GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Ducks - 8:00pm ET - Sun. Dec. 6th, 2009

+17
M_Christopher
PKC
Urkie
dennycrane
caissie_1
Hobiesens
garblar
asq2
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Sens19
beerandsens
PTFlea
Flo The Action
SensHulk
wprager
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

Sens just announced there would be no change in lineup and Elliot gets the start

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't blame Elliott really, but I would say that he hasn't been stellar - and that's gonna cost him when Leclaire comes back.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like Spezza will play with Kovalev/Foligno. Fisher will centre unit with Michalek/Alfredsson.

Hopefully this gets something going...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston pre-game presser (MP3):

http://bit.ly/7oylql

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... we're expecting to see this?

Forwards:
Michalek - Fisher - Alfredsson
Foligno - Spezza - Kovalev
Ruutu - Kelly - Cheechoo
Regin - Winchester - Shannon

Defencemen:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Goaltenders:
Elliott
Brodeur

I put Spezza's line 2nd intentionally. My own way of "demoting" him. Wink Heh heh.

shabbs wrote:So... we're expecting to see this?

Forwards:
Michalek - Fisher - Alfredsson
Foligno - Spezza - Kovalev
Ruutu - Kelly - Cheechoo
Regin - Winchester - Shannon

Defencemen:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Goaltenders:
Elliott
Brodeur

I put Spezza's line 2nd intentionally. My own way of "demoting" him. Wink Heh heh.

I love the top two lines, but I'd rather play Shannon on the 3rd line as he's shown glimpses of breaking out recently. Ruutu and Shannon should switch lines imo.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Here's hoping you're wrong buddy (I know; it hardly ever happens) Smile

N4L wrote:6-2 Ducks.

I'm not too optimistic, particularly if Brodeur plays. God only knows what kind of a game he'll have.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

According to the ESPN Insider, the Ducks are interested in Kovalev.

The Anaheim Ducks might be eying Ottawa Senators winger Alexei Kovalev, and the package they're putting together to acquire the 36-year-old does not include Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry or Bobby Ryan.

This is according to the Hockey Insider. The source is hit or miss, but if this is true, the package the Ducks are creating may include several players young players to match Kovalev's $5 million cap hit.

Definitely one of the more bizarre rumours I've heard.

Hypothetically, since it would never happen, would you trade Kovalev for Niedermayer straight up? I know many feel Kovalev is at least partially responsible for Fisher's offensive emergence, if not exactly overwhelming himself. It also may reflect poorly on the team if they deal a player they signed less than three months into his contract. Nieds is also an upcoming UFA and more expensive.

On the other hand, having Niedermayer mentor Karlsson would be pretty awesome. The issue would be how to fit both into the line-up, though.

take out Campoli. Issue solved GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Ducks - 8:00pm ET - Sun. Dec. 6th, 2009 - Page 3 Icon_wink

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

When everyone's healthy, though, one of Picard or Carkner would have to leave the line-up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:According to the ESPN Insider, the Ducks are interested in Kovalev.

The Anaheim Ducks might be eying Ottawa Senators winger Alexei Kovalev, and the package they're putting together to acquire the 36-year-old does not include Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry or Bobby Ryan.

This is according to the Hockey Insider. The source is hit or miss, but if this is true, the package the Ducks are creating may include several players young players to match Kovalev's $5 million cap hit.

Hypothetically, since it would never happen, would you trade Kovalev for Niedermayer straight up? I know many feel Kovalev is at least partially responsible for Fisher's offensive emergence, if not exactly overwhelming himself. It also may reflect poorly on the team if they deal a player they signed less than three months into his contract. Nieds is also an upcoming UFA and more expensive.

On the other hand, having Niedermayer mentor Karlsson would be pretty awesome. The issue would be how to fit both into the line-up, though.

i find that rumour hard to believe. anaheim is a team in somewhat of a small rebuild. they have some great pieces of the puzzle but in no way are they close to contending. espesially if there's been talk of trading neider. kovalev is more of a quick fix at the moment for a team either desperately trying to make the playoffs to show to their fans that they are better then what's on paper or a team that actually has a shot. anaheim doesn't fit any of these senario.

if i actually thought that columbus might actually take a chance on kovy i'd say start looking there for a deal but hitchcock would hate kovy. still would be nice.

as for fisher , yes kovy can set them up and yes his production will go down if kovy leaves. one of the reason fisher has been so good is that he's been set up so well for some of these goals. the set-up man getting set-up... unless we get someone extremely good back i think it will hurt his production. but it won't be the end of him, he's playing with more confidence.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:According to the ESPN Insider, the Ducks are interested in Kovalev.

I wouldn't demand anything back personally. I just want to clear that cap hit this year and especially next. Neidermayer would be the dream to end all dreams - especially considering we could wait and re-trade him at the deadline. Even if he played out the year and retired, we'd still clear salary.

Only in dream land would this ever happen. I'll take mid-round pick and Todd Marchant.

asq2 wrote:When everyone's healthy, though, one of Picard or Carkner would have to leave the line-up.

...for Niedermayer GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Ducks - 8:00pm ET - Sun. Dec. 6th, 2009 - Page 3 54934

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

according to sens chirp elliott is back in net? so when is brodeur in there?
man i miss leclaire...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:

I'm not too optimistic, particularly if Brodeur plays. God only knows what kind of a game he'll have.
Elliott starts.

To be honest, I think we'll take this one.

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Elliott starts.

To be honest, I think we'll take this one.

I said this before they even hit the road, this is the most unwinnable game of the entire trip... since they havnt won one yet and the game hasnt been played, it's the most winnable... see, there's some optimisim!

Sens are gonna get murdered.

As for the Kovalev rumours, if The Ducks are indeed interested it's because they are looking to make a run for the playoffs and the fact they have an extra 2 1st rounders in 2010 and 2011... def would be asking for one of those for Kovalev.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum