GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post game analysis - Game 1, Ottawa @ Pittsburgh

+14
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
SensHulk
Riprock
CockRoche
TheAvatar
SensGal
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Numerodooze
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW Fuhr's highest GAA of 5.05 came in 81/82 losing 3 and winning 2

His three most successful playoffs in terms of total wins were

84/85 GAA 3.12 save percentage not found
86/87 GAA 2.47 save percentage not found
87/88 GAA 2.91 save perentage of 883.

Decent but not mind blowing statistics for his best years. Point is he made the saves when it matterd, 5 cup rings to show for it.

Remember Kevin Lee... that guy was so Diddling negetive towards the Sens and he was supposed to be a fan.. what an Donkey.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW Fuhr's highest GAA of 5.05 came in 81/82 losing 3 and winning 2

His three most successful playoffs in terms of total wins were

84/85 GAA 3.12 save percentage not found
86/87 GAA 2.47 save percentage not found
87/88 GAA 2.91 save perentage of 883.

Decent but not mind blowing statistics for his best years. Point is he made the saves when it matterd, 5 cup rings to show for it.

Indeed but far enough away from 4 GAA and 810 save percentage to prove my point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Indeed but far enough away from 4 GAA and 810 save percentage to prove my point.

Yeah but...this is game one and we took some bad penalties and Elliott didn't have a prayer on at least 3 of those goals. Maybe 4.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Yeah but...this is game one and we took some bad penalties and Elliott didn't have a prayer on at least 3 of those goals. Maybe 4.

I don't see what the argument is. Elliott is much better than what he showed last night. We have high expectations because he's a damn good goalie. Nothing wrong from wanting to see Elliott prove to everyone how good he really is.

This guy is really stretching the stats..

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/scott_cullen/?id=318010

I think he said his next report is going to link poo size to point production.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not really an argument. Elliott can be and likely will be better as will the rest of the team in game two. So will Pittsburgh which leads me to believe that we'll need that improvement if we hope to come home up 2-0.

- Unknown Author

Nothing at all but everyone's opinion of his game last night should be "not his best game but it was only his first NHL playoff game. He got the job done and he will get better as the series goes on". That's all that should have been said about him today.

The only thing Elliott has proven if he has proven anything is he shuts people up and proves them wrong, he wins, and he bounces back after he doesnt play up to his own standards.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Nothing at all but everyone's opinion of his game last night should be "not his best game but it was only his first NHL playoff game. He got the job done and he will get better as the series goes on". That's all that should have been said about him today.

The only thing Elliott has proven if he has proven anything is he shuts people up and proves them wrong, he wins, and he bounces back after he doesnt play up to his own standards.

That I can definitely agree with. Just as Penguins players, coaching staff etc. are expecting better from Fleury, in game two, the same can be said for Elliott by the Sens org. and most fans.

- Unknown Author

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Elliott didn't have a prayer on at least 3 of those goals. Maybe 4.

Don't get carried away. Do you mind if if disagree with you for a quick second?

Elliott wants the first Malkin goal back. He was in position and the puck got through him with no screen. He knows he has to read that play a bit quicker which would have allowed him be more upright and tight.

He wants the second Malkin goal back as well. He was way to deep in his net.

The Adams goal was a poor angle, he knows that one must be stopped.

I can make and excuse for the 4th goal as well, but I won't. Ask Elliott and he will tell you he wants that one back as well though.

Goalies are perfect, Elliott is no exception.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:Remember Kevin Lee... that guy was so Diddling negetive towards the Sens and he was supposed to be a fan.. what an Donkey.

yup...he thought Bryan Murray was the problem all along and should be fired. Some ppl are just so stupid and ignorant to realize that our struggles were due cuz of our idiot gm John Muckler who just reaped the benefits of previous draft years

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Any news on Michalek?

Elliott was fine last night and will be better tomorrow. I have the feeling he will have to be because I can't see Ottawa getting five again.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I thought Campoli had a heck of a game yesterday. He's received alot of smack for his inconsistencies but he was solid yesterday.

That 2nd goal Elliott let in went right off of Phillips, how he can prepare for a deflection of his D man's leg Ill never know. The goals that went in on Elliott last night were good goals, end of story.

Elliott getting a win in his first game is a pass.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Elliott didn't have a prayer on at least 3 of those goals. Maybe 4.

Elliott wants the first Malkin goal back. He was in position and the puck got through him with no screen. He knows he has to read that play a bit quicker which would have allowed him be more upright and tight.

I can make and excuse for the 4th goal as well, but I won't. Ask Elliott and he will tell you he wants that one back as well though.

All goalies want all goals back to be fair. As for the first Malkin goal I can't comment as I missed it and only heard and read about it. The second Malkin goal was deflected off the inside of Phillips knee and changed direction. To suggest he should have had that one is a bit far fetched.

Not only is Phillips in the way of Elliott getting a clean look it goes off of him on it's way into the net. Fluke plain and simple. No way Elliott should have been expected to anticipate the puck hitting his D man's knee and changing direction like that.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:That 2nd goal Elliott let in went right off of Phillips, how he can prepare for a deflection of his D man's leg Ill never know. The goals that went in on Elliott last night were good goals, end of story.

Elliott getting a win in his first game is a pass.

You beat me to it.

- Unknown Author

CockRoche wrote:

So every goal should have been stopped? Really?

N4L wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

So every goal should have been stopped? Really?

pretty sure that malkin goal was a huge screen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum