GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while

+12
beedub
rooneypoo
Devo
PKC
caissie_1
SDH89
LeCaptain
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's time for The Gene to tell fans to blow themselves up! Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while - Page 5 593227

Laughing3 I forgot about that!!! Classic!!!!

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Who's the smartest man in hockey? I thought that belonged to Parros?

BigRig

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:I wonder if someone else is hurting...

I think it's more like some guys need a good benching.....

realistically if Spezz and Alifie weren't injured, does anybody REALLY see Shannon playing every night? or at all?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BigRig wrote:
shabbs wrote:I wonder if someone else is hurting...

I think it's more like some guys need a good benching.....

realistically if Spezz and Alifie weren't injured, does anybody REALLY see Shannon playing every night? or at all?

Shannon is like a 1:4 scale model of Mike Fisher. Of course people want to see that.

Sophomore
Sophomore

Depending on how this road trip goes, it could cost us a playoff spot. I think Murray needs to do some wheelin and dealin Now, not later when it won't matter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Shannon is like a 1:4 scale model of Mike Fisher. Of course people want to see that.

With twice the speed and 1/4 more stick-handling skills.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

111519 wrote:Depending on how this road trip goes, it could cost us a playoff spot. I think Murray needs to do some wheelin and dealin Now, not later when it won't matter.

First things first. We've got a home game against an opponent we should be able to beat tonight. We'll see how St. Pierre goes. Hopefully they won't put him on the 4th line like Shabbs has in the GDT.

Next game is tomorrow against the Canes. Again, a game we should be able to win.

At this point the only thing Clouston has said is that Michalek will not play in either one of the two weekend games. For all we know he will be back by Tuesday when we play the Thrashers -- another team we should be able to beat.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:First things first. We've got a home game against an opponent we should be able to beat tonight. We'll see how St. Pierre goes. Hopefully they won't put him on the 4th line like Shabbs has in the GDT.
My bad on that... I got the two of them mixed up.... St. Pierre should be slotted in the top 6 and Z. Smith will probably be in the bottom 6.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:First things first. We've got a home game against an opponent we should be able to beat tonight. We'll see how St. Pierre goes. Hopefully they won't put him on the 4th line like Shabbs has in the GDT.
My bad on that... I got the two of them mixed up.... St. Pierre should be slotted in the top 6 and Z. Smith will probably be in the bottom 6.

I guess we'll know in a few hours. This organization has a long an illustrious history of bringing up flashy dipsy-dangling forwards and putting them into the game on the 4th line, playing 4-6 minutes with the likes of "Stone hands" and "Chum". How many forward prospects have we lost because of that?

111519 wrote:Depending on how this road trip goes, it could cost us a playoff spot. I think Murray needs to do some wheelin and dealin Now, not later when it won't matter.

You mean like the Campoli for a 1st deal? Snow is looking like a bandit now. To think we could have had Ryan O'Reilly, who's making an impact on Colorado's roster at 18! Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while - Page 5 235689

I don't include the Comrie-McAmmond components of that deal. We had to trade Deano, and Comrie did have quite a bit of success his previous stop here.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I guess we'll know in a few hours. This organization has a long an illustrious history of bringing up flashy dipsy-dangling forwards and putting them into the game on the 4th line, playing 4-6 minutes with the likes of "Stone hands" and "Chum". How many forward prospects have we lost because of that?

Senschirp has St. Pierre and Smith together on a line with Winchester -- 4th line. Don't like it, given our need for offense and the fact that St. Pierre is really not suited to a 4th line role.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, Winchester initially was slotted to be on the top line, wasn't he? But Smith is not a scoring forward, is he?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Well, Winchester initially was slotted to be on the top line, wasn't he? But Smith is not a scoring forward, is he?

Smith probably projects as a 3rd liner who can do 2nd line duty in the event of injuries -- he can score and make plays, and he can definitely play mean rough it up. In the AHL, he averages about a point every other game and about 1.5 PIM per game.

He'll be a very unique contribution to the roster if he pans out, actually. 40 points and 120+ PIM every year in the NHL is nothing to sneeze at, and we really don't have anyone who can put up numbers like that. Maybe he'll turn out to be a David Backes kind of surprise. Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while - Page 5 422187

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum