GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hamhuis to Ottawa?

+5
Riprock
M_Christopher
Urkie
sens4win
Jordo
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Murray's giving LEe one last chance? Although we clearly are desperate on D right now until Karlsson's back. Plus it's good to have another right handed shot.

17Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Im really interested to see SMith, in a big way. Personally, I think he's better the Lee.

18Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:43 pm

if kelly gets traded, a lot of people on here will be surprised at how much he did for us. he will leave a big hole on the ice at EV and the PK and in the room as a person and leader.
kelly is not an asset that i would look to trade.

19Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Maybe Murray's giving LEe one last chance? Although we clearly are desperate on D right now until Karlsson's back. Plus it's good to have another right handed shot.

Wonder what our pairings are tomorrow night...

Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Lee?
D. Smith - Carkner?

Smith is a lefty and Lee is a righty, so either we split them up (as above) or (gulp!) pair them together.

It's gonna be a harrowing few games, I'd say. NYI is no WAS, obviously, but DET looked pretty amazing last night against SJ.

20Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Carnker and Smith were a pair in Bingo last year so that's exactly what I think it will be.

21Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:49 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Carnker and Smith were a pair in Bingo last year so that's exactly what I think it will be.

Ah, that helps.

Who played together during the pre-season -- Smith/Carkner, or Smith/Lee? I remember the pairing looking good, but not the guy on the other side of Smith. Smile

22Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:51 pm

I think it was Smith/Carnker, they were solid. Like I said somewhere, I love how Smith looked in the preseason and was defently better then Lee. He's been better then Lee all year.

23Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't actually see Kelly being traded. Much like Neil, they both are paid more than they are probably worth, but Murray "overpaid" them because he likes them. Can't see him trading either since he was the one who extended them for 4 years each.

24Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I don't really know much about Smith. I remember him looking solid in the pre-season, but how old is he? When did we pick him up? More offensive minded or defensive??

25Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Murray would be insane to trade Kelly, I dont think he is even considering it though. Kelly is such an important piece on The Sens it would be close to suicide. Not even an option if it's for a rental.

26Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:59 pm

SDH89 wrote:I don't really know much about Smith. I remember him looking solid in the pre-season, but how old is he? When did we pick him up? More offensive minded or defensive??

I'm pretty sure he is about 25, great shot, more offensive upside then Lee for sure. Ive always thought he had the potential to be that number 6 guy that can play some PP mins and do some spot work. I'm a fan of his, more so then Lee.

27Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:Maybe Murray's giving LEe one last chance? Although we clearly are desperate on D right now until Karlsson's back. Plus it's good to have another right handed shot.

Wonder what our pairings are tomorrow night...

Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Lee?
D. Smith - Carkner?

Smith is a lefty and Lee is a righty, so either we split them up (as above) or (gulp!) pair them together.

It's gonna be a harrowing few games, I'd say. NYI is no WAS, obviously, but DET looked pretty amazing last night against SJ.

thats what murray said he thinks the lines will be...i read that on the ottawa senator website

28Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:00 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I can't actually see Kelly being traded. Much like Neil, they both are paid more than they are probably worth, but Murray "overpaid" them because he likes them. Can't see him trading either since he was the one who extended them for 4 years each.

More importantly, perhaps, I can't see NSH trading Hamhuis for Kelly. That team has needed offense since the moment they went into 'savings' mode and gutted their roster.

If OTT makes a move for Hamhuis and has to give up a forward, it's going to be someone with a little more offensive flair -- someone like Foligno.

29Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:I can't actually see Kelly being traded. Much like Neil, they both are paid more than they are probably worth, but Murray "overpaid" them because he likes them. Can't see him trading either since he was the one who extended them for 4 years each.

More importantly, perhaps, I can't see NSH trading Hamhuis for Kelly. That team has needed offense since the moment they went into 'savings' mode and gutted their roster.

If OTT makes a move for Hamhuis and has to give up a forward, it's going to be someone with a little more offensive flair -- someone like Foligno.

I'd only deal Foligno for Hamhuis if we could extend DH. Otherwise it's a no go for me.

30Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:02 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
SDH89 wrote:I don't really know much about Smith. I remember him looking solid in the pre-season, but how old is he? When did we pick him up? More offensive minded or defensive??

I'm pretty sure he is about 25, great shot, more offensive upside then Lee for sure. Ive always thought he had the potential to be that number 6 guy that can play some PP mins and do some spot work. I'm a fan of his, more so then Lee.

He also looked pretty much at home, at least in the pre-season games. Young, inexperienced D often stick out badly. From what I remember, Smith had a nice way of blending in and being effective.

He's not going to wow our socks off here or anything, in the short term, but if his previous play is any indication, he should be steady and reliable for 15+ minutes a game. We couldn't always say that about Picard, or even Campoli some nights.

31Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Smith wont be anything but a 6, 7 Dman in The NHL but if he plays responsible, 2 way game, he can def play at this level. Cant wait to see him, very excitted.

32Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He plays like Picard without the breakdowns.

33Hamhuis to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamhuis to Ottawa? Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 pm

marakh wrote:

He plays like Picard without the breakdowns.

Better skater too, more seasoned in the sense he has played more mins and learned the game more so then Picard. Smith is a better option then Lee IMO but that is a needless discussion because they will both be here and ready to go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum