GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+25
Sens4thecup
Hockeyhero22000
cain69
rooneypoo
pgood
beerandsens
Urkie
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Hayden
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
Sens19
asq2
TheAvatar
Riprock
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

If the islanders can get one point from new jersey or montreal wins tonight boston with drop to ninth (if both happen boston drops to tenth)

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Gohan wrote:Pens have 4 games in hand.

Pittsburgh has played 52; the Sens have played 53. It's Jersey and Buffalo who have 4 games in hand.

And, by the way, while those games in hand most likely mean we're not going to catch those teams, in this compressed schedule year, an extra few games down the stretch could be huge. Players get injured, tired for the playoffs.

I agree and that's an extremely valid point. I hadn't thought of it like that, but you're quite right.

As for the games played mistake, I was thinking about Buffalo and winning the division General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 42 754246 see I can be optimistic too General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 42 Icon_razz
You're right, though, that small margin is encouraging. 4th may be the highest we can get to, but being firmly within the playoff picture would be a nice way to spend the next 3+ ( General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 42 422187 ) months

The most important thing is being hot when the playoffs begin. Would be nice to win the division, but I'd sacrifice that if we are in a hot streak just at the end of the season. Ya know, 06-07 style.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:If the islanders can get one point from new jersey or montreal wins tonight boston with drop to ninth (if both happen boston drops to tenth)

Habs are up 1-0.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isles hanging in, 0-1.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Horton out 4-6 weeks with a broken tibia.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=307326

The East has just gotten ... Eastier.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whoa! 4-0 Habs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And the Isles tied it up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isles up 2-1. Boston may be in 10th after tonight.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Whoa! 4-0 Habs.

Habs are mopping up the floor with the Rangers tonight. Wonder what Torts will have to say tonight.

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:Whoa! 4-0 Habs.

Habs are mopping up the floor with the Rangers tonight. Wonder what Torts will have to say tonight.

I think I speak for all hockey fans when I say: Please god let Larry Brooks be at the post game interviews! General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 42 270956

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Is that who that guy was? I gotta find the "funny" article about Redden

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Lundqvist got pulled -- who the heck is M. Zaba?

Devils came back from 0-2 and won; Bruins only got as far as 9th, but tied in points with the Isles.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Another amazign press ocnference by TOrts. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 42 270956

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Chicago/Vancouver on now, for those who want to watch amazing hockey.

marakh wrote:Chicago/Vancouver on now, for those who want to watch amazing hockey.

Vancouver is really sticking it to the Hawks from small portion I heard. 3-0 Canucks.

TheAvatar wrote:Is that who that guy was? I gotta find the "funny" article about Redden

Yeah, Larry Brooks is the nemesis of Tortorella. There's a classic youtube clip of a post game scrum when Torts was coaching Tampa. They've clashed before...

[

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Wow, Lundqvist got pulled -- who the heck is M. Zaba?

Zaba-daba-doo! Ahhhhh!

wprager wrote:Wow, Lundqvist got pulled -- who the heck is M. Zaba?

Devils came back from 0-2 and won; Bruins only got as far as 9th, but tied in points with the Isles.

Lou's backup flavour of the year apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum