GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI

+9
Phoenix30
shabbs
Jordo
COLLAR UP
jamvan
PKC
PTFlea
Cronie
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Alfredsson will play tonight, skating on a line with Kelly and Vermette. I'm very nervous about tonight's game because of who we are playing and what happened last year.

So, is Kelly-Vermette-Alfredsson being penciled as our 2nd line?

2Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:32 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It seems to be. I'd love to get confirmation though...

3Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Alfredsson will play tonight, skating on a line with Kelly and Vermette. I'm very nervous about tonight's game because of who we are playing and what happened last year.

So, is Kelly-Vermette-Alfredsson being penciled as our 2nd line?

For sure they're a line. They were talking with Kelly on Sportscenter or one of those this morning - and he's rarin to go.

4Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:07 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So much for Foligno in top 6 Sad

5Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 am

DashRiprock wrote:So much for Foligno in top 6 Sad
He's not ready - its as clear as day...He will be a great tertiary threat 8)

I'm all about figuring out line combinations and I love the fact that our lineup can be rotated in so many different ways!
So does this look right?

Heatley - Spezza - Winchester
Kelly - Vermette - Alfredsson
Ruutu - Fisher - Neil
And the rest...

We obviously have a surplus of forwards, but do those top-3 line inspire great confidence in you? I love Vermette - Alfredsson, but can Kelly round out that line?
Does Neil really belong anywhere other than the 4th line? Does he even still belong on this team? Would Foligno look better in his spot?
What about the 4th line? Does Bass play for the Sens this year? Do McAmmond and Donovan still have a place on the team?

6Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:So much for Foligno in top 6 Sad
He's not ready - its as clear as day...He will be a great tertiary threat 8)

I'm all about figuring out line combinations and I love the fact that our lineup can be rotated in so many different ways!
So does this look right?

Heatley - Spezza - Winchester
Kelly - Vermette - Alfredsson
Ruutu - Fisher - Neil
And the rest...

We obviously have a surplus of forwards, but do those top-3 line inspire great confidence in you? I love Vermette - Alfredsson, but can Kelly round out that line?
Does Neil really belong anywhere other than the 4th line? Does he even still belong on this team? Would Foligno look better in his spot?
What about the 4th line? Does Bass play for the Sens this year? Do McAmmond and Donovan still have a place on the team?

My humble opinion is to put Vermette - Fisher - Alfie
then Ruutu - Kelly - Foligno

But yeah, we have a lot of second and third liners.

7Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Winchester-Spezza-Heatley
Kelly-Vermette-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Fisher-Neil
McAmmond-Bass-Donovan

8Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:36 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That is a tremendous looking, blue-collar lineup. We might not score as much as in recent years, but we are certainly going to be working hard every night.

9Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:42 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I actually like those lines!

actually, Pk's analogy was perfect! Blue-collar, tight-knit and ready to kick Donkey!

10Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I still don't understand the scoring concerns:

Heatley - 41
Alfredsson - 40
Spezza - 34
Vermette - 24
Fisher - 23
---------------------

That isn't bad at all. Kelly and Vermette's numbers should go up a few playing with Alfredsson, though his might go down.

Heatley could rebound for another 50, and Spezza could pot 30. Winchester could add 15-20.

Back to the lineups, despite adding the lone goal vs. NYR, McAmmond still could be the odd man out. Perhaps he and Isbister could rotate games? I like what Isbister brings.

11Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:46 pm

I would like to see Carkner draw back in tonight. I am always concerned with Downey and his shenanigans. I think we have to have a deterrant or at least a response ready for that pork sword.

12Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

good point Murder. Although I'm not anticipating any problems from Downie... and I hope I'm right.

13Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:I still don't understand the scoring concerns:

Heatley - 41
Alfredsson - 40
Spezza - 34
Vermette - 24
Fisher - 23
---------------------

That isn't bad at all. Kelly and Vermette's numbers should go up a few playing with Alfredsson, though his might go down.

Someone has to get the puck to the forwards cleanly for them to have a chance to score nightly. We've got two guys to do that: Jack and Squat.

Actually, I shouldn't say that, I've been impressed with Phillips and his puck-moving this pre-season. Hopefully, Lee, Schubert, Picard, Bell, Kuba can all pitch in at some point.

14Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:20 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:I still don't understand the scoring concerns:

Heatley - 41
Alfredsson - 40
Spezza - 34
Vermette - 24
Fisher - 23
---------------------

Heatley could rebound for another 50, and Spezza could pot 30. Winchester could add 15-20.

Back to the lineups, despite adding the lone goal vs. NYR, McAmmond still could be the odd man out. Perhaps he and Isbister could rotate games? I like what Isbister brings.
Not too mention I can see Fisher and Vermette getting 30 each this year. If Fisher can remain healthy all year, he could even push for 35

15Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Empty Re: Game 3 - Wed. Sept. 24 vs. PHI Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:good point Murder. Although I'm not anticipating any problems from Downie... and I hope I'm right.

I hope you are right too. Wasn't it a preseason tilt that Downie hit McAmmond in? I hate that little shart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum