GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS- Ottawa Senators

+5
dennycrane
LethalLehner
shabbs
Sens4thecup
asq2
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Sens player with the biggest impact on the franchise?

TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_lcap271%TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_rcap2 71% [ 20 ]
TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_lcap218%TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_rcap2 18% [ 5 ]
TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_lcap211%TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Vote_rcap2 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Like this one even needs explaining? Daigle obviously :D

2TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

We not talking 1920s franchise?

In that case, pretty easy choice.

Although Daigle had quite an impact.

3TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:21 pm

asq2 wrote:We not talking 1920s franchise?

In that case, pretty easy choice.

Although Daigle had quite an impact.
ya, 1992+. I might make a 1890-1928 franchise eventually.

4TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

No Chara??? Razz

5TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Good impact or bad impact?

6TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:27 pm

shabbs wrote:Good impact or bad impact?
Preferably good.... two of these players have had contract hold outs with us though.

7TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Sens4thecup wrote:No Chara??? Razz

Or Duchesne

not only did he score "the goal" but he also was the first good d-man and IMHO best all around defenseman we've ever had. Leadership, puck moving, powerplay QB, defensive ability.

*******GP G A PTS PIMS
1995-966212243642
1996-977819284738

8TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tukker wrote:
shabbs wrote:Good impact or bad impact?
Preferably good.... two of these players have had contract hold outs with us though.
Need to think about this one...

I do have to say, I thought Hasek was a player that made us a legitimate contender for the Cup in the 2005/2006 season. We finally had a super star goalie that we had been looking for for so long, and it certainly looked like we would go the distance... until Torino. I think with Hasek back there, people paid us the respect we deserved... but it was short lived.

9TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Who's the other?

10TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:52 pm

[quote="shabbs"]
Tukker wrote:
Need to think about this one...

I do have to say, I thought Hasek was a player that made us a legitimate contender for the Cup in the 2005/2006 season. We finally had a super star goalie that we had been looking for for so long, and it certainly looked like we would go the distance... until Torino. I think with Hasek back there, people paid us the respect we deserved... but it was short lived.

As much as I hate him I have to agree with McGuire...This morning he said we've never had an elite goalie, and Hasey was as close as we got. He wasn't elite though..far from it and out of his prime by the time he got here.

11TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think with the modern franchise that there is really no other player that has had the kind of impact that Alfie has. Impact does not necessarily mean the person that brought us the furthest into the playoffs, though Alfie scored the goal to take us to the cup. Overall I think that Alfie has been the consumate player, leader, and captain.

12TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Shabbs - I think Hasek is the player who had the greatest single season impact, but in the grander scale, I don't think he comes close - unless you consider his time with the Sabres and our battles with them...
Tukker wrote:Like this one even needs explaining? Daigle obviously :D
Imo there's no question that Yashin and Daigle were the two players to have the greatest impact on the franchise. The question implies a whole lot more than just on-ice play or time served.

Had Daigle turned out to be a player, this franchise would have been drastically different.

I'm surprised I was the first to vote for Yashin. Between his leading this team into the playoffs, to his holdout, to his trade - Yashin had a universal impact on this team.

13TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:52 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Yashin.

1. First great player on the team.
2. In the end, he became Chara and Spezza.

14TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:30 pm

dennycrane wrote:Yashin.

2. In the end, he became Chara and Spezza and Muckalt.

Fixed. Wink

15TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Empty Re: TBOFS- Ottawa Senators Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Yashin.

2. In the end, he became Chara and Spezza and Muckalt.

Fixed. Wink

And don't you forget it!! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum