GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo

+25
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
dennycrane
Flo The Action
Sens19
PKC
Phoenix30
wprager
strachattack
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
KidKarlsson
M_Christopher
ddt
PTFlea
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
Vandelay
Devo
Riprock
BigRig
shabbs
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 29]

Vandelay wrote:
N4L wrote:Wow, didnt think he would be back up, guess they really dont care about the year of his ECL... awesome to see and he showed a lot of character as well.

Guess they dont think much of Lee at all.
r

Somebody mentioned this a while back and I thought it made a lot of sense:

With Cowen likely ready to go next year, it makes sense to not be real concerned about burning a year on his ELC. This way the contracts are staggered instead of having two franchise defensemen up for renewal at the same time.

I agree with that, really curious to see how he looks with Kuba now though, excitted too! This also put Kuba back on the left side where is a lot more comfortable and more effective. This also signals the end of Campoli as well as Lee IMO.

I dont see Lee being part of this team going forward especially if A Train is resgined. I mean, I can def see him being an NHL player but not in Ottawa, at least not now. This is a pretty clear signal. They organization does not see him being a top 6 Dman in Ottawa.

shabbs wrote:Meh... no one here knows what's going on... hopefully Karlsson can bring a much improved game and continue to develop. We could use him on the PP...

On ice I think people see what's going on. Campoli and Lee out, Karlsson in.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Volchie is not in on Saturday... and they want to pari up Kuba and Karlsson... we could be looking at:

Phillips - Campoli
Kuba - Karlsson
Picard - Carkner

Hmmmm... should have kept Lee up until Volchie was 100% ready...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:Meh... no one here knows what's going on... hopefully Karlsson can bring a much improved game and continue to develop. We could use him on the PP...

I meant what's going on in BM's head as to where this is all going... and the future plans...

But, with Volchie not ready, Campoli is still in...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It could also be that Karlsson played his way back to the NHL? I don't know but it could be that.

- Unknown Author

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:

I meant what's going on in BM's head as to where this is all going... and the future plans...

But, with Volchie not ready, Campoli is still in...

Well, I defently think that Lee is no longer in The Sens plans. They might very well find a home for him somewhere else.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Listening to Clouston interview today, the Sens seem impressed by Karlsson's play down in Bingo and aren't impressed by Lee's play here (stating he's indecisive).

Sounds like it's not much more than that, although when A-train comes back it'll be interesting to see what happens.

They've wanted Karlsson in the line up and BM doesn't care about burning off a year off his ELC, stating he'll get more than 9 games to prove himself.

Having Karlsson and Cowen start their ELC at the same time next year would be a bad idea as well.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It could also be that Karlsson played his way back to the NHL? I don't know but it could be that.

Could be but how badly do your other D have to be playing for that to happen?

Maybe there is something to the Sharp for Campoli and something else rumour. Lee and Campoli for Sharp and Skille? Who knows, Im just shooting the S*** right now.

I cant see Lee being resigned by Ottawa to a one way deal though, no shot, not now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It could also be that Karlsson played his way back to the NHL? I don't know but it could be that.

Definitely not. He was a minus player and had a lot of PIMs (undisciplined) AND Lee wasn't bad. This is a little odd, IMO.

Hoags wrote:Listening to Clouston interview today, the Sens seem impressed by Karlsson's play down in Bingo and aren't impressed by Lee's play here (stating he's indecisive).

Sounds like it's not much more than that, although when A-train comes back it'll be interesting to see what happens.

They've wanted Karlsson in the line up and BM doesn't care about burning off a year off his ELC, stating he'll get more than 9 games to prove himself.

Having Karlsson and Cowen start their ELC at the same time next year would be a bad idea as well.

Ya, I agree. With Karlsson up in Ottawa and Campoli being scratched when A Tain is back, that will give Ottawa 3 D men on the right side and 3 D men on the left, all playing their natural positions (A Train where he feels most comfortable).

Also, I think has in large part to do with Kuba getting back into game shape and being able to carry a rookie D man in Karlsson.

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Definitely not. He was a minus player and had a lot of PIMs (undisciplined) AND Lee wasn't bad. This is a little odd, IMO.

By all accounts Lee was running the show in The AHL so I def think he worked his way back up here. +/- is not a stat that is indecitive to someone's play, neither are PIM's.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Hoags wrote:Listening to Clouston interview today, the Sens seem impressed by Karlsson's play down in Bingo and aren't impressed by Lee's play here (stating he's indecisive).

Ya, I agree. With Karlsson up in Ottawa and Campoli being scratched when A Tain is back, that will give Ottawa 3 D men on the right side and 3 D men on the left, all playing their natural positions (A Train where he feels most comfortable).

Also, I think has in large part to do with Kuba getting back into game shape and being able to carry a rookie D man in Karlsson.

Good point. They could have just been waiting for Kuba to get back to his usual self and at this point I'd say he's better than usual so hopefully he stays hot for a while.

- Unknown Author

Also, if things keep going the way they are with Picard, I dont think it's a given Cowen will be in Ottawa next year. He might get a year down in The AHL just like Lehner will and probably Wiercoich. That's not a bad situation really.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Also, if things keep going the way they are with Picard, I dont think it's a given Cowen will be in Ottawa next year. He might get a year down in The AHL just like Lehner will and probably Wiercoich. That's not a bad situation really.

Kinda makes you wonder what kind of trade is in the works. Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo - Page 3 235689 Erik Karlsson called up Brian Lee sent back down to Bingo - Page 3 805406

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

That's bizarre. I'd have thought D. Smith would get a chance first.

I guess EK's near PPG in Bingo is suggesting he's adapted to the NA ice surface. I've been happy with Lee though.

The question is, is there now any reason whatsoever to keep Campoli?

asq2 wrote:That's bizarre. I'd have thought D. Smith would get a chance first.

I guess EK's near PPG in Bingo is suggesting he's adapted to the NA ice surface. I've been happy with Lee though.

The question is, is there now any reason whatsoever to keep Campoli?

None, so dont think about it.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

By all accounts Lee was running the show in The AHL so I def think he worked his way back up here. +/- is not a stat that is indecitive to someone's play, neither are PIM's.

I watched most of the AHL games and offensively Karlsson was more than ready for the NHL..breaking out of his zone and even once in the offensive zone NHL teams should worry.

But Defensively, he needs some work...I'm not sure I would have brought him up because I'm not sure he'll get the work he needs at the NHL level...15 mins a night (likely 2 or 3 mins of that PP time) versus 20-25 mins at the AHL..

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What in the heck is going on!!?

The only thing I can think of is the information available to GMs is: the new CBA won't make it ridiculous money-wise to keep your young players. We WILL fix it in the new CBA, or the cap will go up enough to make it less difficult.

Still very, very peculiar move. He was doing okay in the AHL, I know his point totals are excellent, but his D coverage was apparently a work in progress.

I guess they now see the light with Campoli - he's not gonna make it here. Diddling crazy move, I'm really surprised - and not at all unhappy.

In fact, I'm pretty excited to have Karlsson here for the rest of the year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum