GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hamhuis to Ottawa?

+5
Riprock
M_Christopher
Urkie
sens4win
Jordo
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Smith wont be anything but a 6, 7 Dman in The NHL but if he plays responsible, 2 way game, he can def play at this level. Cant wait to see him, very excitted.

32Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:I don't really know much about Smith. I remember him looking solid in the pre-season, but how old is he? When did we pick him up? More offensive minded or defensive??

He plays like Picard without the breakdowns.

33Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 pm

marakh wrote:
SDH89 wrote:I don't really know much about Smith. I remember him looking solid in the pre-season, but how old is he? When did we pick him up? More offensive minded or defensive??

Better skater too, more seasoned in the sense he has played more mins and learned the game more so then Picard. Smith is a better option then Lee IMO but that is a needless discussion because they will both be here and ready to go.

34Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:16 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:
marakh wrote:

Better skater too, more seasoned in the sense he has played more mins and learned the game more so then Picard. Smith is a better option then Lee IMO but that is a needless discussion because they will both be here and ready to go.

Am I the only one concerned about Smith's -15? I know Bingo has been great this year, but yeesh. Only Bass has a worse +/-. Here's hoping it turns into a situation like Mike Brodeur where he is a completely different player in the NHL.

(Also good to see everyone coming around to my neck of the woods on how bad Picard really is Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 85287 )

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

35Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Not worried about it because Bingo has little to no defensive forwards that actually come back and help that team out. Brodure couldnt stop a puck there either so...

I think Smith may very well turn some heads.

36Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Was actually impressed with Smith's speed and determination in the pre-season.

37Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:27 pm

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8473953&view=stats#&navid=nhl-keymatch

There is the link to his profile. He gets better every year so hopefully he can make the most of this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum