GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+21
Ev
sens4win
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Spirou
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
SensGal
PKC
SensHulk
PTFlea
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 17]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Um...did that come off SBP? Seriously?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Um...did that come off SBP? Seriously?

I gotta call my account manager and find out how to get the old banners before they change them. Smile

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

so maybe this person at one time worked for SBP or the senators?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First post has been updated with Michalek's status. He is done for the year and will have season ending surgery. He's not expected back before training camp.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Did you guys know Michalek almost lost his leg because of an infection post-surgery on his knee? It happened whilst playing in the Czech league during the lockout I believe, IIRC.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Did you guys know Michalek almost lost his leg because of an infection post-surgery on his knee? It happened whilst playing in the Czech league during the lockout I believe, IIRC.

Yup. Some Czech doctor figured he should have it chopped off and he decided to come to NA for a second opinion and bobs your uncle.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, morale of the story is - don't trust the health care system outside of North america.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Yup, morale of the story is - don't trust the health care system outside of North america.

I thought it was - If someone tells you to have your leg chopped off always get a second opinion. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Hey now, there are lots of great health care places outside of North America (post surgery infections happen alot).

Either way, it sucks, but I'm sure he will be A-OK for next year :D

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I have heard way too many horror stories of Canadians or Americans having medical procedures done outside of North America. Mind you, there are the odd stories of people in Canada and the US who have had their share of medical nightmares.

But as you sad, anyways, we do hope he will be ok. But, for someone who is 25 years old to have had 4+ major knee injuries, you have to think how much more he can take? I know many people who have had bad knee injuries at 16 and their careers were over.

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:I have heard way too many horror stories of Canadians or Americans having medical procedures done outside of North America. Mind you, there are the odd stories of people in Canada and the US who have had their share of medical nightmares.

But as you sad, anyways, we do hope he will be ok. But, for someone who is 25 years old to have had 4+ major knee injuries, you have to think how much more he can take? I know many people who have had bad knee injuries at 16 and their careers were over.

I really hope all goes well. No one can complain about health care in this area. I am just saying like Switzerland/Australia/England those sorta places all have pretty amazing health care. Knee injuries do suck though. I wish him well, and what not. I'm just a health nut/nerd so I figured I'd speak up! haha

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, I certainly wasn't very clear when I said "outside of N.A.", but I certainly did not mean to generalize the entire world. I know that the countries you mentioned are pioneers in modern medical science. I was more so speaking of the 3rd world countries, not that I meant that the Czech Republic was 3rd world. Regardless, second and even third opinions are good. Even the best countries have their share of bad medical professionals.

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:Well, I certainly wasn't very clear when I said "outside of N.A.", but I certainly did not mean to generalize the entire world. I know that the countries you mentioned are pioneers in modern medical science. I was more so speaking of the 3rd world countries, not that I meant that the Czech Republic was 3rd world. Regardless, second and even third opinions are good. Even the best countries have their share of bad medical professionals.

That is true. One of our surgeons/nurses go to that area every year to do surgeries. But apparently its my duty to put an end to generalizations. lol. That or I am just totally super bored and don't want to go for a run today!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No, you were right in questioning my generalizations lol. It was my fault for not being clear.

What the D i d d l e are you guys talking about.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

A poor generalization on my part for which SensGal called me out lol.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Wow, the Michalek loss is going to hurt us I think. The only thing that can give me some re-assurance is that he probably was going to get hurt at one point or another, he clearly wasn't completely healthy. This sucks, but our guys have to continue playing as a team and get through this together. Hopefully the insertion of Cheechoo in the lineup and a few tweaks here and there will smooth it out a bit. But, we can't kid ourselves, this will hurt us in this series.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That is what depth is for. If I told you this would be our top six going into the playoffs I don't think you'd complain too much would you?

Regin-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Cullen

Edit: Note that three of those guys are proven playoff performers.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum