GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks

+4
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:They think it's a broken bone in his wrist. Could be out at least a month. Tests being done today.

Oh dear... Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks - Page 2 805406

The crying smiley is gone! That makes me feel really frustrated, but that one is MIA as well.

Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks - Page 2 716767

I'll do it all in the next couple of nights. Most of them are on my hard drive at home.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:He's expected to be out up to 6 weeks.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295584

They went through this last year, only this time it's a much shorter absence. Their great start will help a lot.

Holy moly. He's an important piece for them.

PS - how do the Pens win? With Crosby and Malkin and then Kunitz, Guerin, Fedetenko? Do they get ridiculous tending from Fleury?

How do they do it? One look at their roster suggests they're 'okay', but they have an 8-1 record. Is it really the 1-2-3 punch of Staal, Malkin and Crosby? It's a spicy meatball to try to figure that one out.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Do we actually have a chance of sitting at the top of the Conference? Even if only for a day or two? I wonder where TSN's power rankings will have us then.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

They went through this last year, only this time it's a much shorter absence. Their great start will help a lot.

PS - how do the Pens win? With Crosby and Malkin and then Kunitz, Guerin, Fedetenko? Do they get ridiculous tending from Fleury?

How do they do it? One look at their roster suggests they're 'okay', but they have an 8-1 record. Is it really the 1-2-3 punch of Staal, Malkin and Crosby? It's a spicy meatball to try to figure that one out.
He was gone for nearly 60 games last season... they went on to win the Cup.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Geez, is he made of glass?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:Geez, is he made of glass?
He's 35.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I believe Gonchar was relatively healthy when he was younger, but being 35, the game is a lot harder on his body I am sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:He was gone for nearly 60 games last season... they went on to win the Cup.

Now Shabby, that wasn't my question. Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks - Page 2 805406

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Do we actually have a chance of sitting at the top of the Conference? Even if only for a day or two? I wonder where TSN's power rankings will have us then.

Around 8th.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
He's 35.

So, there are a lot of guys who are 35 playing in the league that don't get injured like he does. I didn't realize he broke his wrist though. That's one serious injury. Maybe he'll take 6 weeks for it to heal, but how much longer before his wrist is actually strong enough to play.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Do we actually have a chance of sitting at the top of the Conference? Even if only for a day or two? I wonder where TSN's power rankings will have us then.

Depends. If Kuba's still out then we might move to 9th. If Kuba's in and Buffalo and Atlanta crash then we could see us move all the way to 8th! Gonchar injured in Penguins win - out up to 6 weeks - Page 2 159628

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
He's 35.

Could he be following in the foot steps of Sergei Zubov? That would be a major blow to the Pens if he retires anytime in the next couple seasons.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

I have no freaking clue how they did it and how they continue to win like they are right now. I don't see anything special about them rather than the obvious. So they have 3 superstars and just a bunch of filler + Fleury. Who, even though he won the Cup last year, I still have a hard time taking seriously. I really believe they had luck on their side big time last year, and of course they had some awesome play by Fleury which they needed.

I don't know, they're a mystery to me.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
He's 35.

So, there are a lot of guys who are 35 playing in the league that don't get injured like he does. I didn't realize he broke his wrist though. That's one serious injury. Maybe he'll take 6 weeks for it to heal, but how much longer before his wrist is actually strong enough to play.
True. Last year, he had surgery on his shoulder and missed 5 months. Then he had a knee injury that took him out for a few weeks and he played with a knee brace during the post season. I think historically he's been pretty much an injury-free guy but last year was a whammy for him.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I believe the penguins have tapped into a mysterious supply of gummy bear juice, that is why they are doing so well. I am sure most people in Philly are wondering what the hell is wrong with Emery since the win's haven't been coming as expected.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

Around 8th.

I meant for a day or two. While Boston continues to struggle and we remain ahead of Buffalo, we are not slipping farther than 3rd. We're sitting in 2nd right now, for crying out loud. Granted, that's 6 points out of 1st, but still. If Pittsburgh falters we could move up to the top of the Conference. I wouldn't expect to stay there for along time, but even getting there for a day would be a nice way to rub it in the analysts' faces.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Around 8th.

I meant for a day or two. While Boston continues to struggle and we remain ahead of Buffalo, we are not slipping farther than 3rd. We're sitting in 2nd right now, for crying out loud. Granted, that's 6 points out of 1st, but still. If Pittsburgh falters we could move up to the top of the Conference. I wouldn't expect to stay there for along time, but even getting there for a day would be a nice way to rub it in the analysts' faces.

Agreed. That would be fantastic, and I've been thinking about it too since we've been in 2nd for a while now. Are we actually still in 2nd? Unbelievable if we are considering we haven't played since Saturday.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rangers have more points but are 2nd in their division. Caps have the same number of points to lead their division, but only have 4 wins.

It's a very precarious 2nd, but as long as we keep ahead of the Bruins, Sabres and (now that I've looked in more detail) Capitlas, we will remain in second.

Until we win the next three while Pittsburgh loses all of their starts. The Rangers, of course, could pass us, but the timer is running out on Gaborik's groin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum