GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010

+28
Tuk Tuk
Devo
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
rooneypoo
TeamRenzo
stempniaksen
beerandsens
SDH89
dennycrane
SensGal
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
M_Christopher
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 22, 2010

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_lcap210%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_lcap230%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 24 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 48]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you have to wait a year for lehner at least before he's NHL ready. with the team we have in bingo next year, they should have killer year. with veteran cheechoo leading the way Sarcasm .
then we bring him up to ottawa as back up. so in a couple of years sound right.
oh and patrick roy strated pretty diddling young.(not saying he's roy) but on the other hand carey price is the best reason why he shouldn't be thrown in too early.

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I have no doubt in my mind that Leclaire will start the season opener next season.

But why? Elliott was amazing in the 2nd half of the season, I can't understand why we'd do that. Surely we aren't that dumb.

And he's been garbage when it mattered the most. Sure he's got the mindset of a winner - whatever the Diddle that means - but he hasn't done himself any favors. When this team needed a save, even one he shouldn't necessarily have made, it hasn't happened.

The Adams backhander, the Crosby breakaway, the Crosby shot from the half boards, misplaying the puck behind the net, the Ponikarovsky goal, the Bill Guerin goal...some of them you might be thinking, what chance did he have. But once in a while, you need your goalie to come up spades for you. That hasn't happened. It just hasn't happened. That's 6 goals alone right there plus probably one or two more I can't think of right now.

You need saves. When your team is getting outplayed - which hasn't even been the case this series - you need your goalie to go beyond the line of duty to keep you in the game.

We've had no such moments despite Neely's assertions that Elliott was playing "out of his skull" in the first period of game 4.

+1
I've agreed for a couple of games now that Elliott isn't exclusively to blame for the Sens losses, but he isn't stealing games and that is what the Sens would have needed as a start. That is how the two most significant Sens winning streaks of this season started. They got good goaltending, won a game or two that maybe they shouldn't have and then gained momentum. Soft, untimely goals haven't been a part of Elliott's game this season but are definitely there this post season.

All that being said, this season's version of Leclaire gave up soft and untimely goals all too often. I guess management is counting on that improving.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:This is interesting. Do you all agree? I think it's too late to change too much in our game, but I really do believe that Murray is right with his statement here. The guys are more interested in running around and trying to hit guys than making the right plays and scoring some goals. When Pittsburgh does this they create opportunities out of it. We seem to just be running around and trying to hit anything that moves without getting the puck back and creating chances. The guys we are hitting are not necessarily the right ones either. We're running around hitting guys but we're not hitting the one guy that's killing this series for us, Crosby. Does it make sense to you at all? I've wondered all series why he's been able to dance around everyone and hasn't been hit hard by anyone. It's very concerning and it is a big reason why we find ourselves in the hole we are in this morning. What will change tonight? Will they take Murray's advice?

GM Bryan Murray dropped by the dressing room to deliver the Senators a message before they flew off — possibly into the sunset — Wednesday afternoon.

Be yourselves, he told them.

“I made a point to the guys this morning that we’ve been more interested in running around and hitting people than just playing the way we normally play,” said Murray, whose team is one loss from seeing its season end. “Pittsburgh is a good team. We’re a good team. We’re in the playoffs. I’m watching other series. Colorado is competing really well with San Jose ... that’s what I think our team is capable of doing.”

“Two games (in Pittsburgh) we played okay then (Tuesday) we just went out to crucify people rather than play smart and keep the game simple and allow us to compete in the third period,” said Murray.

“I think we got caught up in trying to be more physical than we’d normally be, that’s all. And when we gave up the third goal, we lost total focus for awhile. Then we finally get one back, and get a second one, and then the damn glass falls out when we have a great slot play. It was because of a hit, there’s nothing anybody can do about it, but it’s just what seems to be the case right now.”

That's EXACTLY what I told after game 4.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Since the Sutton hit, Ottawa has very rarely looked like the team I watched all year.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I gotta feeling...
That tonight's gonna be a good night...
That tonight's gonna be a good, good night...

I hope you're not referring to this:

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:

you should hear the song where they change the words to Imma Be.... I need pepto to listen to it...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:WOW, Im shocked here... guess Clouston is desperate enough to try anything at this point. I wouldnt be shocked if this game was done after the 1st 10 mins. We'll see if Leclaire is actually a big game goaltender.

This is 100% the wrong call. Elliott has been our goalie down the stretch, and he's almost certainly in our medium to long terms plans. Plus, he's, what, 7-0 in games after he's been pulled? (I don't know the numbers, but they're crazy good.)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sens win 4-3.... ya you read that right. i'm the only one givin the sens the win. somoen has to
GO SENS GO!!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:My hate is more brought on by people always making excuses for him. It's like their kid who is a criminal... "nooo, he's a good kid, he would never do that".

Anyways, no, Spezza isnt close to good enough to get The Sens a top 5 pick, hell, he isnt good enough to get The Sens a top 10 pick. Best you can hope for is perhaps a mid rounder and a mid tier prospect for him.

I don't care if I get an infraction, someone has to call you out on that.

That is single most idiotic thing I have read on these boards since joining up. The fact you think one of the better PPG players since the lockout couldn't garner more than a mid pick and mid prospect is comical. You are fully allowed to have your own opinion, but to act like such a pompous donkey and to think anyone actually takes what you have to say seriously is ridiculous.

The worst thing about this is that when you're not talking about Spezza you're a pretty level headed guy. But your Spezza hate is getting to the point where I, and likely others, can't take you seriously.

Yes Spezza had a bad game, yes he's had a bad series. He is also fresh off the best stretch of his career while completly changing his game. Oh and did I mention he's only 26 years old? That might seem like an old man when looking at other young talents, but he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

/rant

Yup the best 28 games since he signed his contract 3 years ago. Where was he the 1st 1/2 of the year? Oh ya, he was "hurt". Where was he last year? oh ya, coaching problems. Where was he during the melt down of 07/08? Oh ya, the whole team was to blame there along with Emery.

He was only 23, he was only 24, he was only 25, now he's only 26. Next year he will be only 27 and the same questions that people had about him when he came into the league are still there.

How many teams would deal for Spezza? Not a lot. Most teams are either building a solid young core (where Spezza would not help in the area's needed) or they just have a better center.

You sure called me out but the fact of the matter remains Spezza, when it matters is still the same 20 year old kid that came into the league with questions about his character along with his inability to correct bad habits. It cost them huge this year. That "28 game" stretch (82 game season incase you forgot) was just that, a stretch. Ill use the almost 3 seasons before it.

Spezza isnt a franchise player and it has been proven time and time again.

The truth hurts. And, unfortunately, no one's going to buy it right up until the day after we trade him, and they have to come to terms with why we'd do so.

rooneypoo wrote:
N4L wrote:WOW, Im shocked here... guess Clouston is desperate enough to try anything at this point. I wouldnt be shocked if this game was done after the 1st 10 mins. We'll see if Leclaire is actually a big game goaltender.

This is 100% the wrong call. Elliott has been our goalie down the stretch, and he's almost certainly in our medium to long terms plans. Plus, he's, what, 7-0 in games after he's been pulled? (I don't know the numbers, but they're crazy good.)

Dah, I dunno... I think Elliott really just lost it after that 2nd goal last game. I get the move, I just dont agree with it totally. So much gray area here.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
marakh wrote:

you should hear the song where they change the words to Imma Be.... I need pepto to listen to it...

That was a really well done video. Sens fans should be so clever.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME ON! GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And the parade to the penalty box begins again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pittsburgh PP was horrible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Regin has a nose for the net, doesn't he?

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Karlssonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

sorry Fisher got the tip

Last edited by Bramlet07 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Imagine if our PP was like this during the regular season? We'd be seeded 3rd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum