GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What team(s) can you not stand watching?

+12
wprager
shabbs
SDH89
LeCaptain
M_Christopher
TheAvatar
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
Riprock
Hoags
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

new jersey hockey wins games--jacques lemaire can coach my habs any day--the bottom line is that they close the deal

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:new jersey hockey wins games--jacques lemaire can coach my habs any day--the bottom line is that they close the deal

Very true but do you enjoy watching them or do you enjoy the results it produces?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:But that probably goes without saying.

When it comes to fluff there's no such thing as something going without saying.

speaking of fluffy - even though I live here, I can't stand watching Pittsburgh. They have the worst homer commentators in the league...

Interesting. I never thought of it from that angle. I was only thinking in terms of the actual on ice product. The commentators are so bad that the play on the ice can't overcome their homer-ism?

New Jersey wins that dubious battle too. Brutal.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

cap'n ckutch--i understand what you mean--at times they might seem a little boring but for me thats my style of hockey--i admit i like that bang and crash hockey. I come from N. ontario and thats how we play hockey. Like I know people are going to jump on me on for this but i don't like watching detroit or even my habs(this is why i don't like gainey as GM) for that matter--i don't like that european style of hockey

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:cap'n ckutch--i understand what you mean--at times they might seem a little boring but for me thats my style of hockey--i admit i like that bang and crash hockey. I come from N. ontario and thats how we play hockey. Like I know people are going to jump on me on for this but i don't like watching detroit or even my habs(this is why i don't like gainey as GM) for that matter--i don't like that european style of hockey

I'd personally prefer to see European style hockey played to precision over Hook, hold, grind, trap, plug away style hockey. I like hitting and crashing the net but trapping snore fests don't interest me at all. Tape to tape passing and smooth transition with some nice open ice hitting, hip checks and fighting for position in front of the net would be my ideal type of game to watch

- Unknown Author

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

cap'n clutch---i hear you but its a matter of opinion i guess. for me european hockey is dirty--people use their sticks, no respect to the other player, slashing, chopping--no accountability but in blue collar hockey town you come to play hard and pay the price to win and if you chop and slash you will be talking to one of the team's policemen

having said that each hockey fan has their own style and there is no right or wrong answer on this one

what do you think of canada's selection--i think lecavilier should have been selected instead of toews

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:cap'n clutch---i hear you but its a matter of opinion i guess. for me european hockey is dirty--people use their sticks, no respect to the other player, slashing, chopping--no accountability but in blue collar hockey town you come to play hard and pay the price to win and if you chop and slash you will be talking to one of the team's policemen

having said that each hockey fan has their own style and there is no right or wrong answer on this one

what do you think of canada's selection--i think lecavilier should have been selected instead of toews

There are a few head scratchers. They are clearly choosing youth over experience for this team.

To be honest if I had ever played hockey in any kind of organized fashion I probably would have been a loose cannon type - More of a Darcy Tucker when he was playing out of control.

- Unknown Author

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

sidstu wrote:cap'n ckutch--i understand what you mean--at times they might seem a little boring but for me thats my style of hockey--i admit i like that bang and crash hockey. I come from N. ontario and thats how we play hockey. Like I know people are going to jump on me on for this but i don't like watching detroit or even my habs(this is why i don't like gainey as GM) for that matter--i don't like that european style of hockey

Heh, the Devils don't even play good bang and crash hockey. Everything is based on positioning and playing their system. I find they're one of the least physical teams.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

You guys don't get the youth route?
It's to give experience to some younger players for the next tournaments.
Toews is not the regular kid in the backyard though. He plays 1st unit PP, PK, awesome at faceoffs, and he's the captain of the best team in the league, has chemistry with Keith and Seabrook, Has won a Gold medal at the WJC where he was clearly the MVP etc. Millions of reasons.
Seriously, I would have scratched my head if he was NOT selected.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:But that probably goes without saying.

When it comes to fluff there's no such thing as something going without saying.

speaking of fluffy - even though I live here, I can't stand watching Pittsburgh. They have the worst homer commentators in the league...

Interesting. I never thought of it from that angle. I was only thinking in terms of the actual on ice product. The commentators are so bad that the play on the ice can't overcome their homer-ism?

on ice play and commentators are all part of the experience....

McGuire is pretty nauseating too of course....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum