GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 29]

16Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:17 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I suppose Cheechoo would have to be one of the names mentioned because of his pricetag and adding someone of value also usually carries a hefty tag, but I still like Cheechoo and he consistently works hard despite not showing up on the scoresheet. I think he needs to be with Spezza and Michalek.

17Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

If Winchester is a scratch, shouldn't we be concerned he is going to be moved?

18Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:If Winchester is a scratch, shouldn't we be concerned he is going to be moved?
How do you shop a scratched player? I don't think you can read into that much.

19Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:If Winchester is a scratch, shouldn't we be concerned he is going to be moved?

Nah, Murray found this kid, he won't trade him. What he'll do is trade some of the other players to make room for him though.

20Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:42 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's tough though cause Winchester deserves to play and so does Shannon, IMO. Shannon has been getting better and better these past few games, I can't believe he still has 0 points though. That's going to have to change, tonight.

21Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that Cheechoo should have his arse stapled to the press box and Shannon should play in his favour.

Goodness, at least Shannon can skate. And yes, I like what Cheechoo brings in work ethic, but the dude can't skate anymore. It's shocking. I'm shocked. Scared

22Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:50 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that Cheechoo should have his arse stapled to the press box and Shannon should play in his favour.

Goodness, at least Shannon can skate. And yes, I like what Cheechoo brings in work ethic, but the dude can't skate anymore. It's shocking. I'm shocked. Scared

@Spez-D> do you think the Sens will look at Satan?

23Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

I have a feeling, yeah. Do you?

24Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that Cheechoo should have his arse stapled to the press box and Shannon should play in his favour.

3 million bucks. That'll keep him in the lineup. Even if he scores 56 in his own net this year.

25Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:00 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

3 million bucks. That'll keep him in the lineup. Even if he scores 56 in his own net this year.

@SSF> do you think there is a chance BM will put Cheechoo on waivers if he doesn't start producing soon?

26Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:02 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

I have a feeling, yeah. Do you?

@Spez>NHLNumbers says the Sens have 1.3MM in cap space. If Satan is ready to sign for around a mil, that might be an option.

27Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

@SSF> do you think there is a chance BM will put Cheechoo on waivers if he doesn't start producing soon?

It's kind of tough to waive a guy like that. It's painfully obvious that he's playing his arse off but nothing is working so far. And, you can almost bet that no one will take him.

28Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
@Spez>NHLNumbers says the Sens have 1.3MM in cap space. If Satan is ready to sign for around a mil, that might be an option.

Yeah, but you can look at that as as much as 4 million in cap space. There's no way we can afford to keep a 3 million dollar 'scorer' in the lineup when he can't score. And boy, am I ever rooting for him to score, I know his time is short, he knows it, everyone knows it - and I feel badly.

I wouldn't offer Satan more than 800K to play in the NHL this year, but he might laugh at that, who knows?

29Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:09 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Eek, I wouldn't touch Satan with an eight foot pole. The guy is done. I think it's more likely Murray sits still for a littlw while longer to get a better idea of where exactly this team sits. It's been a weird schedule to date, and we haven't got the chance to play alot of games and get into a rythm. Until this happens, I think we remain status quo.

30Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Yeah, but you can look at that as as much as 4 million in cap space. There's no way we can afford to keep a 3 million dollar 'scorer' in the lineup when he can't score. And boy, am I ever rooting for him to score, I know his time is short, he knows it, everyone knows it - and I feel badly.

I wouldn't offer Satan more than 800K to play in the NHL this year, but he might laugh at that, who knows?

@SpezD>Tanguay got 2,5 to play in TB, so expect Satan to want at least 1,5-2MM. Otherwise he can play in KHL for that amount tax-free.

31Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:Eek, I wouldn't touch Satan with an eight foot pole. The guy is done. I think it's more likely Murray sits still for a littlw while longer to get a better idea of where exactly this team sits. It's been a weird schedule to date, and we haven't got the chance to play alot of games and get into a rythm. Until this happens, I think we remain status quo.

Satan had 17 goals in 65 games with the Pens last year, 78 goals in three seasons with a very mediocre Islanders team.

Still a talented scorer.

32Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:@Spez-D> do you think the Sens will look at Satan?

I wonder...

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Church10

33Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Didn't realize he had that many, thanks Dave. Was his demotion a cap thing, or was it his play?

Isn't Satan considered to be a streaky player? If that's the case, I think that's something that needs to be avoided as we seem to have too many guys who go cold for games at a time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum