GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics

+9
asq2
wprager
Riprock
PKC
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SensHulk
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:19 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hey guys. Thought it'd be neat to have a thread that keeps a track of how our sens are doing so far in the olympics. This list pertains to the following sens:

Daniel Alfredsson
Milan Michalek
Filip Kuba
Jarrko Ruutu
Anton Volchenkov
Kaspars Daugavins

Did anyone watch the Russia/Latvia game? How were Volchie and the Daug?

2Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good question, I couldn't stay up for that one. How did these two look?

3Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice idea. BTW I moved this to General Hockey talk because it was in the Introductions forum and it doesn't belong there.

- Unknown Author

4Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn't catch the other games but nice work posting this. ThumbsUp

5Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:33 am

Rookie
Rookie

Volchie looked good. They were switching up his pairing a lot. He was with Kalinen most of the time though on the third pairing. Laid a couple of solid hits, but for the most part was used like a third liner.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

6Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Daugavins was a speedy little demon out there yesterday. His shot is still not up to NHL quality, but he's pretty tenacious and with a little more seasoning could be quite useful in the pro level.

7Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I saw that Volchenkov was on the ice for one of the goals, not sure if it was Radulov's or Ovechkin's.

8Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:52 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nice idea. BTW I moved this to General Hockey talk because it was in the Introductions forum and it doesn't belong there.

Thanks Cap'n. Yeah forgot I was in the intro section (was trying to figure out how to start a thread! little did I know....)

9Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:54 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Can't seem to find good boxscores for the olympic games....maybe they don't keep track of too many stats.

Should be interesting today. Hopefully Michalek and Alfie can pot a few.

10Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:56 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Can't seem to find good boxscores for the olympic games....maybe they don't keep track of too many stats.

Should be interesting today. Hopefully Michalek and Alfie can pot a few.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/results/4;_ylt=AufiyAtQohAp8RDCS_VqELaDsbV_?is_medal=

Best boxscore I could find so far.

11Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hockey/schedule-and-results/mens-preliminary-round---group-b-game-3_ihm400b01nLAT-vgame_stats-TR.html

Daug had 1 SOG in 11:44 of ice time, and finished -1.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hockey/schedule-and-results/mens-preliminary-round---group-b-game-3_ihm400b01nRUS-vgame_stats-pS.html

Volchenkov was a +1 in 13:01 of ice time. Only Tyutin had less ice time on D (13:00). He's probably going to see a lot more ice time against better opposition.

12Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'd guess that Gonchar, Markov and Korneev are going to see monster minutes on the blue line.

13Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I'd guess that Gonchar, Markov and Korneev are going to see monster minutes on the blue line.

I'll take that over Volchenkov getting more minutes blocking the fudge outta shots. Can't risk injury Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics 555492

14Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
PKC wrote:I'd guess that Gonchar, Markov and Korneev are going to see monster minutes on the blue line.

I'll take that over Volchenkov getting more minutes blocking the fudge outta shots. Can't risk injury Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics 555492

Me too, I'm nervous. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics 432129

15Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Daugavins was better than I anticipated. He had one pretty nice spin and shot move that looked like that famous Zetterberg goal - except he didn't score.

Volchenkov was per the usual, basically. I noticed that he tapped Nabokov's pads after every save. It was also pretty funny to see that he was getting powerplay time, given that Russia has so many offensive defencemen, plus Ovechkin and Kovalchuk who usually play the point. I guess it was because it felt like that entire game got reduced to a special-teams show. Ottawa Senators @ the Olympics 244451

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum