GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Injuries - a list

+5
Cronie
PKC
shabbs
wprager
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:Torn ACL and MCL, holy Dung.

I hadn't realized this was the golf-cart incident, wasn't it? At the time didn't they say something like 2 weeks and he wouldn't miss the regular season start?

17Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:56 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would like to think that STL would exhaust ALL avenues before they are to go crawling to Burke for help (i.e. Schneider).

18Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:I would like to think that STL would exhaust ALL avenues before they are to go crawling to Burke for help (i.e. Schneider).

I dunno... it looks like Schneider can be had not just for a song, but for a really awful Celine Dion song.

If Burke will sweeten the pot by adding a draft pick or by taking a small, unwanted contract off STL's hands, I can't imagine why they wouldn't do it. Losing EJ like this really devastates their blueline.

Big opportunity for Alex Pietrangelo, tho'.

19Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:07 pm

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:Torn ACL and MCL, holy Dung.

I hadn't realized this was the golf-cart incident, wasn't it? At the time didn't they say something like 2 weeks and he wouldn't miss the regular season start?

That what EJ said, but I think everyone knew it was bad when it was too swollen for 3 days to even get it looked at. It's too bad, that kid is a stud and there's NOBODY else on St. Louis to run that PP. I think we'll see the trade with anehiem now, it just makes sense

20Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CooCooKaChoo wrote:

That what EJ said, but I think everyone knew it was bad when it was too swollen for 3 days to even get it looked at. It's too bad, that kid is a stud and there's NOBODY else on St. Louis to run that PP. I think we'll see the trade with anehiem now, it just makes sense

I agree. Schneider to St.Louis sounds about right.

21Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It sounds right, but I was and still am hoping Burke can't move him and he gets screwed! LOL

However, STL could certainly use the help... That's a HUGE blow, no doubt about it.

22Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:It sounds right, but I was and still am hoping Burke can't move him and he gets screwed! LOL

However, STL could certainly use the help... That's a HUGE blow, no doubt about it.

Do they want to do well this year, or bomb one more year?

23Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:05 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:Erik Johnson - 6 to 9 months!!!

Holy crap, that is such a massive blow.

Burke must be sitting there rubbing his hands in delight.

Imagine... Playing golf too! that really sucks for the Blues, can't see them doing too much this year after these injuries...

24Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Imagine... Playing golf too! that really sucks for the Blues, can't see them doing too much this year after these injuries...

What really sucks is that they can replace EJ's offense easily with Schneider, but his development goes back one year. Boo.

25Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:
wprager wrote:

What really sucks is that they can replace EJ's offense easily with Schneider, but his development goes back one year. Boo.

Well, there goes that angle. I'm actually wondering why Burke couldn't get a better deal, given how many teams were suddenly in need. I keep forgetting that he's great at bullying, Dung at being a GMing.

26Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Red Wings' Chris Chelios out at least 6 weeks with a bone fracture in his leg.

Toronto's Jeff Finger may miss the first week of the regular season with a foot injury.

And, as we all are probably well aware, Mike Fisher may miss the Senators' season opener against the Penguins with an aggravated groin.

All per TSN.

27Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:51 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Red Wings' Chris Chelios out at least 6 weeks with a bone fracture in his leg.

Toronto's Jeff Finger may miss the first week of the regular season with a foot injury.

And, as we all are probably well aware, Mike Fisher may miss the Senators' season opener against the Penguins with an aggravated groin.

All per TSN.

I wonder if Chelios is even going to comeback?

28Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:06 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Per Sportsnet, Holmstrom missed Friday's exhibition game vs.the Leafs with a sore knee, and may miss another game.

Injury is probably the only thing that can stop the Wings at this point. 'Course, a lot of us said that about the Ducks last season.

29Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:16 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Red Wings' Chris Chelios out at least 6 weeks with a bone fracture in his leg.

All per TSN.

Total speculation on my part but... I'm guessing the Finger injury is actually a stubborn case of "we don't want to introduce this guy on opening night at home and have him booed"-itus on the part of management.

Call me crazy, but Leafs management have taken so much heat over this signing over the last 3 months that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they wanted to cut down on the possibility of any incidents. Look for Finger to start the season on the road, away from the the home spotlight shinning down on him and the home announcer calling out his name.

But, then again, maybe I'm just a cynic.

30Injuries - a list - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries - a list Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:26 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

All per TSN.

Total speculation on my part but... I'm guessing the Finger injury is actually a stubborn case of "we don't want to introduce this guy on opening night at home and have him booed"-itus on the part of management.

Call me crazy, but Leafs management have taken so much heat over this signing over the last 3 months that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they wanted to cut down on the possibility of any incidents. Look for Finger to start the season on the road, away from the the home spotlight shinning down on him and the home announcer calling out his name.

But, then again, maybe I'm just a cynic.

Or a realist?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum