GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Anaheim Ducks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Oct. 24th, 2008

+8
PTFlea
bluewhiteandgolf
smash88
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
mattshock
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Ducks roll into town in a re-match of teams from the 2006/2007 Stanley Cup Finals... although the Sens look like a very different team now. Sens are coming off two embarrassing home losses to Boston and Florida. The Ducks have gotten off to a very poor start as well losing 5 of their first 7 games.

Auld gets the start in net today and word from Hartsburg is that if he impresses and is a "stud" he could get the start in net on Saturday as well when the Sens visit Toronto. Let the goalie controversy begin!

Injury report:

• Ducks: C Ryan Getzlaf (mouth), probable. LW Brad Larsen (abdominal), out until mid-November.
  • Senators: None.
Not sure if Harstburg will keep the same lines...

After the two brutal showings, the Sens need to show us they have some life. We'll see how they play in front of Auld.

GO SENS GO!!!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I hate the Ducks. Hopefully we get a chance to see our new "hard-to-play-against" team tonight. See if they can compare with the team who wrote the book on that style.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I will again renew my point about watching ever-so-closely to see if the boys play harder and more confidently in front of Auld.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Also to note... we are last in our Division and 4th last in the Conference.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sorry shabbs but it's not much of a note considering we are only 6 games into the season. Look at where the team was in the 07 season and despite losing there top 3 Centres to injury they still turned it around. There I've said my positive spin on the situation for today :D

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Tanking for Tavares?

Heading for Hedman?

I think we could pull it off if we stick with Gerber and give Pickard a few more minutes.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Sorry shabbs but it's not much of a note considering we are only 6 games into the season. Look at where the team was in the 07 season and despite losing there top 3 Centres to injury they still turned it around. There I've said my positive spin on the situation for today :D

Razz

We'll have to look back over the years to see how we ended up after our various starts. We blew the doors off the league last year in the beginning and then faded and withered... perhaps we're set for a slow start this season but will finish strong.

I think we were all expecting a slow start this year no matter what.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know I am. I haven't hit the panic button. I expected the Sens to be around 500 by the end of October and they are looking like they will be just about there as I expected.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Definitely. Although most probably thought after that disgraceful exit in round #1 the Sens would have hit the ice running and with a fury; I however figured with a few new faces and a new coach and system, there might be a bit of learning curve, to say the least and that they wouldn't tank or anything, but I didn't expect them to come flying out of the gate either.

I think Clutch is pretty much dead-on. They should be around 500 by mid-november early December. If not, THEN we will see the blame-game go into overdrive and Murray and Hartsburg beginning to sweat a little.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Definitely. Although most probably thought after that disgraceful exit in round #1 the Sens would have hit the ice running and with a fury; I however figured with a few new faces and a new coach and system, there might be a bit of learning curve, to say the least and that they wouldn't tank or anything, but I didn't expect them to come flying out of the gate either.

I think Clutch is pretty much dead-on. They should be around 500 by mid-november early December. If not, THEN we will see the blame-game go into overdrive and Murray and Hartsburg beginning to sweat a little.

It's going to be an interesting year either way.

Is it sad that we're hoping for .500 hockey?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The Leafs will make us their Biatch tomorrow. If we only win one more game this month, that's the one we NEED to win...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattbond wrote:Tanking for Tavares?

Heading for Hedman?

I think we could pull it off if we stick with Gerber and give Pickard a few more minutes.

If we want in on the Tavares sweeps then I say we get rid of Auld and sign Cloutier. Then give Picard and Richardson 25 minutes a night each. Then top it off with Spezza as our top PK man and we should be just about set. Oh and maybe bench Volchie and call up Carkner LOL.

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I think you're onto something Cap'n.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anyone know the expected lines today? TSN does not have their Ice Chips up yet...

My only pissy thing is that I expected this team to be a little less flashy BUT very difficult and annoying to play against. To be honest I haven't seen that yet and if they aren't doing that, WTF are they doing?

More effort les boys....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum