GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

The Senators expect to have to wait until at least the end of the week before Jason Spezza will be ready to return to the lineup.
The Ottawa centre wasn't on the ice today and the team does not expect him to play Thursday against the Tampa Bay Lightning at Scotiabank Place.
It will be the third straight game Spezza has missed with what's believed to be a back/groin injury which has hampered him since the start of training camp.
"He's doubtful for Thursday," said coach Cory Clouston as the team returned to the ice today.
There was some good news on the injury front. Defenceman Anton Volchenkov is only going to be out 10 days to two weeks with an elbow injury he suffered last Wednesday against the Florida Panthers.
"The MRI was positive, there's just some damage to some ligaments," said Clouston. "It was actually very positive, so we're hoping 10 days."
However, the prospect of losing both Volchenkov and Spezza for Thursday's game leaves a couple of very large holes in the lineup as the team tries to end a mini-slump. The Senators have dropped their last two games to see their record fall to 6-4-1-1 on the season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back or groin? Yikes.

At least there's good news with Volchie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Back or groin? Yikes.

The back of the groin, or the groin of the back.

I'm sorry, no matter how hard I try, I can't connect those two together as being a single injury. Unless he was doing some weird-Donkey stuff on his honeymoon. Maybe the "Mexican Halloween"?

wprager wrote:

I'm sorry, no matter how hard I try, I can't connect those two together as being a single injury. Unless he was doing some weird-Donkey stuff on his honeymoon. Maybe the "Mexican Halloween"?

Mexican Halloween? Why is Dirty Sanchez the first thing that comes to mind. Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!! 489887 Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!! 805406 Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!! 177374

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

are you trying to say spezza participated in a tijuhana donkey show? cuz that would be a mix of back and groin injury. damn you tequila!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, no. The "Mexican Halloween" is a (possibly fictitious) position introduced on last week's "Community" (NBC). Google it.

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:

Mexican Halloween? Why is Dirty Sanchez the first thing that comes to mind. Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!! 489887 Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!! 805406 Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!! 177374

This emoticon definitely needs a mustache.... Spezza to miss another week....ARGHHH!!!! 593227

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum