GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+35
pegsensfan
Number Twenty Nine
sens4win
SensGirl11
The Montagoose
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
beerandsens
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
BigRig
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
strachattack
rooneypoo
wprager
KidKarlsson
Urkie
SDH89
SensHulk
ddt
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
M_Christopher
Riprock
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

856TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I don't know how you spin it to justify a 2nd for Moore. Positively mystifying.

I still can't see anyone giving up firsts for guys like Poni. Whitney, most probably now. Or 2nd + good prospect. Damn, that's steep.

Awful deal for MTL. If they move a 3rd or 4th, nobody blinks an eye or thinks twice, but this really raises the price on other rentals.

857TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:26 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

To defend Gauthier a bit, he did deal a 2nd in 2011 which is slated to be the weakest draft since 1996, so in that regard he didn't give up much. Still too much though.

858TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

stempniaksen wrote:To defend Gauthier a bit, he did deal a 2nd in 2011 which is slated to be the weakest draft since 1996, so in that regard he didn't give up much. Still too much though.

true

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

859TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:That's steep, but with the Moore trade tonight, I'm all out of whack on pricing.

I'd think long and hard about it. Ideally, I'd like someone who can play both ends of the ice a little more than Sutton, but I don't know if you can find someone like that who makes under $2 mil a year, is available, and won't cost an arm an a leg.

Dan Hamhuis for Lee, O'Brien, 2nd? TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 679331

Yeah, that's about right. Although...Nashville might want a warm body up front, but yeah, that sounds pretty good. Hamhuis is perfect to slip into the top 4 in Ottawa and present some real nice depth through our 7 D.

More than ever, Hamhuis sounds very nice. Picard, O'Brien, 2nd? Then trade Lee for a forward prospect in the summer?

Whatever, as we all are starting to realize, this team will only go as far as the players believe in each other. I doubt there'll be monumental trades, I even find Hamhuis a stretch for what we're gonna be doing (nothing much).

860TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

awhile ago, and I mean maybe 2 weeks ago, there were some murmurings about Brunette coming to Ottawa for Lee + (not sure what the + is), would be more for that than the Svatos rumblings.

861TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:36 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dominic Moore has been traded to the MTL Canadiens for a 2nd round pick.

862TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:41 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Dominic Moore has been traded to the MTL Canadiens for a 2nd round pick.

now comes the swirlings TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 489887 Ek is still calling for Whitney to the Eastern Conference, writing is on the wall dude, LA has a hard on for this guy and I am like others here, would be surprised if he ends up anywhere else.

863TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:55 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Dominic Moore has been traded to the MTL Canadiens for a 2nd round pick.

now comes the swirlings TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 489887 Ek is still calling for Whitney to the Eastern Conference, writing is on the wall dude, LA has a hard on for this guy and I am like others here, would be surprised if he ends up anywhere else.

It sounds more and more like he'll be in LA for sure. Don't tell me you're still reading the buzz... Thumbs Down

864TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:56 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Welcome back btw!! Haven't seen you in a long time!

865TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

It sounds more and more like he'll be in LA for sure. Don't tell me you're still reading the buzz... TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 853450

I used to go there for M_Christopher's blog, sad to see he is not there anymore, but understand his reasoning, and well, its good for a laugh sometimes TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 235689

866TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:02 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

It sounds more and more like he'll be in LA for sure. Don't tell me you're still reading the buzz... TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 853450

I used to go there for M_Christopher's blog, sad to see he is not there anymore, but understand his reasoning, and well, its good for a laugh sometimes TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 235689

He's here now though, maybe he'll start writing some blogs once in a while. He's busy with the SIM too. I think he got a job elsewhere to write too. It's better for him to move on from there.

It is good for a laugh for sure. Ek is a douche.

867TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Welcome back btw!! Haven't seen you in a long time!

and thank you, glad to be back, work/baby/firefighting was taking over my life there for awhile, some normalcy is back now, I hope TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 270956

868TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:01 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:If I'm BM, that's the kinda move I make. I don't understand this search for more wingers when it's so painfully obvious that we're in a tough spot every time one of our 6 regulars goes down. Even Campoli, who's been decent lately, is only marginally outplaying Picard.

It'll cost SJ's 2nd though, are you comfortable with that?

That's steep, but with the Moore trade tonight, I'm all out of whack on pricing.

I'd think long and hard about it. Ideally, I'd like someone who can play both ends of the ice a little more than Sutton, but I don't know if you can find someone like that who makes under $2 mil a year, is available, and won't cost an arm an a leg.

The latest from the "Inside Man: http://insidemanhockey.blogspot.com/

Ottawa Senators having increased dialog with the Preds in recent days. Speculation remains high that Hamhuis could finish the season in Ottawa. Alternatively Sheldon Brookbank has also been linked with the Senators TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 805406

869TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

not sure on the validity of the inside man, he was talking about the Sens being in on Lecavalier, can never see that happening, so that makes me question his validity, especially since Ek said the same thing about Vinny in the capital.

870TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 Good old Inside Man....

871TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:not sure on the validity of the inside man, he was talking about the Sens being in on Lecavalier, can never see that happening, so that makes me question his validity, especially since Ek said the same thing about Vinny in the capital.

Negative on the validity charts.

872TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ponikarovsky will most likely be moved by 3 PM says McKenzie.

873TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

strachattack wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:If I'm BM, that's the kinda move I make. I don't understand this search for more wingers when it's so painfully obvious that we're in a tough spot every time one of our 6 regulars goes down. Even Campoli, who's been decent lately, is only marginally outplaying Picard.

It'll cost SJ's 2nd though, are you comfortable with that?

That's steep, but with the Moore trade tonight, I'm all out of whack on pricing.

The latest from the "Inside Man: http://insidemanhockey.blogspot.com/

Ottawa Senators having increased dialog with the Preds in recent days. Speculation remains high that Hamhuis could finish the season in Ottawa. Alternatively Sheldon Brookbank has also been linked with the Senators TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 58 805406

Dan Hamhuis in OTT would be sexy, no doubt. I imagine NSH would want scoring help in return, tho', and scoring help for right now. I would seriously consider Foligno for Hamhuis if I thought there was a good chance we could re-sign Hamhuis -- he's going to be a $3-4 mil D next year, too, tho', I'd say, and there's the question if we can even afford him and Volchenkov (even if we moved Kuba and bought out Cheehoo).

Brookbank actually strikes me as the kind of depth defenceman we would go after -- someone to play in the event of injury, or if Campoli/Picard really stumble. It'd be the kind of move some guys around here would resent BM for, but which would probably be right for the team all the same. A 3/4 guy who can play both ends of the ice would be ideal, but a 5/6/7 guy who is reliable and steady would fit the bill in terms of our needs, too.

That said, I don't put much credit in this Inside Man fellow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum