GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza could miss Tuesday's game plus Donovan news

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza left practice early and might miss Tuesday's game. Donovan will miss Tuesday's game due to his collision with the boards after slipping during the Fastest Skater competition in the Sens Skills on Sunday.

Also, Elliot to start for the 5th straight game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/19/senators_injuries/

- Unknown Author

What's even worse is that Smith is (apparently) likely to miss the game too and Volchenkov is unlikely to return.
No Smith + no Volchie + no Spazz + playing the Caps = trades'a'comin.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't start to worry just yet. If we hear of a couple of callups then I would start to get concerned. It sounds like Spezza's issue isn't all that serious but who knows with backs, we've been playing without Volchie for a while now but coupled with no Smith it could bet ugly I agree. We managed to hang tight with the Habs so I do have a sliver more hope than I did earlier.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On another note, the Caps play this afternoon so maybe we can catch them a little flat footed? One can dream right?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn, I don't want to face a talented team like the Caps without our best player. Actually, arguably our best forward and our best D-man.

Rest Spezza! Rest!

Double damn, Theodore is playing this afternoon, so we likely won't be facing him (I still think he sucks very, very badly).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Damn, I don't want to face a talented team like the Caps without our best player. Actually, arguably our best forward and our best D-man.

Rest Spezza! Rest!

Double damn, Theodore is playing this afternoon, so we likely won't be facing him (I still think he sucks very, very badly).

No big surprise. Johnson turns into freakin' Brodeur whenever he faces us.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Conflicting report out of the Ottawa Sun in the Here and there section at the end of the article.

"Hartsburg said there's a chance D Anton Volchenkov could play tomorrow night."

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/19/8067331-sun.html

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It's high time the Sens collectively gave him a curbing.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Conflicting report out of the Ottawa Sun in the Here and there section at the end of the article.

"Hartsburg said there's a chance D Anton Volchenkov could play tomorrow night."

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/19/8067331-sun.html

I would prefer Volchenkov in and Smith out. We are too big and slow with all 4 of Phillips, Volchie, Smith and Kuba, in the lineup at the same time. Imo our best lineup is with Volchie in, Smith out.
As long as Spezza's playing and Schubert is on D, I think thats the best possible lineup configuration we could have to play the caps.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It's high time the Sens collectively gave him a curbing.

Hopefully the 12 goals in 3 games carries over into the game against the Caps. Hey, and maybe Elliott can end AO's good times with the Sens?

- Unknown Author

Has Spezza ever gone through a season without being injured?

Neely4Life wrote:Has Spezza ever gone through a season without being injured?

what percentage of players have?

Gone 1 season? A lot!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Gone 1 season? A lot!

Granted he may not have gone a season with out some type of injury but he still has a solid average number of games played per season. If you exlude this season since it's barely past the halfway mark and include his lockout season in Bingo he averages almost 74 games per season since playing a full season in the NHL.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Gone 1 season? A lot!

Granted he may not have gone a season with out some type of injury but he still has a solid average number of games played per season. If you exlude this season since it's barely past the halfway mark and include his lockout season in Bingo he averages almost 74 games per season since playing a full season in the NHL.

I remember when he was having back issues a while back. I think he had off-season surgery (always a scary word when you're talking about a 20-year-old's back) and then hurt it getting out of the car or some-such. It was disconcerting then, and it doesn't give me the warm-and-fuzzies now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum