GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while

+12
beedub
rooneypoo
Devo
PKC
caissie_1
SDH89
LeCaptain
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

At least this gives us something else to look at / think about. I for one am pretty excited to see both these guys play. I hope we do this right, tho': if you're bringing in St. Pierre for scoring help (and that must be the idea), then put him in a scoring position -- send him out there with some talent and give him regular shifts, and for consecutive games. Smith is a gritty grinder and can do the 3rd/4th line thing, but not St. Pierre.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

With all the injuries, I think Chris Kelly deserves some time on the second line for all his tireless work on the third line this year.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:With all the injuries, I think Chris Kelly deserves some time on the second line for all his tireless work on the third line this year.

Tough to do when Regin was our best center just last night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:At least this gives us something else to look at / think about. I for one am pretty excited to see both these guys play. I hope we do this right, tho': if you're bringing in St. Pierre for scoring help (and that must be the idea), then put him in a scoring position -- send him out there with some talent and give him regular shifts, and for consecutive games. Smith is a gritty grinder and can do the 3rd/4th line thing, but not St. Pierre.

+ 1 man, I always wonder why they force guys like Keller into playing 4th line minutes/duty.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:At least this gives us something else to look at / think about. I for one am pretty excited to see both these guys play. I hope we do this right, tho': if you're bringing in St. Pierre for scoring help (and that must be the idea), then put him in a scoring position -- send him out there with some talent and give him regular shifts, and for consecutive games. Smith is a gritty grinder and can do the 3rd/4th line thing, but not St. Pierre.

+ 1 man, I always wonder why they force guys like Keller into playing 4th line minutes/duty.

I agree with this and I've suggested the same and others have suggested the same, but we know how this will turn out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I agree with this and I've suggested the same and others have suggested the same, but we know how this will turn out.

Clouston usually does the right thing - and this time, he won't have much of a choice in putting St.Pierre in the top 6 IMO.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston was asked directly if St. Pierre would see a top-6 slotting but he didn't divulge anything. A nice opportunity for these guys. Hopefully they take it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Clouston usually does the right thing - and this time, he won't have much of a choice in putting St.Pierre in the top 6 IMO.

What are the odds this is your Top - 6?

Shannon - Fisher - Kovalev
Foligno - Regin - Kelly

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Foligno - Regin - Kelly

Holy Christ...is that currently the worst top 6 in the league?

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Foligno - Regin - Kelly

Depends on which league. That is solid for the AHL and outstanding for the ECHL.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

If they play uptempo smart hockey, they could surprise Florida tomorrow. If they play like they did last night, even Florida is going to roll them

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:
PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Foligno - Regin - Kelly

Depends on which league. That is solid for the AHL and outstanding for the ECHL.

We have a should've-been-Olympian leading the way and the Smartest Man in Hockey on the second line. That should be enough.

shabbs wrote:
Clouston was asked directly if St. Pierre would see a top-6 slotting but he didn't divulge anything. A nice opportunity for these guys. Hopefully they take it.

They can only take what they are given though. I would like to think St. Pierre plays big minutes and has some PP time but who knows.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's time for The Gene to tell fans to blow themselves up! Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while - Page 4 593227

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's time for The Gene to tell fans to blow themselves up! Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while - Page 4 593227

Laugh1

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's time for The Gene to tell fans to blow themselves up! Z. Smith and M. St. Pierre recalled, Michalek out for a little while - Page 4 593227

Laughing3 I forgot about that!!! Classic!!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Who's the smartest man in hockey? I thought that belonged to Parros?

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:I wonder if someone else is hurting...

I think it's more like some guys need a good benching.....

realistically if Spezz and Alifie weren't injured, does anybody REALLY see Shannon playing every night? or at all?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum