GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen?

+17
Sens4thecup
KidKarlsson
Devo
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
davetherave
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
Hoags
Sens19
LeCaptain
Hayden
rooneypoo
shabbs
dennycrane
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I didn't say all three, I was talking about one of those guys. Barker is a top pick, why on Earth would he be traded for little to nothing? Why would the Hawks give him away? It's ridiculous to think that. We Sens fans seem to think our players are overrated while other players are not. You probably think you could get Boyle for Picard + Campoli + 2nd?

These are two guys most Sens fans are running out of town and according to them aren't capable of holding down a 5/6 spot, yet they are worth a guy who is likely a top 4, or even top 2 d-man at some point? And if you think Picard, a guy who is on his 3rd or 4th NHL team is going to be a top 2 d-man, that's insane.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:I don't know that I'd call Tallon's new position a promotion.

A forced promotion with less pay is what I'd call it.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I didn't say all three, I was talking about one of those guys. Barker is a top pick, why on Earth would he be traded for little to nothing? Why would the Hawks give him away? It's ridiculous to think that. We Sens fans seem to think our players are overrated while other players are not. You probably think you could get Boyle for Picard + Campoli + 2nd?

These are two guys most Sens fans are running out of town and according to them aren't capable of holding down a 5/6 spot, yet they are worth a guy who is likely a top 4, or even top 2 d-man at some point? And if you think Picard, a guy who is on his 3rd or 4th NHL team is going to be a top 2 d-man, that's insane.

Crying The Boyle who could have been had for Meszaros and a 2nd rounder. Diddle...that makes me so sad I wish we could turn back time and re-do that - even though I like Kuba a lot.

Chicago has Duncan Keith (future Norris candidate), Brent Seabrook (another strong, young D-man), Hjalmarsson who's really, really good as well and of course Brian Campbell - who's over paid but can pot up to 70 points in any given year. That leaves Barker and his 'lacking' D as the 5th guy. You cannot pay a 6th guy 3.1 million - especially when you have cap issues to begin with. Sopel makes 2.3 or whatever it is, so that's more than 5 million for your bottom pairing D-men.

Barker was taken 3rd overall and he's good, don't get me wrong, but not that much better than Picard. Great offensively, not great defensively, not elite, not poor, right in the middle. They're giving him and Sopel away (I assume) at some point to make room for other contracts that mean more to them.

It'll happen, and when it does, I guess the thought process is that Murray wants to take advantage of it. Even though I personally don't think Barker is much of an upgrade over Picard - and he costs 3 times more X 2 years.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Anyway, gang, BM has other things on his mind now than Cam Barker.

Meanwhile, The Burke has offered to take Pat Sharp and Barker in exchange for anybody Stan Bowman wants, and Burkie throws in a lifetime supply of Beau's.

Can't beat that.

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 Icon_wink

PS Darren Dreger has been re-assigned to covering the Men's Luge team in training as they prepare for the Vancouver Olympics.

Word is that ShabbsConnected will taking Dreger's chair at TSN. About time, is all I can say.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Anyway, gang, BM has other things on his mind now than Cam Barker.

Meanwhile, The Burke has offered to take Pat Sharp and Barker in exchange for anybody Stan Bowman wants, and Burkie throws in a lifetime supply of Beau's.

Can't beat that.

PS Darren Dreger has been re-assigned to covering the Men's Luge team in training as they prepare for the Vancouver Olympics.

Word is that ShabbsConnected will taking Dreger's chair at TSN. About time, is all I can say.

Yeah but will shabbs have to change his name to shabbsCenter since Connected is a Sportsnet thing?

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ShabbsCenter... ha ha.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:Anyway, gang, BM has other things on his mind now than Cam Barker.

Can't beat that.

Yeah but will shabbs have to change his name to shabbsCenter since Connected is a Sportsnet thing?

@Clutchie> the lawyers from TSN and Rogers are battling it out to see who gets The Shabbinator.

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 555703
Look for Bob McKenzie's Tweet on this situation as it is updated.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bob's latest tweet is that the Leafs have put Rosehill on waivers.

Burke is sending a CLEAR MESSAGE now.

Laughing3

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I didn't say all three, I was talking about one of those guys. Barker is a top pick, why on Earth would he be traded for little to nothing? Why would the Hawks give him away? It's ridiculous to think that. We Sens fans seem to think our players are overrated while other players are not. You probably think you could get Boyle for Picard + Campoli + 2nd?

First of all, I don't think that would get Boyle.

Second, Boyle =/= Barker

Third, Sharks cap situation =/= 'Hawks cap situation

Also, I said he gained value because of where he was picked, but draft placement means almost nothing in the "real" NHL. Look at Lauri Tukonen, who was considered by many a steal at the 11th over-all selection, was supposed to contend with Ovechkin and Malkin for best player in the draft, and is now somewhere in Finland.

Why would he be traded for little to nothing? Because nobody's going to do the 'Hawks any favours, and even if he might be good some day, he's not that much better than Picard right now. Ehrhoff is a better (albeit older) defenceman and he got absolutely squat for the Sharks. And Barker's earning some pretty substantial coin. If the 'Hawks want to re-sign Keith, Kane and Toews, they're going to have to lose some talent somewhere.

Alex Picard is a serviceable 5-6 guy (which position Barker is in right now), he's providing the same amount of offence as Barker, he's the same age and about the same size, and he's considerably cheaper. Ryan Shannon is a decent player too, and he's a free agent and means almost nothing against the cap. Throw in a second round pick, take everything else into consideration and I hardly think it's an absurd suggestion to say the 'Hawks would consider it.

So, trading a Karlsson or Cowen "plus much more" for the guy would be, to put it mildly, overkill.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@ASQ> you're absolutely correct.

Barker for Picard/Shannon/pick is a reasonable and credible deal, with win-win for both sides.

Will it happen?

Shabbs is on the case.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Bob's latest tweet is that the Leafs have put Rosehill on waivers.

Laughing3

@Shabbs> any truth to the rumour that Pamela Anderson is due to replace McKenzie?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:@ASQ> you're absolutely correct.

Barker for Picard/Shannon/pick is a reasonable and credible deal, with win-win for both sides.

Will it happen?

Shabbs is on the case.

If the 'Hawks can find reasonable deals involving a guy like Sopel, they'd probably be better off making that move.

But I don't think they're going to get substantially better offers than this one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:

Laughing3

@Shabbs> any truth to the rumour that Pamela Anderson is due to replace McKenzie?
No truth to that... but apparently you recently downloaded the 10,000,000,000th nude pic of her! Congrats! For your dedication to her physique, she's sending you a calendar.

Good job!

MJ

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

No truth to that... but apparently you recently downloaded the 10,000,000,000th nude pic of her! Congrats! For your dedication to her physique, she's sending you a calendar.

Good job!

Wow...it's so great to be rewarded.

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 62136 Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 62136 Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 62136 Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 62136 Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 62136

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 62136

Good job!

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 5725

I hope it's a calendar circa the 90's as opposed to the 2009 skeezed-out, PETA loving, freakazoid version of Pammie. Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 489887

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Good job!

I just noticed this smiley. Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 5725

This is by far the greatest smiley ever, in smiley history. I think I may have to adopt it for each of my posts. Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 5725

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Good job!

I just noticed this smiley. Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 5725

This is by far the greatest smiley ever, in smiley history. I think I may have to adopt it for each of my posts. Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 5725

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

omg that smiley is so full of win Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 10 270956

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum