GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+25
Sens4thecup
Hockeyhero22000
cain69
rooneypoo
pgood
beerandsens
Urkie
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Hayden
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
Sens19
asq2
TheAvatar
Riprock
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:Kotalik sent home by the Rangers to await possible trade:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308527

Benched in 8 of the last 9. Quite a fall from grace for a guy who signed a pretty hefty UFA deal this past summer.

I think if you look back in the threads, you'll find just about everyone saying "too much," and "why do this after you just got rid of that other problem, Zherdev."

How does Sather STILL have a job? Seriously?

Who knows. The answer must be looked up with the Cadbury secret. The worst part is he doesn't learn from his mistakes. He somehow manage to get out of a contract (Gomez) then turn around and sign another bad one.

Hahaha, I lvoe NYR.

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

Jokinen for Kotalik and Higgins or Gilroy per Dregers twitter

cain69

Prospect
Prospect

Why dosen't the Sens make a push for Kotalik he would fit perfect on the second line

Kolalik Lw/ Fisher C/ Kovalev Rw

Dam that is a nice looking 2nd line

cain69 wrote:Why dosen't the Sens make a push for Kotalik he would fit perfect on the second line

Kolalik Lw/ Fisher C/ Kovalev Rw

Dam that is a nice looking 2nd line

He's been benched for 8 of the last 9 games on a team that was recently goal scoring starved. Included during his benching was a stretch where the Rags went nearly 140 without scoring a goal. If he were a realistic socring threat, he'd be in the lineup. He isn't, therefore the Sens should avoid him like the plague.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sens can't make a play for Kotalik because he's just been dealt with Higgins to Calgary for Jokinen and Prust.

Sutter is going out in a final blaze of incompetence.

cain69

Prospect
Prospect

It is still a nice looking 2nd line on papper lol

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Too bad games are played on ice, not paper...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps there's a market for declining players with 3 million dollar contracts... Thinking

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 51 270956 Sutter obviously values character over talent...

asq2 wrote:Sens can't make a play for Kotalik because he's just been dealt with Higgins to Calgary for Jokinen and Prust.

Sutter is going out in a final blaze of incompetence.

Go big or go home!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:THe East is pretty pathetic really. MTL somehow, is still 8th, after BOston, NYI and Rangers all lost.
ATL and MTL both lost also, but still in a playoff spot.
Something tells me a 0.500 Sens team from now on would still make the playoffs.

Almost assuredly so. We've got 66 points with 26 games remaining, so 26 points would give us 92.

Ideally, though, we'll get more than that. I'd prefer not to have a first-round match-up with Washington.

I don't think the 7th and 8th teams will get over 90 points.
RIght now, and it's been like this for over a month now, 6th, 7th, and 8th have been 1 or 2 points above 0.500. I think it will be around 85 for the last place team, unless 2 of those teams have a Sens-like winning streak.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just heard Nick Boynton has been waived by the Ducks. He's PERFECT to shore up our D.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TSNBobMcKenzie Anaheim puts Nick Boynton on waivers. NYI put Trevor Gillies on waivers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perfect as a depth guy for the Sens I say!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Perfect as a depth guy for the Sens I say!

So would Lee Versage.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Something to debate:

Pittsburgh could use, dare I say NEED a wing or two... they obviously have a few assets that could land them a big time winger.

For example, Malkin to Atlanta for Kovalchuk (+) gives both teams what they need. Pittsburgh is paying both Crosby and Malkin $8.7M, and they also have Jordan Staal making $4M. That is $21.4 for 3 centres.

Let's just look at Malkin for Kovalchuk. Atlanta gets a locked-up, young centre who is marketable as a franchise player. Pittsburgh gets a winger who has consistently scored 40+ goals. They would be best to be able to sign him to an equal (8.7M) or less deal.

They could offer Staal, but then they would still be paying 8.7M for 2 centres + another $8M+ for Kovalchuk - too much.

Now, maybe Staal could be sent to Carolina for Whitney and/or Cole. Carolina gets another Staal, and Pittsburgh gets two wingers. Cole is not the player he used to be, and Whitney is not young, so Carolina might have to offer up more, but with their 1st round pick looking like a lottery pick, it is unlikely they trade it away.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Something to debate:

Pittsburgh could use, dare I say NEED a wing or two... they obviously have a few assets that could land them a big time winger.

For example, Malkin to Atlanta for Kovalchuk (+) gives both teams what they need. Pittsburgh is paying both Crosby and Malkin $8.7M, and they also have Jordan Staal making $4M. That is $21.4 for 3 centres.

Let's just look at Malkin for Kovalchuk. Atlanta gets a locked-up, young centre who is marketable as a franchise player. Pittsburgh gets a winger who has consistently scored 40+ goals. They would be best to be able to sign him to an equal (8.7M) or less deal.

They could offer Staal, but then they would still be paying 8.7M for 2 centres + another $8M+ for Kovalchuk - too much.

Now, maybe Staal could be sent to Carolina for Whitney and/or Cole. Carolina gets another Staal, and Pittsburgh gets two wingers. Cole is not the player he used to be, and Whitney is not young, so Carolina might have to offer up more, but with their 1st round pick looking like a lottery pick, it is unlikely they trade it away.

Malkin makes 8.7M.
If they are ready to give that, why didn't they give it to Kovalchuk?
On the other hand, If Kovalchuk wants way more than that, why would Pittsburg give it to him insted of keeping Malkin for cheaper?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum