GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI

+9
Phoenix30
shabbs
Jordo
COLLAR UP
jamvan
PKC
PTFlea
Cronie
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:I still don't understand the scoring concerns:

Heatley - 41
Alfredsson - 40
Spezza - 34
Vermette - 24
Fisher - 23
---------------------

That isn't bad at all. Kelly and Vermette's numbers should go up a few playing with Alfredsson, though his might go down.

Someone has to get the puck to the forwards cleanly for them to have a chance to score nightly. We've got two guys to do that: Jack and Squat.

Actually, I shouldn't say that, I've been impressed with Phillips and his puck-moving this pre-season. Hopefully, Lee, Schubert, Picard, Bell, Kuba can all pitch in at some point.

17Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:20 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:I still don't understand the scoring concerns:

Heatley - 41
Alfredsson - 40
Spezza - 34
Vermette - 24
Fisher - 23
---------------------

That isn't bad at all. Kelly and Vermette's numbers should go up a few playing with Alfredsson, though his might go down.

Heatley could rebound for another 50, and Spezza could pot 30. Winchester could add 15-20.

Back to the lineups, despite adding the lone goal vs. NYR, McAmmond still could be the odd man out. Perhaps he and Isbister could rotate games? I like what Isbister brings.
Not too mention I can see Fisher and Vermette getting 30 each this year. If Fisher can remain healthy all year, he could even push for 35

18Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:good point Murder. Although I'm not anticipating any problems from Downie... and I hope I'm right.

I hope you are right too. Wasn't it a preseason tilt that Downie hit McAmmond in? I hate that little shart.

19Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:31 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:good point Murder. Although I'm not anticipating any problems from Downie... and I hope I'm right.

I hope you are right too. Wasn't it a preseason tilt that Downie hit McAmmond in? I hate that little shart.
I would suspect a skeleton line up for the Fleyrs tonight anyway.

20Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's not like we don't have players who can move the puck, that's riduculous to say.

Come on guys, we aren't a bad team.

We can score goals by the buckets, and now more than ever, we can impose physical harm on opponents.

That's why I'd like to see McAmmond not play in favour of a tougher guy, like Brad or Matt.

And Lee and Picard will be leaned on to QB the PP.

Looks like Schubert could also be the man out this year.

21Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:53 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

To be honest...a line consisting of Kelly, Verm and Alfie does not look very comforting...or intimidating...for me anyway

Kelly can be as rarin' as he wants...but he is not 2nd line material every night...Fisher certainly has way more upside on the 2nd than Kelly...IMO...

but I guess only time will tell...Kelly and Verm play really well together...so maybe it could work out...

but having a guy in Fish on the 3rd making 6 mil seems kinda out of place no?

22Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:To be honest...a line consisting of Kelly, Verm and Alfie does not look very comforting...or intimidating...for me anyway

Kelly can be as rarin' as he wants...but he is not 2nd line material every night...Fisher certainly has way more upside on the 2nd than Kelly...IMO...

but I guess only time will tell...Kelly and Verm play really well together...so maybe it could work out...

Indeed it does, but Hartsburg might ask you not to look at it that way. He might be looking at Kelly, Vermette and Alfie as the defacto line 2, while Fisher, Neil and Ruutu are a line 2B that can kill you. :D

Line 4 should be okay too.

But I agree, it should certainly be Vermette - Fisher - Alfie (unless they know something I don't - which they probably should).

23Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If it were up to me, it'd be: (using what we've got)

Winchester/Foligno-Spezza-Heatley
Winchester/Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson
Kelly-Vermette-Donovan
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

McAmmond and Schubert gone for picks/prospects to stock up the farm.

24Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flyers Lineup:

Nodl-Richards-Briere
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Hartnell-Downie-Lupul

Coburn-Timonen
Eminger-Parent
Vaananen-Sbsia

Kuba and Bell will be on PP1.

EDIT:

Kuba and Picard will anchor PP 1. Huh.

EDIT 2: No. It will be Bell and Kuba. Rolling Eyes

“The big thing for (the defence as a whole) is that they have to defend but we really have to continue to improve our transition game,” said Hartsburg. “Moving the puck will be a big thing. We want to make sure we’re moving it smart and quick. A guy like Brendan Bell, he has the ability to do that.”

25Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:08 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:Flyers Lineup:

Nodl-Richards-Briere
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Hartnell-Downie-Lupul

Coburn-Timonen
Eminger-Parent
Vaananen-Sbsia

Kuba and Bell will be on PP1.

EDIT:

Kuba and Picard will anchor PP 1. Huh.

EDIT 2: No. It will be Bell and Kuba. Rolling Eyes

“The big thing for (the defence as a whole) is that they have to defend but we really have to continue to improve our transition game,” said Hartsburg. “Moving the puck will be a big thing. We want to make sure we’re moving it smart and quick. A guy like Brendan Bell, he has the ability to do that.”

Wow, that's actually a pretty strong lineup for the Flyers. No idea who's starting in net?

This could be a fun game to watch! Excited to be going! On my way to SBP now for dinner!!

26Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:
Wow, that's actually a pretty strong lineup for the Flyers. No idea who's starting in net?

This could be a fun game to watch! Excited to be going! On my way to SBP now for dinner!!

I guess Biron, they're icing their lineup pretty much. Should be a good one.

27Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:16 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:To be honest...a line consisting of Kelly, Verm and Alfie does not look very comforting...or intimidating...for me anyway

Indeed it does, but Hartsburg might ask you not to look at it that way. He might be looking at Kelly, Vermette and Alfie as the defacto line 2, while Fisher, Neil and Ruutu are a line 2B that can kill you. :D

Line 4 should be okay too.

But I agree, it should certainly be Vermette - Fisher - Alfie (unless they know something I don't - which they probably should).

I wouldn't call a line of Fish, Neil and Ruutu a 2B line...that is def. a 3rd line...

Neil and Ruutu combined for 12 G (30pts) last year...no way is that a 2B...

28Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:

I wouldn't call a line of Fish, Neil and Ruutu a 2B line...that is def. a 3rd line...

Neil and Ruutu combined for 12 G (30pts) last year...no way is that a 2B...

I said Hartsburg would argue with you...

29Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Does anyone know the actual lines tonight?

30Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think Simon Gagne is playing tonight.

31Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Eek. I turn on the game and we're down 1-0 already.

32Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Eek. I turn on the game and we're down 1-0 already.

It's because Bell needs to chill out a little - he gave it up right in the slot.

33Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, how happy are you that we have Spezza, Heatley and Alfie on our side? These guys are just sick. affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum