GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics

+9
asq2
wprager
Riprock
PKC
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SensHulk
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I "survived" last off season by spending 3 weeks in Europe going to Switzerland, South of France and Paris. I know I know rough eh? Especially when you factor in that it only cost me train tickets, aeroplan miles and the odd meal since I was staying with family. The only "rough" part about it was the severe lack of Air conditioning. Lalalala

32Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:I find trouble surviving in the off-season without sens hockey (apart from free agency day). If I have so much trouble, I can't imagine how you do it SD....

There's stuff to track, like free agents, prospects etc. Otherwise it's a bit of a break from it. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 805406

I'm the same. Except I count down the days to the draft and check rumours on a daily basis in the summer. I'm more pre-occupied with free-agent signings on the 1st than I am with barbecueing. And I attend my son's goalie camps just to stay around hockey. Also I don't work as much.

33Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:53 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I'm quite a hard-core hockey fan, but seriously, in ths summer I can easily survive without hockey. I mean, I have a hard time staying at home with that beautiful weather and all those girls in bikinis Razz

34Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Don't get me wrong....I love summer as well. But more often, I find myself hoping each day for some breaking sens news or hockey news. The jays suck so i just don't find it worth my time watching all 20000 games they play in the season. It sux reading the sports sections and nothing on hockey....it blows.

By summer, I mean well after July 1 and the draft....so around mid July to end of August...hmm, well I guess it doesn't sound that bad.

35Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:16 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I'm quite a hard-core hockey fan, but seriously, in ths summer I can easily survive without hockey. I mean, I have a hard time staying at home with that beautiful weather and all those girls in bikinis Razz
haha i have a cottage by the beach

36Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Don't get me wrong....I love summer as well. But more often, I find myself hoping each day for some breaking sens news or hockey news. The jays suck so i just don't find it worth my time watching all 20000 games they play in the season. It sux reading the sports sections and nothing on hockey....it blows.

By summer, I mean well after July 1 and the draft....so around mid July to end of August...hmm, well I guess it doesn't sound that bad.

That's true, I have to slum to watching the Jays from time to time as well.

37Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:46 pm

don't forget about Roman Wick who scored the only goal for the Swiss against usa. he was a 5th round pick for Ottawa in 2004 and is still with the Sens organization and on their website.

38Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:don't forget about Roman Wick who scored the only goal for the Swiss against usa. he was a 5th round pick for Ottawa in 2004 and is still with the Sens organization and on their website.

I think his rights ran out, I don't think we still have him as a player/prospect.

39Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I'm trying to find out if he is still technically a Sens prospect. Anyone able to confirm? I know he's listed on their site, but so are Kirill Lyamin http://senators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471271 and Ruslan Bashkirov http://senators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474101.

Lats I had heard anything connecting Wick and Ottawa was through his
Wikipedia article that he attended Ottawa's camp in 2007 and was cut.

I also know that there's a time limit for teams to sign their drafted players before losing them. Anyone know the time frame for drafted players?

40Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Nice. Finally a senator scored (Ruutu).

41Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any updates?

42Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

no one is keeping track of our sens anymore Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 521674

43Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:57 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

All of our Sens are still in the tournament!
Daugavins doesn't count.

44Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

can't say that after today though...either Ruutu or Kuba/Michalek are coming home. Here's hoping Volchenkov and Alfie can come home too today itself Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 159628

45Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Volchenkov better be coming home tonight. I'm a proud Canadian thus cheer for my country, and I'm scared he'll get hurt Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 432129

46Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:18 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:Volchenkov better be coming home tonight. I'm a proud Canadian thus cheer for my country, and I'm scared he'll get hurt Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 432129

Would Volchenkov still re-sign if Canada beats him tonight? Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 805406

47Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Volchenkov better be coming home tonight. I'm a proud Canadian thus cheer for my country, and I'm scared he'll get hurt Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 432129

Would Volchenkov still re-sign if Canada beats him tonight? Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 805406
well he wont get hurt unless he gets played on the PK with sea weber at the point, that shot is just wicked

48Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:15 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Well looks like the Olympics is over for almost all our senators. Except for Ruutu, all of Michalek, Kuba, Alfie, and Volchenkov will get some rest now before regular season resumes on Tuesday, and that ain't not bad Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 3 159628

I always felt Alfie is risking burn out, so the rest (however little it is) will defi do him some good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum