GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while

+12
beedub
rooneypoo
Devo
PKC
caissie_1
SDH89
LeCaptain
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Eesh that's ugly. Heres' the link. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=59725

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

99 points was his best season in the AHL. With Norfolk in 05-06 he had 27G 72A.
EDIT: Excuse me in 65G. Pretty damn impressive.

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jesus, he's the king of the AHL. Can that translate please?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

His best year recently.

2007-08 Rockford IceHogs AHL 69GP 21G 67A 88PTS

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Who the hell is the other injured player? I hope it's no Kovalev ... like someone already mentioned it's his and Fish's team right now

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I think St.Pierre is the type of player that needs an extended period of time to translate from the AHL success to NHL ... luckily for him this may not be a short call up

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SDH89 wrote:Who the hell is the other injured player? I hope it's no Kovalev ... like someone already mentioned it's his and Fish's team right now
Clouston said no one else came out injured... so perhaps they want to have a long bench for the next bit... 5-game road trip coming up...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm still not convinced that Fisher and Kovalev are 100%. I think they were just scared to say so yesterday and probably still are today. Everyone's going down. Bad, bad, bad luck.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not the only one to think Fisher looks like hell out there, am I? He looks timid, lost and ineffective.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not the only one to think Fisher looks like hell out there, am I? He looks timid, lost and ineffective.

He's not looking great at all lately. I'm sure there's something not quite right with him. He smoked his knee pretty good on the ice yesterday and didn't look too good afterwards. Kovalev fell awkwardly on a play and was very very slow the rest of the game. Something's up for sure.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Perfect, if Kovalev and Fisher are injured while the other top 3 players are too, we'll be joining Carolina in the first overall pick sweeps.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not the only one to think Fisher looks like hell out there, am I? He looks timid, lost and ineffective.

Back to normal, you mean?

I don't think he's timid. In fact I've seen him bust into the zone a few times, lose the puck, and keep skating until he realized he didn't have the puck anymore.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Good news is if they keep winning, or staying around .500 then when Michalek Alfie and Spezza return (though less onthe Spezza front) after the Olylmpics it's like trading for 3 top line players.

Bad news is if they don't keep winning then we could fall out of the playoffs and into the taylor Hall sweeps.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:Good news is if they keep winning, or staying around .500 then when Michalek Alfie and Spezza return (though less onthe Spezza front) after the Olylmpics it's like trading for 3 top line players.

Bad news is if they don't keep winning then we could fall out of the playoffs and into the taylor Hall sweeps.

No matter how you look at it, we're in the Dung for the next couple of weeks.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Even if we lose 4 in a row, which we won't, we will still be in the mix. Fact is, all the teams below us won't win 3-4 in a row (which they need to be above us), because 1/ they will face each other 2/ they're not that good.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

At least this gives us something else to look at / think about. I for one am pretty excited to see both these guys play. I hope we do this right, tho': if you're bringing in St. Pierre for scoring help (and that must be the idea), then put him in a scoring position -- send him out there with some talent and give him regular shifts, and for consecutive games. Smith is a gritty grinder and can do the 3rd/4th line thing, but not St. Pierre.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

With all the injuries, I think Chris Kelly deserves some time on the second line for all his tireless work on the third line this year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:With all the injuries, I think Chris Kelly deserves some time on the second line for all his tireless work on the third line this year.

Tough to do when Regin was our best center just last night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum