GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics

+9
asq2
wprager
Riprock
PKC
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SensHulk
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I'd guess that Gonchar, Markov and Korneev are going to see monster minutes on the blue line.

I'll take that over Volchenkov getting more minutes blocking the fudge outta shots. Can't risk injury Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 555492

17Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
PKC wrote:I'd guess that Gonchar, Markov and Korneev are going to see monster minutes on the blue line.

I'll take that over Volchenkov getting more minutes blocking the fudge outta shots. Can't risk injury Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 555492

Me too, I'm nervous. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 432129

18Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:36 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Daugavins was better than I anticipated. He had one pretty nice spin and shot move that looked like that famous Zetterberg goal - except he didn't score.

Volchenkov was per the usual, basically. I noticed that he tapped Nabokov's pads after every save. It was also pretty funny to see that he was getting powerplay time, given that Russia has so many offensive defencemen, plus Ovechkin and Kovalchuk who usually play the point. I guess it was because it felt like that entire game got reduced to a special-teams show. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 244451

19Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:

Didn't he get injured in his first game last time? Am I mis-remembering or did he end up going home on crutches, and we were all fearing that he had a broken ankle or something?

20Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Schubert's slap shot broke his leg last time.

21Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You'd think so, but this Nikulin guy (any relation to the ex Sens prospect?) got moe ice time than Gonchar.

22Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:57 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Didn't he get injured in his first game last time? Am I mis-remembering or did he end up going home on crutches, and we were all fearing that he had a broken ankle or something?

Yes he did get injured at the World Championship last year, and by a Schubert shot no less. Dammit! Ended up with a foot fracture.

23Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Schubert's slap shot broke his leg last time.

Was it really broken though? I thought it was mis-reported.

24Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I was laughing when I saw Volchenkov on the PP. The russian coach tried every combination possible, it looked like a practice game.

25Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I can't recall? I thought it was a busted femur or something.

26Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I mis-remember Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 159628

27Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

And that's how legends are created Smile

It was actually a possible broken bone in his foot. Which explains why that poster on HF Boards said "pinky-toe". I was just perusing that Gleason/Volchenkov discussion. Man, when do you find the time to post nearly 20K here, who knows how many over there, still lurking around HB, I think, and then you claim to spend 90 minutes on weekdays and 5 hours on weekends gaming. Are you independently wealthy? Because even when I in-between jobsI couldn't do all that.

28Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:And that's how legends are created Smile

It was actually a possible broken bone in his foot. Which explains why that poster on HF Boards said "pinky-toe". I was just perusing that Gleason/Volchenkov discussion. Man, when do you find the time to post nearly 20K here, who knows how many over there, still lurking around HB, I think, and then you claim to spend 90 minutes on weekdays and 5 hours on weekends gaming. Are you independently wealthy? Because even when I in-between jobsI couldn't do all that.

Well...I don't really get involved in discussions on HF. There's the common conception on there that someone's word is always the last and inevitably on each thread there's an argument. My prospects are better than yours! My players are better than yours! Please...it's so tiresome.

I don't mind the Trade Rumour thread there because they seem to use every outlet for their rumours. I like Kulka's though and always have. It's pretty straight forward really.

But the thing about HF is not to get involved in the arguments, use it as a resource, like you would HockeyDB, but don't get involved. Once in a while I'll post when there's nothing going on here, but I have 4000 posts there in triple the amount of time that I've been here, something like...wow it must be 5 -7 years there. I spend the bulk of my time here because even when there is a disagreement, I can usually rely on guys like you, PKC, Asq etc. to present a good argument and we can discuss it civilly.

If you saw the Gleason/Volchenkov thread, you know exactly what I mean.

HockeyBuzz, I literally go to once a month, it's a lucky day when I type in that address. That place sucks like a vacuum. However, I am addicted to hockey in a big, big way. That's why I dislike the Olympics, I want to see NHL hockey, not glorified all-star teams. Now granted, it's gonna get real entertaining to watch and I'm already enjoying it, but it doesn't really matter to me - especially not the way the Ottawa Senators matter to me.

Luckily for me, where I work there's no blocking of sites, so I work my arse off for an hour or two, come in here and catch up on all the talk, reply, then get back to work again. At night, when I stay up later than Melanie (SensGirl11), I surf this site and sometimes HF before bed.

As I say, I'm addicted to hockey - BIG time. I can't help it, it's like cocaine to me. I need this site. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 270956

29Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:32 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I find trouble surviving in the off-season without sens hockey (apart from free agency day). If I have so much trouble, I can't imagine how you do it SD....

30Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I find trouble surviving in the off-season without sens hockey (apart from free agency day). If I have so much trouble, I can't imagine how you do it SD....

There's stuff to track, like free agents, prospects etc. Otherwise it's a bit of a break from it. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 805406

31Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I "survived" last off season by spending 3 weeks in Europe going to Switzerland, South of France and Paris. I know I know rough eh? Especially when you factor in that it only cost me train tickets, aeroplan miles and the odd meal since I was staying with family. The only "rough" part about it was the severe lack of Air conditioning. Lalalala

- Unknown Author

32Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:I find trouble surviving in the off-season without sens hockey (apart from free agency day). If I have so much trouble, I can't imagine how you do it SD....

There's stuff to track, like free agents, prospects etc. Otherwise it's a bit of a break from it. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 805406

I'm the same. Except I count down the days to the draft and check rumours on a daily basis in the summer. I'm more pre-occupied with free-agent signings on the 1st than I am with barbecueing. And I attend my son's goalie camps just to stay around hockey. Also I don't work as much.

33Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:53 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm quite a hard-core hockey fan, but seriously, in ths summer I can easily survive without hockey. I mean, I have a hard time staying at home with that beautiful weather and all those girls in bikinis Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum