GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Ducks - 8:00pm ET - Sun. Dec. 6th, 2009

+17
M_Christopher
PKC
Urkie
dennycrane
caissie_1
Hobiesens
garblar
asq2
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Sens19
beerandsens
PTFlea
Flo The Action
SensHulk
wprager
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game Notes for tonight:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/Game%20notes%20Dec%206.pdf

I'll summarize in two words: MUST WIN.

Ive never seen 20 men get raped at the same time before, but tonight I think it might happen.

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Ive never seen 20 men get raped at the same time before, but tonight I think it might happen.

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Ducks - 8:00pm ET - Sun. Dec. 6th, 2009 - Page 2 270956
the sadest part about it is that as funny as it is, it's sooo true GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Ducks - 8:00pm ET - Sun. Dec. 6th, 2009 - Page 2 504703

And where's the Spezza depreciation thread??

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Who gives a damn, I didnt renew my season tickets because I refuse to pay that much towards his salary and I wont even go to a game again (that I pay for) if he is in Ottawa after this season.

People question why the fans are not showing up, it's because of heartless, gutless, and lack luster play from players on the team over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Im a die hard fan but I pay for an effort and entertainment. There is nothing entertaining about a Spezza lead team or desirable.

I dont care anymore honestly, because Im just so sick of the same crap from the same players. Wont see a cent from me.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I'll still support the team nonetheless, just because one player is Diddling up doesnt mean the whole team sucks collectively nor do I directly equate the price of my ticket to his salary either. If we don't back our team up when we're down, we're not really true fans. And really I don't mind paying the money because other than Spezza, Kovalev and to a certain extent Elliot, this team is working their buts off and are showing the effort to deserve us to still cheer them on.

That's all well and good, but I refuse for one cent of my money to go towards Spezza's insane contract that he basically hasnt earned a cent of. Ill watch the game and cheer the team all the same, but no shot I pay for something I want no part of.

not sure it's fair to say Elliott hasn't put in the effort...it's not easy to play behind a team like this.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Gohan wrote:not sure it's fair to say Elliott hasn't put in the effort...it's not easy to play behind a team like this.

Elliot has not been as impressive as he should be yet he's still showing up every night which is why I said to a certain extent only and I didnt want to put him in the same group as Spezza cause he's been just plain awful/painful/frustrating/raging/disappointing to watch

he was bad on SJ's first two goals...thats about it.

Elliott hasnt lost any games for The Sens and given them a chance in every single one except the SJ one, even then that's debatable.

Elliott and Leclaire have bailed thier team out on probably close to a dozen nights this year, I cant remember one game in the last 2 or 3 years, doesnt matter who the goaltender is/was, that The Sens overcame a bad goal or bailed their goaltender out.

If Auld was playing unreal hockey, they dont win, if Gerber let in a bad goal, the game was over, if Emery didnt make a big save, they packed it in, if Elliott let in a goal early, the game was over, if Leclaire slips up, they pack it in.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not blaming Elliot for any of the losses, ya he let in the bad goals against SJ but the Sens had tons of time to come back but he wasnt our best player on the ice at any point in this trip (maybe in Boston) and that's all I was saying. I would much rather give credit to the likes of Michalek, Fish and Cheechoo that's all

N4L wrote:Elliott hasnt lost any games for The Sens and given them a chance in every single one except the SJ one, even then that's debatable.

Elliott and Leclaire have bailed thier team out on probably close to a dozen nights this year, I cant remember one game in the last 2 or 3 years, doesnt matter who the goaltender is/was, that The Sens overcame a bad goal or bailed their goaltender out.

If Auld was playing unreal hockey, they dont win, if Gerber let in a goal early, the game was over, if Emery didnt make a big save, they packed it in, if Elliott let in a bad goal, the game was over, if Leclaire slips up, they pack it in.

fixed.

Point is the gutless Sens fan (liek Gord Wilson) points to the goaltender like it's his fault that they have lost 7 games in a row on the road. "They needed a save" BS... pretty sure they have needed a goal more times this year then they actually needed a save.

How many times in a game has Elliott bailed his team out then you hear "well they needed a save there". If The Sens ever scored first then maybe they wouldnt need a save at every point in the game.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yup. Goaltending is not the issue right now. The Sens need to find a way to consistently score some goals and draw some penalties. Diddle I love Michalek. Just had to throw that out there.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:
Gohan wrote:not sure it's fair to say Elliott hasn't put in the effort...it's not easy to play behind a team like this.

Elliot has not been as impressive as he should be yet he's still showing up every night which is why I said to a certain extent only and I didnt want to put him in the same group as Spezza cause he's been just plain awful/painful/frustrating/raging/disappointing to watch

May be that's the problem. I don't expect our back up to be impressive. Just good, and he has been.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Sens just announced there would be no change in lineup and Elliot gets the start

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't blame Elliott really, but I would say that he hasn't been stellar - and that's gonna cost him when Leclaire comes back.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like Spezza will play with Kovalev/Foligno. Fisher will centre unit with Michalek/Alfredsson.

Hopefully this gets something going...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum