GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

HNIC may drop Leafs nationally

+3
PTFlea
SensFan71
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whoa! Didn't see this one coming. Must have been a lot of backlash from not showing the Habs/Sens game.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2009/10/22/11486886-sun.html?cid=rsssportsslam!%20hockey

The next two weeks are
audience locks -- with the Leafs visiting Vancouver and Montreal. But
if Toronto's record still stinks after that, the CBC won't hesitate to
adjust the picture in its national distribution.

"After that, we may start to play with how much of the country
sees the Leafs or the Sens or the Habs based on team performance and
matchup," Scott Moore, the executive director of CBC Sports said
yesterday in an e-mail.

2HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am

If the Leafs win even 3 games over the next two weeks, CBC won't drop a thing. It'll be standard operating procedure...

3HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

about freaking time, even if the Leafs weren't stinking, not all people are fans of the Leafs, distribute the games evenly, it's pretty bad that a Toronto game against Florida would be played over say the Sens-Habs or Flames - Habs, you know, any match up of canadian teams. Good job on getting your heads out of your a$$es CBC.

4HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bullpoop.

5HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gohan wrote:If the Leafs win even 3 games over the next two weeks, CBC won't drop a thing. It'll be standard operating procedure...

Yeah. They're full of Dung.

It would have been a no-brainer to play the all-canadian Habs-Sens game while the Leafs were being beaten. Again.

6HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's more than just eyeballs here, though. Just because the Leafs are still drawing well (although I'd argue 1.7M is less than 0.6% of the country's population -- if the 1.7M was households, then as 2.2 per that's still only 1 in 8 households) doesn't mean a game like Habs/Sens wouldn't do just as well if not better. Plus there's the whole business of the CBC being funded by our tax dollars and having a mandate to promote Canadian heritage and all.

Leafs tickets are being sold at half face value. Leafs fans are expressing their disappointment in online forums. Waiting lists for season tickets are growing shorter. The tide of change is upon us. Rise up Leafs Nation! Join the rest of us in this outside joke called the Toronto Make Me Laughs.

7HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am

In other news I just banged Jennifer Love Hewitt.

8HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:38 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:In other news I just banged Jennifer Love Hewitt.

how was she? she is smoking hot. HNIC may drop Leafs nationally 270956

9HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TTIUWOP

*well, actually, maybe that should be TPIUWOP

10HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, at least this was a little more imaginative than "File this under I couldn't care less".

HNIC may drop Leafs nationally 62136

11HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 am

Isn't she fat now? I haven't seen her recently, but I remember there being some stir about her in a bikini. I admit, I probably don't keep up with the celebrity happenings as some others do. HNIC may drop Leafs nationally 159628

Does this mean you have a fetish for girls with B.G.D(Big Girl Disorder)? HNIC may drop Leafs nationally 62136

12HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:46 am

Oh she was great, she also brought me a beer when I was done, made me dinner, and before she left for work she told me I didnt have to get out of bed.

See guys, thats a lie, like what CBC is doing... crazy CBC.

13HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

Isn't she fat now? I haven't seen her recently, but I remember there being some stir about her in a bikini. I admit, I probably don't keep up with the celebrity happenings as some others do. HNIC may drop Leafs nationally 159628

Does this mean you have a fetish for girls with B.G.D(Big Girl Disorder)? HNIC may drop Leafs nationally 62136

She's only fat in one place ... well, two actually.

14HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:49 am

wprager wrote:It's more than just eyeballs here, though. Just because the Leafs are still drawing well (although I'd argue 1.7M is less than 0.6% of the country's population -- if the 1.7M was households, then as 2.2 per that's still only 1 in 8 households) doesn't mean a game like Habs/Sens wouldn't do just as well if not better. Plus there's the whole business of the CBC being funded by our tax dollars and having a mandate to promote Canadian heritage and all.

Leafs tickets are being sold at half face value. Leafs fans are expressing their disappointment in online forums. Waiting lists for season tickets are growing shorter. The tide of change is upon us. Rise up Leafs Nation! Join the rest of us in this outside joke called the Toronto Make Me Laughs.

How is 1.7 million people less than 0.6% percent of the population? Last time I checked there aren't 283 million people in Canada. Am I missing something here?

Last edited by hemlock on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

15HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Empty Re: HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:49 am

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

She's only fat in one place ... well, two actually.

Gotcha Wink That's a good thing. HNIC may drop Leafs nationally Icon_cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum