GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI

+9
Phoenix30
shabbs
Jordo
COLLAR UP
jamvan
PKC
PTFlea
Cronie
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:30 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:
If I had to guess from play and what I've been told, Lee may in fact get sent down so he can play the top pairing in Bingo. So far the coaching staff aren't overly impressed by his play.

Even after last night? Huh. If they feel he needs 20 games in Bingo to get his game to 100%, no one here can argue. There's no question that he's a top pairing D in the future, let's make sure he doesn't get screwed up along the way.
I just remember Lee from junior, he wasn't overly offensive. Are we expecting something that's not really there?

Maybe...he's a puck mover for sure, nice snap passes, but maybe he's not really the PP guy we're waiting for. Although, he's such a clean passer, maybe if we have the big shot of Kuba or Picard or Schubert on the line, he can be making the passes to them - or to the forwards down low.

But the only two guys that I've seen get the puck to the net on a PP are Kuba and Smith (I love this guy).

Plus, Jam, have you noticed Lee's shot? It's really heavy, deceptive as well. It might give off a lot of rebounds and if that's the case our big guns - especially Heatley might have a field day with that.

I dunno...tricky situation.

62Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:02 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I keep hearing that Picard is indeed a hidden gem of sorts, and as you pointed out, Murray specifically hand-picked him, and knowing Murray's background and what he looks for, he must know or see something special that Picard will bring to the team and org.
It's going to be interesting as to what happens, as there has been next to nothing said in regards to Schubert.

If I had to guess from play and what I've been told, Lee may in fact get sent down so he can play the top pairing in Bingo. So far the coaching staff aren't overly impressed by his play.

I, too, think that this may be a possibility, which is something that I wouldn't have said a month ago. I can't imagine him spending the entire season there -- maybe just 10-20 games or so -- but he's on a 2-way deal, he hasn't been standout, and we've got all kinds of competitive for spots on D, including from guys on 1-way deals (Picard, Schubert).

Murray was really high on him last year, saying Lee is now an NHLer, but you never say never in this business...

63Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:06 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I keep hearing that Picard is indeed a hidden gem of sorts, and as you pointed out, Murray specifically hand-picked him, and knowing Murray's background and what he looks for, he must know or see something special that Picard will bring to the team and org.
It's going to be interesting as to what happens, as there has been next to nothing said in regards to Schubert.

I, too, think that this may be a possibility, which is something that I wouldn't have said a month ago. I can't imagine him spending the entire season there -- maybe just 10-20 games or so -- but he's on a 2-way deal, he hasn't been standout, and we've got all kinds of competitive for spots on D, including from guys on 1-way deals (Picard, Schubert).

Murray was really high on him last year, saying Lee is now an NHLer, but you never say never in this business...
What do you think it does to his confidence if he gets sent down?

64Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
What do you think it does to his confidence if he gets sent down?

I don't think it'd be awful for him. Those long bus rides give you plenty of motivation, and he wouldn't be there for two long. It could go badly, suppose, but he seems like he's got his head in the right place.

65Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Brian Lee Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:33 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Guys, I'm not sure what all the fuss about Brian Lee is. He reminds me alot of Redden, where he quietly does everything right. He may not go end to end and lead a rush, but he's an incredibly sound stay at home who sees the ice remarkably well. He looked really good with Kuba on the PP last night. His shots get through to the front of the net as well.

I agree that at times he's looked a little shaky here and there in the preseason- but he hasn't made any mistakes like Bell's giveaway last night, or Picard's giveaway at home vs. NYR. I think if it's between those three, I'm most comfortable bringing Lee in.

Let's not forget his strong play in the wrap up of the season last year- not to mention being called up from the AHL in an incredibly pressured and intense situation here in the city to make the playoffs- and he answered the call remarkably well.

This guy deserves a spot on the team, and it blows me away that anybody is even questioning it.

66Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:35 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:Guys, I'm not sure what all the fuss about Brian Lee is. He reminds me alot of Redden, where he quietly does everything right. He may not go end to end and lead a rush, but he's an incredibly sound stay at home who sees the ice remarkably well. He looked really good with Kuba on the PP last night. His shots get through to the front of the net as well.

I agree that at times he's looked a little shaky here and there in the preseason- but he hasn't made any mistakes like Bell's giveaway last night, or Picard's giveaway at home vs. NYR. I think if it's between those three, I'm most comfortable bringing Lee in.

Let's not forget his strong play in the wrap up of the season last year- not to mention being called up from the AHL in an incredibly pressured and intense situation here in the city to make the playoffs- and he answered the call remarkably well.

This guy deserves a spot on the team, and it blows me away that anybody is even questioning it.
Good points Jordo. I was thinking the exact same thing, that he reminds me of a young Redden.

He also made a great play on that two on 1 near the end of the game.

67Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:38 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:Guys, I'm not sure what all the fuss about Brian Lee is. He reminds me alot of Redden, where he quietly does everything right. He may not go end to end and lead a rush, but he's an incredibly sound stay at home who sees the ice remarkably well. He looked really good with Kuba on the PP last night. His shots get through to the front of the net as well.

Oh, I agree. I like Lee a lot. I just wonder at what point do the economics of it all (1-way vs. 2-way deals) come into play. Unless we're going to carry an uncharacteristically big roster (22-man?) this year -- which, who knows, we may well do -- something's gotta give somewhere.

68Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

If Neil can play like last night EVERY night, I'm officially off the "Trade Neil" campaign.

Lee is staying. Don't forget he's a rookie.

Winchester: Whoever had the foresight and vision to sign this guy should get a medal. He's awesome!

Spezza: what, two games in the row with HEART? I could actually get used to this!

Heatley has elevated his game as well.

What's nice to see and this is huge positive, is that we won without goals from the pizza line.

69Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:If Neil can play like last night EVERY night, I'm officially off the "Trade Neil" campaign.

Lee is staying. Don't forget he's a rookie.

Winchester: Whoever had the foresight and vision to sign this guy should get a medal. He's awesome!

Spezza: what, two games in the row with HEART? I could actually get used to this!

Heatley has elevated his game as well.

What's nice to see and this is huge positive, is that we won without goals from the pizza line.

Exactly! And if this keeps up, all those pundits, or 'idiots', who claim Ottawa is a one-line time, should take a step back.

I remember when it was announced that Murray beat out a bunch of other teams in Winchester sweepstakes, and I thought who is this guy... I couldn't be happier. Here's hoping he keeps improving and maintains that drive! Smile

Same thing with Spezza and Heater. I always believed that Hartsburg would be an awesome motivator for the young guys and so far, he's doing a fine job. Keep it up Craig. And lets all see what else our Sens have in store for us!

70Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Winchester is great. Having closely watched him these past few games, he displays everything that the top line has been looking for and sorely lacked. He's poised, has great position and balance, puck control, and plays a physical game.

Anyone get nostalgic seeing #18 skating around out there?

71Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Winchester is great. Having closely watched him these past few games, he displays everything that the top line has been looking for and sorely lacked. He's poised, has great position and balance, puck control, and plays a physical game.

Anyone get nostalgic seeing #18 skating around out there?

Sometimes yeah...but I'm more worried about how Winchester is playing right now - and so far...so good!

72Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfPj8Tucpik

I hope everyone enjoys

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum