GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+25
Sens4thecup
Hockeyhero22000
cain69
rooneypoo
pgood
beerandsens
Urkie
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Hayden
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
Sens19
asq2
TheAvatar
Riprock
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hayden wrote:Scheinder waived

What the diddle!!?!!?!?!

Dammit...nothing we can do until they put him on re-entry, but if I was Columbus, I would claim him RIGHT AWAY.

Diddle, we could so use him...damn. Dammit!

EDIT: This should definitely get its own thread.

We could use traffic in front of our opponents net more than we can use Schneider. I guess Chris Neil is the only man for that job?

Michalek was doing a nice job there for a while. I guess, since he wasn't getting points for it, he decided he didn't want to do it anymore?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

What the diddle!!?!!?!?!

Dammit...nothing we can do until they put him on re-entry, but if I was Columbus, I would claim him RIGHT AWAY.

We could use traffic in front of our opponents net more than we can use Schneider. I guess Chris Neil is the only man for that job?

Michalek was doing a nice job there for a while. I guess, since he wasn't getting points for it, he decided he didn't want to do it anymore?

That was more driving to the net with the puck. Rare is the Ottawa Senator who will stand in there and battle.

Wait a minute... WTF does this have to do with Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league? General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 235689 General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 805406

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

What the diddle!!?!!?!?!

That was more driving to the net with the puck. Rare is the Ottawa Senator who will stand in there and battle.

Wait a minute... WTF does this have to do with Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league? General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 235689 General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 805406

No. Michalek was actually standing in front of the goalie without the puck. I believe it was mostly on the PP but he was doing it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

What the diddle!!?!!?!?!

No. Michalek was actually standing in front of the goalie without the puck. I believe it was mostly on the PP but he was doing it.

I think he did it for a game or two. That was a looooong time ago.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Would Murray waive Kuba, or would that be admitting that he made a mistake not trading him at the deadline and instead re-signed him...?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Would Murray waive Kuba, or would that be admitting that he made a mistake not trading him at the deadline and instead re-signed him...?

You mean waive him to send him down or waive him to buy him out? I don't think the Sens can afford the former, and Melnyk is not going to pony up for the latter. We are still paying Emery, Hartsburg and Paddock.

As much as I'm not impressed with Kuba's play, lately (see my comments in yesterday's GDT) we are pretty much stuck with him until he turns it around. Maybe we can claim his injury is still bothering him and send him down for a conditioning stint. Is Lee fit to play yet? He could probably sub in at this point and we really wouldn't notice much of a difference.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It was more rhetorical than anything. I think we might all be wishing he had been traded, cause it seemed like a first round pick and a prospect would have been the return. It's pretty obvious we would be in the same position without Kuba. Now we have another $3M dollar pylon essentially lol.

I'm pretty tired of overpaid average players.

Ottawa could waive him for the purpose of seeing if anyone would (which I am confident nobody would) take him. Same with Cheechoo if you must. I like Cheechoo as a person, and he seems to work hard, but he is not being used as a $3M player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cheechoo was the price of getting Michalek. By the way, he was skating pretty fast last night.

Or maybe I was watching slow.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No, I know he plays well, he just has no scoring touch it seems.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Varlamov was sent down to the AHL for a conditioning stint. He was 12-1 before he got injured. Wow, are the Caps going to get even better?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So Rooney read it was a prelude to retirement.

If not, does any team take him? I'll say Columbus.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:So Rooney read it was a prelude to retirement.

Schneider is well past his time now...if he was still that effective, Montreal would have kept him since they weren't exactly teeming with above average defenders.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

Schneider is well past his time now...if he was still that effective, Montreal would have kept him since they weren't exactly teeming with above average defenders.

I'm not sure why they didn't to be honest. They had to go out and sign Bergeron mid-season, Schneider was excellent for them. He sparked their PP last year and had 17 points in 25 games. It was one of those weird things to me when he didn't get resigned.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

I'm not sure why they didn't to be honest. They had to go out and sign Bergeron mid-season, Schneider was excellent for them. He sparked their PP last year and had 17 points in 25 games. It was one of those weird things to me when he didn't get resigned.

He's so old it's silly. Forty year olds, even ones in good shape, can't keep up with the speed and strength of these kids coming through the ranks these days.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did anyone notice that Bieksa got cut on the leg just hours after Schneider was waived? He was cut near the ankle (last year it was his calf) and will be out for a while.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Did anyone notice that Bieksa got cut on the leg just hours after Schneider was waived? He was cut near the ankle (last year it was his calf) and will be out for a while.

That sucks...that leaves Vancouver with, what, 136 more defensemen to suit up?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bieksa's got some seriously bad luck with skate blade incidents. Where's Cut Shield when you need him?!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm sick of Sweet Caroline General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 555492

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum