GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who won the Kovalchuk trade?

+11
The Silfer Server
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SDH89
KubaTrooper
dennycrane
wprager
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who won the Kovalchuk trade?

Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap250%Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 8 ]
Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap231%Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 5 ]
Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_lcap213%Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did anyone catch this? http://twitter.com/kausatoday

For those interested, St. Louis and Ottawa were the mystery teams that kicked the tires on Kovalchuk. Bravo for their aggressiveness.

Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 235689 Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 805406

47Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:26 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we were close apparently. But who were we giving up?....

48Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, we were close apparently. But who were we giving up?....

Not enough. Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 159628

I, for one, could totally live without Kovalchuk on this team. In all seriousness, I think a Dumont, Brunette or The Wizard are far better fits.

49Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, we were close apparently. But who were we giving up?....

I, for one, could totally live without Kovalchuk on this team. In all seriousness, I think a Dumont, Brunette or The Wizard are far better fits.

I know, but still, who do you think we offered?

Surely not Michalek, so Foligno, Cheechoo (dump), Kuba (?), 1st?

50Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:34 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lou just said on NHL LIve that it was ATL that requested Cormier, and that the Devils organization didn't want him to be in the mix.

51Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:36 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Lou just said on NHL LIve that it was ATL that requested Cormier, and that the Devils organization didn't want him to be in the mix.

And why not. His agression streak aside, he's good enough skill wise to captain the WJC Canadian team, I'd want him too

52Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Ottawa sun is stating that Atlanta wouldn't bite on Cheechoo, and that Murray may have also dangled Lee...

Really if Waddel had been reading this board then he would realize that both players are anything but players Murray really wants in the organization.

53Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

beedub wrote:
marakh wrote:Lou just said on NHL LIve that it was ATL that requested Cormier, and that the Devils organization didn't want him to be in the mix.

And why not. His agression streak aside, he's good enough skill wise to captain the WJC Canadian team, I'd want him too

You also thought that Toronto was a better team than Ottawa.....

54Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:
beedub wrote:

And that Toronto would be in 8th or 9th by the end of the season.

- Unknown Author

55Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Devo wrote:Ottawa sun is stating that Atlanta wouldn't bite on Cheechoo, and that Murray may have also dangled Lee...

Really if Waddel had been reading this board then he would realize that both players are anything but players Murray really wants in the organization.

I'm guessing Garrioch doesn't know who Murray dangled, but he's certainly made it clear how much he hates Cheechoo. Look for that name to keep coming up in his articles.

Besides, I'm sure Murray wouldn't jeopardize a potential deal of this magnitude by insisting the other team take on his problems.

56Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:Ottawa sun is stating that Atlanta wouldn't bite on Cheechoo, and that Murray may have also dangled Lee...

BS. Murray dangled Wiercioch, Foligno, Cheechoo (dump), and one of Silfverberg or Petersson OR a 1st round pick. That's my official guess.

57Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:49 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Kuba has a NTC clause, why would he waive it to go to Atlanta. Before the deadline, he'll only waive it to go to a contender. He has the power to control what team he goes to up until the summer, when the NTC expires. It is then when we'll be able to trade him to teams he wouldn't want to go to.

58Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Kuba has a NTC clause, why would he waive it to go to Atlanta. Before the deadline, he'll only waive it to go to a contender. He has the power to control what team he goes to up until the summer, when the NTC expires. It is then when we'll be able to trade him to teams he wouldn't want to go to.

I think a pitch for Kovalchuk would involve a more aggressive offer than Kuba, like Volchenkov for example.

59Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray was just a tire kicker though right?

- Unknown Author

60Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I think a pitch for Kovalchuk would involve a more aggressive offer than Kuba, like Volchenkov for example.

Yeah, you're right. Volchenkov, Foligno, 1st rounder, prospect (likely Silfverberg)?

61Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Murray was just a tire kicker though right?

Once you start naming players, you're no longer kicking tires. Of course, I have no idea if it ever came to that. But if it didn't, it should never have been reported at all.

62Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No way would Murray offer up A-train with us gunning for home-ice advantage in the playoffs.

63Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who won the Kovalchuk trade? Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Devo wrote:
beedub wrote:

And that Toronto would be in 8th or 9th by the end of the season.

Wow, get out the daggers, Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 62136 I said, hockey wise, Cormier is a great prospect. IF they can get his agression controlled. IF they can then he's gonna be like a Sean Avery with skill. Yes, please! Great player to have.

Toronto IS a better team than their record indicates, and don't be suprised to see them climb steadily in the next 20 games. Their defence corps is better than Ottawa's, even with Komisarek out (actually I think it improves with him out Who won the Kovalchuk trade? - Page 4 270956 )

9th is not out of the question. Giguere is money, while Elliot is streaking (again). Let's talk again when he wakes up (again)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum