GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Likely Sen to be Dealt

+8
Riprock
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
Devo
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
dennycrane
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which current roster player of the Sens is most likely to be traded by Wednesday?

Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_lcap20%Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_lcap263%Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_rcap2 63% [ 10 ]
Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_lcap225%Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_rcap2 25% [ 4 ]
Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_lcap20%Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_lcap212%Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:19 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

You can choose more than one if you wish.

With the rumour mill going into high gear, and the Sens having to decide on whether they feel they are top contenders or not, it will be interesting to see which, if any, players off the roster. I deliberately left Brian Lee off of this list, as it is plain to see that Murray will replace him on the active roster and send him to Bingo or trade him.

Thoughts are welcome.

2Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:22 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I voted for Nick Foligno. I expect Murray to pony up the cash to keep Volchenkov and I think his radio interview was a subtle way of suggesting to Volchenkov that he could be traded.

Foligno is an RFA at the end of the season, and the Sens are tight to the cap for next year as it is. I don't want to see him traded, but for the right player, Foligno could go.

3Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So hard to answer that question...

I'm tempted to vote Foligno, because I think if the right offer came around Murray would probably deal him. By right offer, I mean someone like Robidas, but how many young forwards (who are any good) do we have?

Not enough...I don't know the answer, this is a heck of a good question.

I'll say Chris Campoli off the current roster, but I have no idea.

EDIT: I will vote for Foligno after all, I think there might be an attractive enough deal out there for us to consider it.

4Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think they'll resign Campoli. I don't think he'll cost too much, and his upside is worth the relatively minimal risk vis a vis his salary.

5Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll tell you who's not being traded and that's Volchenkov. As much as most of us would like to see a return on him before he walks, that's just not the way Murray operates.

6Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll tell you who's not being traded and that's Volchenkov. As much as most of us would like to see a return on him before he walks, that's just not the way Murray operates.

Intriguing. Most Likely Sen to be Dealt 663118

7Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'll tell you who's not being traded and that's Volchenkov. As much as most of us would like to see a return on him before he walks, that's just not the way Murray operates.

Intriguing. Most Likely Sen to be Dealt 663118

We need Dallas Dave to tweet something that discounts that! Most Likely Sen to be Dealt 235689

8Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:04 pm

If the deal is right he will. He did try and trade Neil and he signed Kuba before he was dealt... if anything, I would say no one knows what Murray does in this situation because no one has seen it.

I think A Train comes in with either Ward or Seidenberg coming in short term.

9Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
If the deal is right he will. He did try and trade Neil and he signed Kuba before he was dealt... if anything, I would say no one knows what Murray does in this situation because no one has seen it.

I think A Train comes in with either Ward or Seidenberg coming in short term.

I suppose, let's just say there's really no documentation here nor there on what he would do.

The teams who passed on Neil last deadline should be kicking themselves to this moment. Idiots, everyone knew Neil was perfect for a playoff team like Chicago, but hey, they know best.

10Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:09 pm

I think A Train gets dealt. I dont think Murray will let him dictate what happens to him at this point and there are replacements for A Train, even short term ones that will probably be just as effective or close to playing with Phillips.

11Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:14 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Out of curiosity, if Volchenkov gets dealt, does that mean we are going to be making a trade (or two) for two defensemen?

12Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

I dunno... Sens might go with Lee in all honesty. With A Train and his agent pulling this I think Lee becomes a little less expendable.

That being said, a guy like Ward who can be had for next to nothing looks pretty frigging good right now being as A Train might have seen his last game in a Sens uni. Perfect short term solution.

13Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think the posturing is just becoming more public. I'll be surprised if Volchenkov is traded. That being said, the uncertainty of that will likely cause Murray to stand pat, with the exception of an additional d-man for a mid-round pick or prospect.

14Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I think the posturing is just becoming more public. I'll be surprised if Volchenkov is traded. That being said, the uncertainty of that will likely cause Murray to stand pat, with the exception of an additional d-man for a mid-round pick or prospect.

Yeah, this is where I'm resigning myself to. Not much action.

15Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Empty Re: Most Likely Sen to be Dealt Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Could very well be, but I dont think Murray lets A Train walk for nothing after seeing Redden and Chara walk... Those are the moves that killed us on the blueline for a long time.

Anyways, I would rather give that cash to Phillips next year, sign him to a life long contract, something like 8 years at 3.3 mil.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next