GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which 2 teams (1 in the East, 1 in the West) will take the biggest fall?

+2
SensGirl11
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe it's as little as the team losing the division and falling to 6th (for example), maybe it's someone who made it last year and will be hard-pressed to do it again.

Who is it - and why?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Montreal in the East - the loss of Halak will have a serious effect on this team. They showed this summer that nobody's job is safe there, no matter how much of a hero you are. I already thought they had overachieved last year, and I think they will show that they did this year. I predict them to fall as far as 13th in the East.

The West is harder to choose...ummm...Phoenix or Colorado...?? I dont' think so..but I had to name someone...so I'll go with Colorado I guess...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I guess it's also possible that San Jose loses some fire this year and could maybe fall down the standings a bit...but I'm not convinced.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

2 teams in the East. New Jersey and Buffalo. NJ is not winning the division, and they're not going to have home ice in the playoffs, but they'll still be there.
Buffalo will miss playoffs entirely as the support which was barely holding them up will collapse.

I'm tempted to say that Colorado will fall in this category in the West, but they were already a bubble team last season. So I'm just going to say that Chicago is NOT winning their division, but they'll still be there in the playoffs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

East team- Montreal

West team- Phoenix or Nashville, hell maybe even Chicago

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:East team- Montreal

West team- Phoenix or Nashville, hell maybe even Chicago

Montreal finished 8th. How far do you think they'll fall?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the East will be very similar to last year, so that's why they're my "biggest faller". I think they will drop to 12th or 13th.

Colorado as well in the West, I forgot about them.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Buffalo - they got max performances out of everyone

Phoenix - same as above

Honourable mentions: Montreal, New Jersey, LA, Colorado

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm tempted to say Buffalo, but I'll go:

EAST - Montreal. People have covered it above. I like Gionta and Cammelleri, even Gomez and Plekanec don't suck all the time, but trading Halak just destroys any insulation they had against Price getting nervous or whatever and crapping his pants everywhere.

WEST - San Jose. Eat it, I hate the teams make-up now. Reminds me of when the Sens were ridiculously top heavy, but had shaky defensive depth. Vlasic, Boyle....uh....Murray, Wallin....Demers. That's not a great D at all, we're about to find out if Niemi is really that good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum