GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo

+25
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
dennycrane
Flo The Action
Sens19
PKC
Phoenix30
wprager
strachattack
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
KidKarlsson
M_Christopher
ddt
PTFlea
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
Vandelay
Devo
Riprock
BigRig
shabbs
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 29]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Hard to shop a guy that is in the minors.... not impossible, but just not the best way to show a team what he has at the NHL level.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Hard to shop a guy that is in the minors.... not impossible, but just not the best way to show a team what he has at the NHL level.

Your probably right. I guess this is just waiting for approval from the league office then. Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo - Page 2 235689 Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo - Page 2 805406

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

The Sun story, with quotes from Clouston:

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/11/27/11953541.html

Seems Volchenkov is not a sure thing for Saturday, which would mean that (gulp) Karlsson is going to be paired with Campoli.

Still, this is way weird. You don't burn off a year of a guy's ELC on a whim. Calling up Karlsson now means we're pretty much committing to him for the year.

There's something behind this, for sure.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sportsnet is soooo f'ed up.

Their header for the story is "Volchenkov ready to go," with a picture of Volchenkov. Then you get to the article, and it's about Karlsson's call up, and how Volchenkov will probably not be ready to go for Saturday. Pay attention meat heads!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Sportsnet is soooo f'ed up.

Their header for the story is "Volchenkov ready to go," with a picture of Volchenkov. Then you get to the article, and it's about Karlsson's call up, and how Volchenkov will probably not be ready to go for Saturday. Pay attention meat heads!

So he hides meat in that extra piece of skull! Mystery solved.

Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo - Page 2 Jason_10

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Just throwing this out there...but Lee is an RFA next year right...

What if Bryan has a trade arranged with a team, but it's waiting on someone being signed, or another trade happening first. Yet they don't want to have Lee playing and getting hurt.

So Bryan sends Lee down and brings Karlsson up so he can make the trip with the team in case one of the D get hurt. They don't use up his year of entry unless he plays, so if he's with the team in case then unless he plays he's still fine. Volchenkov comes back and Campoli and Picard area playing while Karlsson is insurance....

This is the only way I can reason it makes sense...otherwise I send Campoli down and not Lee.

Wow, didnt think he would be back up, guess they really dont care about the year of his ECL... awesome to see and he showed a lot of character as well.

Guess they dont think much of Lee at all.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:Hard to shop a guy that is in the minors.... not impossible, but just not the best way to show a team what he has at the NHL level.
No, I was suggesting maybe they are done shopping him...

I dont know if there is anything more to this then Campoli being a guy that could get dealt or just sat out, or them believing they are a playoff team and Karlsson is going to make them a better team then Lee would...

I liked Lee up here this time as opposed to hate (like usual) but I think this really signals the end for Lee in Ottawa as much as I think he could be an asset down the line. Dont really care though, rather see Karlsson develope.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Intriguing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Intriguing.
Swirlings.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Wow, didnt think he would be back up, guess they really dont care about the year of his ECL... awesome to see and he showed a lot of character as well.

r

Somebody mentioned this a while back and I thought it made a lot of sense:

With Cowen likely ready to go next year, it makes sense to not be real concerned about burning a year on his ELC. This way the contracts are staggered instead of having two franchise defensemen up for renewal at the same time.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

@Shabbs - Oh my bad, you might be right, that would make sense. I don't know what's going on, but it's mind boggling to say the least.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Clouston might be peeved at Picard missing that open net and wants Karlsson in there Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo - Page 2 270956

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Meh... no one here knows what's going on... hopefully Karlsson can bring a much improved game and continue to develop. We could use him on the PP...

Vandelay wrote:
N4L wrote:Wow, didnt think he would be back up, guess they really dont care about the year of his ECL... awesome to see and he showed a lot of character as well.

r

Somebody mentioned this a while back and I thought it made a lot of sense:

With Cowen likely ready to go next year, it makes sense to not be real concerned about burning a year on his ELC. This way the contracts are staggered instead of having two franchise defensemen up for renewal at the same time.

I agree with that, really curious to see how he looks with Kuba now though, excitted too! This also put Kuba back on the left side where is a lot more comfortable and more effective. This also signals the end of Campoli as well as Lee IMO.

I dont see Lee being part of this team going forward especially if A Train is resgined. I mean, I can def see him being an NHL player but not in Ottawa, at least not now. This is a pretty clear signal. They organization does not see him being a top 6 Dman in Ottawa.

shabbs wrote:Meh... no one here knows what's going on... hopefully Karlsson can bring a much improved game and continue to develop. We could use him on the PP...

On ice I think people see what's going on. Campoli and Lee out, Karlsson in.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Volchie is not in on Saturday... and they want to pari up Kuba and Karlsson... we could be looking at:

Phillips - Campoli
Kuba - Karlsson
Picard - Carkner

Hmmmm... should have kept Lee up until Volchie was 100% ready...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum