GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eric Staal Injured

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eric Staal Injured Empty Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the 'Canes.

NHL.com wrote:According to a report in the Raleigh News and Observer, Carolina Hurricanes center Eric Staal will miss some games because of an upper-body injury suffered Sunday against the San Jose Sharks.

Staal left after the second period of the 5-1 loss to San Jose as the Canes dropped their ninth-straight game to fall to 2-8-3.

"When things go wrong, they go wrong," Rutherford said. "All teams have to deal with injuries. We have enough players to step up but we'll have to do it with confidence at an all-time low."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=504483

It mentions that Staal had previously played 349 consecutive regular season games.

2Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, that does it IMO. We were discussing who the first team to make a big trade would be - it's definitely the Canes now.

Corvo for a forward? Pitkanen for a forward? Both for a forward (Dumont) and a D-man (Hamhuis)?

It won't be long IMHO before there's a trade made.

3Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

2 possible outcomes = THey will lose the next 10, or they will win them.

4Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At this point the Canes are just about burried already. Why waste energy and effort making a big trade that will likely not even be close to enough to get the team in the playoffs anyway?

- Unknown Author

5Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:At this point the Canes are just about burried already. Why waste energy and effort making a big trade that will likely not even be close to enough to get the team in the playoffs anyway?

With Ward in there, you just need to jumpstart the offense and you're back to winning 4 out of 5 for the next month and half - and bang, you're not only in the race, you're firmly entrenched. Now is the time to make the move and get your team moving - not in December when it really could be too late.

I'd make three or four fairly major moves if I could - and play Ward until he drops from fatigue.

6Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:03 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Staal has been brutal so far this season, maybe they'll start winning a bit with him out of the lineup. Eric Staal Injured 270956

Seriously though, I thought they were going to be kick Donkey awesome this year, what happened? Was their fantastical play in the playoffs last year a complete fluke? I don't understand.

I'd like Ruutu please!! Maybe we can get him for Cheechoo and a prospect. Lee?

7Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They're exhausted, I'm telling you ^^.

8Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:They're exhausted, I'm telling you ^^.

From what?

9Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:35 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:Staal has been brutal so far this season, maybe they'll start winning a bit with him out of the lineup. Eric Staal Injured 270956

Seriously though, I thought they were going to be kick Donkey awesome this year, what happened? Was their fantastical play in the playoffs last year a complete fluke? I don't understand.

I'd like Ruutu please!! Maybe we can get him for Cheechoo and a prospect. Lee?

Ugh. Can we hold off on the Cheechoo trade talk until at least the quarter pole please? I'm worried about the fever pitch the trade Cheechoo talk will hit if he doesn't start scoring some goals. Eric Staal Injured 235689

10Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Ugh. Can we hold off on the Cheechoo trade talk until at least the quarter pole please? I'm worried about the fever pitch the trade Cheechoo talk will hit if he doesn't start scoring some goals. Eric Staal Injured 235689

Clouston backed him up today saying that he's worked as hard as possible and done everything except find twine. He told him to keep his head up and continue to try his best and thinks that results will follow.

So that's definitely a positive. I would love him to score one to get him going though.

11Eric Staal Injured Empty Re: Eric Staal Injured Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:43 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Clouston backed him up today saying that he's worked as hard as possible and done everything except find twine. He told him to keep his head up and continue to try his best and thinks that results will follow.

So that's definitely a positive. I would love him to score one to get him going though.

I'd have to agree. For the most part I have been pleased with his effort. Surely though he won't Bill Muckalt this year will he? My bet is he will get it going and score a bunch then taper off and be a decent secondary contributor. He'll I am happy if he continues to form a strong unit with Ruutu and Donovan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum