GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+25
Sens4thecup
Hockeyhero22000
cain69
rooneypoo
pgood
beerandsens
Urkie
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Hayden
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
Sens19
asq2
TheAvatar
Riprock
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
PKC wrote:I've never seen a media outlet report on a potential trade like this before: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308448

I wonder what's happening.

I hear it is Kessel to Boston for two 1sts and a 2nd.... Sarcasm

I hear a press conference is scheduled for 1 or 2 pm EST. Do you think the firesale in Toronto is finally going to begin in earnest? Rather than just telling everyone that you're going to change the team but then not do much about it, is Burke really going to get it done this time?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

He has to do something - too bad it started with the Kessel trade. Sure he is good, but he could have gotten him for much less if he wasn't so arrogant. Horrible time to rebuild though when you have no picks. If they get another one or two 1st round picks and some nice prospects it is going to suck when they don't have their own top 1/2 pick.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

- Philly has signed free agent defenceman Lukas Krajicec. Apparently he became a FA when Tampa waived him, assigned him to the minors, then released him from his contract?

- Canes beat the Hawks last night

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:He has to do something - too bad it started with the Kessel trade. Sure he is good, but he could have gotten him for much less if he wasn't so arrogant. Horrible time to rebuild though when you have no picks. If they get another one or two 1st round picks and some nice prospects it is going to suck when they don't have their own top 1/2 pick.

How could he have gotten him for much less? What qualifies as much less?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Based on Boston's cap situation, an offer sheet for just enough so they cannot match would likely have yielded a much less return, draft pick wise.

I'd rather have Hall/Seguin/Fowler and another top 5 guy next year then Kessel in a rebuilding model. Just my thought.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Where's the news of a press conference? I am not seeing anything.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Where's the news of a press conference? I am not seeing anything.

It's been moved up to 11.30 am EST at the ACC. Word is Giguere is going to be a Leaf.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

where can I catch it?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:where can I catch it?

I'd probably check TSN, they might have it covered. I'm also hearing that there are several trades coming from the Leafs end, a few might happen today.

Darren Dreger is saying the deal involved multiple players, multiple deals and is going to change the Maple Leafs considerably.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Good, I hope they shake things up. Too little too late though.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Good, I hope they shake things up. Too little too late though.

Multiple deals are going to be announced at the presser apparently. Hearing that the Ducks, Stars and Oilers are all involved in different deals.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bad break for the Coyotes. Upshall has torn ACL, will require surgery:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4875217&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just reviewed the Cammalleri injury. He's going for an MRI Monday, but if he gets out of it with nothing more than a sprain he's very lucky. I think he may have injured both his ankle and his knee.

Kotalik sent home by the Rangers to await possible trade:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308527

Benched in 8 of the last 9. Quite a fall from grace for a guy who signed a pretty hefty UFA deal this past summer.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Kotalik sent home by the Rangers to await possible trade:

Benched in 8 of the last 9. Quite a fall from grace for a guy who signed a pretty hefty UFA deal this past summer.

I think if you look back in the threads, you'll find just about everyone saying "too much," and "why do this after you just got rid of that other problem, Zherdev."

How does Sather STILL have a job? Seriously?

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:Kotalik sent home by the Rangers to await possible trade:

I think if you look back in the threads, you'll find just about everyone saying "too much," and "why do this after you just got rid of that other problem, Zherdev."

How does Sather STILL have a job? Seriously?

Who knows. The answer must be looked up with the Cadbury secret. The worst part is he doesn't learn from his mistakes. He somehow manage to get out of a contract (Gomez) then turn around and sign another bad one.

Hahaha, I lvoe NYR.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Jokinen for Kotalik and Higgins or Gilroy per Dregers twitter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum