GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen?

+17
Sens4thecup
KidKarlsson
Devo
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
davetherave
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
Hoags
Sens19
LeCaptain
Hayden
rooneypoo
shabbs
dennycrane
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

His puck-movement was very good. He was also almost at a PPG, but he could have 17-18 points if the forwards were capable of finishing his plays in the earlier games. He'll have to make adjustments to the NHL level of speed, though.

The bigger problem is that his defence is still adventurous. If Clouston pairs him up with Campoli again, that duo is going to have problems.

Phillips seems to me the type that could give Campoli a chance to prosper. Although the Phillips-Kuba duo has been nice in the past two games, it hasn't been good enough Imo to justify pairing Campoli and Karlsson

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I never did understand why Clouston would do that. Putting him in with Phillips, Kuba or Carkner would make more sense to me but hey; i'm sitting in my basement watching the games and not standing behind the player's bench ...

I think it has a lot to do with growing the player. Each one has major defensive shortcomings and forcing them to fend for themselves, so to speak, only serves to toughen them up. I don't disagree with the long-term outlook (assuming that's what it is) but I can't accept it at a time like this, least of all in a game against a major division rival. There are times when the present can take a back-seat to the future, but this doesn't seem like one of them.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Kuba and PHilips are our best shutdown players at the moment. If you want to shut down the other team's top line, you put your best players out there. IMO as simple as that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if this Hawks/Sens deal gets settled today?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I wonder if this Hawks/Sens deal gets settled today?

By settled I hope you mean Campoli for a 4th rounder Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? - Page 17 159628

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum