GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks

+4
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonchar was injured in last night's game against the Blues.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/10/21/sp-gonchar-penguins.html

No details yet, but word is circulating that he'll be out for a while.

EDIT: Expected to be out up to 6 weeks.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295584

Last edited by shabbs on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, I heard that this morning. Gonchar is starting to hit the twilight of his career I think. Injury after injury - at some point he'll be a lot less effective.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting. They struggled mightely without him last season did they not? Or was that more a product of bad coaching? I guess we'll see.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Great. I was ticked he only got me 1 point last night, but if he's out long-term I'm in trouble.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Not great for the Pens, but I think Letang can help to soften the blow.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They think it's a broken bone in his wrist. Could be out at least a month. Tests being done today.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Interesting. They struggled mightely without him last season did they not? Or was that more a product of bad coaching? I guess we'll see.

A little from both columns, but good memory. They SUCKED under Therrien.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:They think it's a broken bone in his wrist. Could be out at least a month. Tests being done today.

Oh dear... Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks 805406

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Not great for the Pens, but I think Letang can help to soften the blow.

And Goligoski (probably sp).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:They think it's a broken bone in his wrist. Could be out at least a month. Tests being done today.

The crying smiley is gone! That makes me feel really frustrated, but that one is MIA as well.

Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks 716767

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's expected to be out up to 6 weeks.

They went through this last year, only this time it's a much shorter absence. Their great start will help a lot.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

not good for the Pens, but they will survive, he is only a small weapon in a huge arsenal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

The crying smiley is gone! That makes me feel really frustrated, but that one is MIA as well.

Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks 716767

I'll do it all in the next couple of nights. Most of them are on my hard drive at home.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:He's expected to be out up to 6 weeks.

They went through this last year, only this time it's a much shorter absence. Their great start will help a lot.

Holy moly. He's an important piece for them.

PS - how do the Pens win? With Crosby and Malkin and then Kunitz, Guerin, Fedetenko? Do they get ridiculous tending from Fleury?

How do they do it? One look at their roster suggests they're 'okay', but they have an 8-1 record. Is it really the 1-2-3 punch of Staal, Malkin and Crosby? It's a spicy meatball to try to figure that one out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do we actually have a chance of sitting at the top of the Conference? Even if only for a day or two? I wonder where TSN's power rankings will have us then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum