GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Thu. Nov. 26th, 2009

+23
rooneypoo
asq2
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
Flo The Action
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
garblar
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
Sens19
SensGirl11
Bramlet07
PTFlea
SensHulk
Riprock
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 21]

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:Yaaaaaaa, you dont watch The Ducks do you? They are capable of beating any team in the league, Getzlaf also missed pretty much all of camp and took a while to get going.

I suggest not looking at the standing to determine how good or how poor your opponite is. Anahiem is a better team than Pheonix for sure.

We shall see. I would take a little longer than a hand full of games to say anyone is getting going though wouldn't you?

He had somethng like a 10 game point streak. The Ducks are playing decent hockey right now and will move up the standings a bit for sure. They are not an easy team to play against or beat.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Yaaaaaaa, you dont watch The Ducks do you? They are capable of beating any team in the league, Getzlaf also missed pretty much all of camp and took a while to get going.

I suggest not looking at the standing to determine how good or how poor your opponite is. Anahiem is a better team than Pheonix for sure.

You can say that about any team in the league. Sorry not buyin' it. They're in the bottom of the league for a reason.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

We shall see. I would take a little longer than a hand full of games to say anyone is getting going though wouldn't you?

He had somethng like a 10 game point streak. The Ducks are playing decent hockey right now and will move up the standings a bit for sure. They are not an easy team to play against or beat.

Do you think we can beat them if say, we injure some of their players and we get 4 power-plays and they get none? GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Thu. Nov. 26th, 2009 - Page 3 484884

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

You said the same stuff about the Leafs and they still suck.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

You can say that about any team in the league. Sorry not buyin' it. They're in the bottom of the league for a reason.

Ya, well they were last year too and took Detroit to game 7 in the 2nd round. Nothing to buy, they are a good team just like I dont think The Sens are as good as their record is.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

You said the same stuff about the Leafs and they still suck.

Leafs are still getting points and ust came off a win. They are playing decent hockey.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Do you think we can beat them if say, we injure some of their players and we get 4 power-plays and they get none? GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Thu. Nov. 26th, 2009 - Page 3 484884

Sens can probably beat anyone on any given night, but on the road they might not be able to.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't watch the game last night (thank god) but heard it on the radio. We all know about the missed calls, but it sounded like Spezza had a very tough game. Even Dean brown and gord wilson remarked about "uncharacteristic careless plays by spezza". Kinda disappointed me yesterday, it was his opportunity to show he's capable of handling this team with Fisher out...hopefully its an injury. If not...(gulp)

What's this about alfie being pissed at spezza?

Spezza quit on a play basically, right at the end with an empty net. Did the same thing on an icing last year against NYI. The guy quits.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Maybe that's what Alfie was pissed about... Spezza giving up on it.

Actually, that might be. And frustration at the entire game. I said to Mel that I thought if Alfie was close enough to whatever nerd Devil that was, he'd be suspended right now because I think he would have two-handed him.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Spezza quit on a play basically, right at the end with an empty net. Did the same thing on an icing last year against NYI. The guy quits.

Did alfie say something about that??

Nope, but he tossed his stick at the puck in total frustration. Surprised he didnt launch it at Spezza.

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Maybe that's what Alfie was pissed about... Spezza giving up on it.

Actually, that might be. And frustration at the entire game. I said to Mel that I thought if Alfie was close enough to whatever nerd Devil that was, he'd be suspended right now because I think he would have two-handed him.
Alfie should apologize, a little more class out of our captain would be nice.

Oh meh, w/e, rather see that then what Spezza did.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Nope, but he tossed his stick at the puck in total frustration. Surprised he didnt launch it at Spezza.

daaaaaaaaaamn! Kinda glad to see that fire from Alfie (except when its in practice that results in shattered glass). Let's hope he sets spezza straight.

But really, how the hell did we not get a 4 min PP? GARBAGE OFFICIATING GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Thu. Nov. 26th, 2009 - Page 3 555492

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm telling you, Alfie needs to be taken away from Spezza right now, you need two fast, preferably young wingers with Spezza, both of whom love to crash the net. Kelly, Neil, Winchester, Z.Smith, Ruutu (perfect!).

Two dudes on his wings who will crash and bang and make him shake it off a little.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Alfie should apologize, a little more class out of our captain would be nice.

Apologize? For what, throwing his stick? After that piece of Dung game where the Sens deserved a 4 minute PP on the Ruutu play (blatant) as well as at LEAST 2 more PPs throughout the game and yet got jack Dung? No way I would apologize unless it was a segue way into how crappy the refs have gotten this year. No PPs at all for Ottawa? So....all that clutching and grabbing that that boring little team does is all legal?

Honestly, I wouldn't apologize for that in a million years.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I too was a little surprised at Alfie's stick toss. It was a dumb move and very amateurish. I respect him, but this was silly. He does some questionable things for sure (shooting Neidermayer, the Sundin' mockery) and while some of them are in jest, others just call for a "what were you thinking?". He may have had good reason for it, but from a fans persepctive, it is just a head scratcher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum