GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo

+25
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
dennycrane
Flo The Action
Sens19
PKC
Phoenix30
wprager
strachattack
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
KidKarlsson
M_Christopher
ddt
PTFlea
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
Vandelay
Devo
Riprock
BigRig
shabbs
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 29]

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I just didn't think Lee played poorly enough to burn a year of EK's ELC. I also didn't think EK played well enough to make that happen either. That's just me though.

I would have personally preferred to lose Campoli than Lee but Campoli is on a one-way, cheap but one-way.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I just didn't think Lee played poorly enough to burn a year of EK's ELC. I also didn't think EK played well enough to make that happen either. That's just me though.

Me also, I said as much when it happened. Karlsson didn't look any better than Lee in his first game back either quite frankly.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:

I would have personally preferred to lose Campoli than Lee but Campoli is on a one-way, cheap but one-way.

Still. Why not hang onto Lee for one more game, get A-Train back, send Lee back down and keep that year of ELC on EK. Seriously, most on here felt he wasn't playing poorly just not really standing out. Seems like a stupid move regardless of how the Org. feels about Lee.

They very well might be scratching Campoli after A Train is back. I cant see them brining Karlsson up and making him sit.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Only an imminent deal would make sense in this strange turn of events.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
I don't think there's any funny stuff, he's just not meeting their expectations. Although Karlsson seems to getting more of a chance to shine, although he is the kind of D-man we need (assuming he plays according to potential). He hasn't been very impressive so far.

I don't think there's too much funny stuff either, but I do think that Clouston just simple doesn't like Lee as a player or a person much. It happens from time to time, but it just appears as if he doesn't really care for him. I don't know why I get that impression, but I do for sure.

Yeah Clouston doesn't seem too fond of Lee, he doesn't seem impressed by his game at all. I don't think it's a that he's a Muckler pick, I think CC went to the GM and said this guy isn't doing it for us, whereas Clouston seemed impressed by EK's play in bingo. The Sens obviously are interested in seeing how EK plays in the NHL, hopefully with Kuba once A-train comes back.

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-Karlsson
Picard-Carkner

Seems OK to me. Next year it's Cowen coming in ( I hope).

SeawaySensFan wrote:Only an imminent deal would make sense in this strange turn of events.

Not a good way to showcase Lee if he's on the chopping block by sending him down. They're not going to trade Karlsson after trading up for him in the draft.

Maybe it's Picard.

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
I don't think there's any funny stuff, he's just not meeting their expectations. Although Karlsson seems to getting more of a chance to shine, although he is the kind of D-man we need (assuming he plays according to potential). He hasn't been very impressive so far.

I don't think there's too much funny stuff either, but I do think that Clouston just simple doesn't like Lee as a player or a person much. It happens from time to time, but it just appears as if he doesn't really care for him. I don't know why I get that impression, but I do for sure.

Yeah Clouston doesn't seem too fond of Lee, he doesn't seem impressed by his game at all. I don't think it's a that he's a Muckler pick, I think CC went to the GM and said this guy isn't doing it for us, whereas Clouston seemed impressed by EK's play in bingo. The Sens obviously are interested in seeing how EK plays in the NHL, hopefully with Kuba once A-train comes back.

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-Karlsson
Picard-Carkner

Seems OK to me. Next year it's Cowen coming in ( I hope).

SeawaySensFan wrote:Only an imminent deal would make sense in this strange turn of events.

Not a good way to showcase Lee if he's on the chopping block by sending him down. They're not going to trade Karlsson after trading up for him in the draft.

Maybe it's Picard.

I think it's be a 2-for-2 deal. Campoli and Picard for Barker and offensive prospect. Ottawa has few offensive prospects, Chicago needs defencemen (if Barker goes) and our depth at forward took a huge hit with Donovan going down so it won't be a roster forward either. Chicago needs to off-load salary and replace whatever roster player they get rid of.

Picard and Campoli together could replace Barker and solidify Chi-town's defence easily for the rest of the year for cheap. One if not both can be re-signed next year depending on who Chicago has in their system. Chicago dumps salary so they can keep their core in tact (Kane, Toews, Keith, Hossa, Seabrooke) and Ottawa needs another top-four.

I'm assuming something along these lines will happen when Volch is back which could very easily be why Karlsson was called up when he was (they thought Volch would be back earlier). Having Barker also lessens the burden if Ottawa decides not to re-sign Volch this off-season.

Phillips-Volch
Kuba-Barker
Karlsson-Carkner
Lee

This also gives Cowen a year in the minors to develop.
Pretty solid pairings if you ask me...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The wildcard in all this is Preissing, who has been waived.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:The wildcard in all this is Preissing, who has been waived.

Thank you. I've been racking my brain trying to remember that guy's name. Totally unrelated to this topic but thanks for bringing him up.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Or they need 7 bodies to go to California and they prefer Karlsson to go over LEe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Organizationally, Lee is Muckler's pick and those guys are as wanted by the new regime as an STD...

Yeah, I actually 100% believe that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Organizationally, Lee is Muckler's pick and those guys are as wanted by the new regime as an STD...

Yeah, I actually 100% believe that.

Also, Lee was picked because he would be the "next Redden" and we know how BM felt about the last Redden he had to deal with.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Still. Why not hang onto Lee for one more game, get A-Train back, send Lee back down and keep that year of ELC on EK. Seriously, most on here felt he wasn't playing poorly just not really standing out. Seems like a stupid move regardless of how the Org. feels about Lee.

The timing was all wrong for sure. I guess they thought they'd have A-Train back for sure, but even then, why not just wait it out? Send Lee to Bingo when A-Train comes back, keep Karlsson in Bingo and wait to see what shakes out. I don't understand a lot of this, especially the timing. Then I thought a small deal was coming, but no one's really doing too much in terms of trade.

Very bizarre the whole Karlsson call-up, Lee demotion thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Also, Lee was picked because he would be the "next Redden" and we know how BM felt about the last Redden he had to deal with.

Yeah, and also, he couldn't be farther from a 'good' younger version of Redden. He's okay, but nothing like that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

The timing was all wrong for sure. I guess they thought they'd have A-Train back for sure, but even then, why not just wait it out? Send Lee to Bingo when A-Train comes back, keep Karlsson in Bingo and wait to see what shakes out. I don't understand a lot of this, especially the timing. Then I thought a small deal was coming, but no one's really doing too much in terms of trade.

Very bizarre the whole Karlsson call-up, Lee demotion thing.

That's what I figured from the get-go.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
That's what I figured from the get-go.

I guess they figure that Karlsson's no better or worse than Lee right now and he adds the element of offence? That's all I can figure out.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Lee's defence in the NHL is, at this moment, better than Karlsson's.

EK is going to have to produce.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I still think forcing a Campoli - Karlsson is maybe the worst coaching move Clouston's made in his tenure here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum