GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009

+19
davetherave
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
The Silfer Server
Sens19
Vandelay
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Sp00nz
beerandsens
PTFlea
SensFan71
LeCaptain
wprager
spader
PKC
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Back about HD. There is (was?) a CBC guy who posts on digitalhome.ca. He said that CBC owns two HD trucks (since last year, I think) but sometimes they will also rent a third one. The game on right now looks to be HD and not up-converted SD. Would they have brought their own equipment over to Sweden? Can they rent non-PAL equipment over in Europe or does HD take away the differences at the camera side of things (e.g. the feed from the camera is neither PAL nor NTSC, and has to be converted elsewhere for transmission).

Anyhow, obviously there is lots that I don't know in this area. I do, however, see the HD listed for the Ottawa game in the guide data, so I'll keep fingers crossed.

Go Sens!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The only clue I have that the Sens game is NOT in HD is that on NHL CI it's on the SD channels and not the HD ones, although the CBC web site does show it as being in HD.

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2009/10/03/cbc_television/

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:The only clue I have that the Sens game is NOT in HD is that on NHL CI it's on the SD channels and not the HD ones.

doesn't matter to me if it's SD or HD, the game will be on, the volume will be muted, and it will be game on. Go Sens Go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Muted? Do you have the radio on for the audio? I've tried that in the past but ran into two problems. First, the radio was interfered with by the TV (wouldn't be a problem with internet streaming of Team 1200, but the PC is upstairs). Second, the TV feed and the radio feed had different delays. I can't remember which was which, but there was about a 2-3 second difference between the picture and the audio.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:The only clue I have that the Sens game is NOT in HD is that on NHL CI it's on the SD channels and not the HD ones, although the CBC web site does show it as being in HD.

it's on MSG HD in the US in HD

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Muted? Do you have the radio on for the audio? I've tried that in the past but ran into two problems. First, the radio was interfered with by the TV (wouldn't be a problem with internet streaming of Team 1200, but the PC is upstairs). Second, the TV feed and the radio feed had different delays. I can't remember which was which, but there was about a 2-3 second difference between the picture and the audio.

I prefer no audio during hockey games, TSN has the worst commentators, but CBC is a close second, so just rather watch the game and follow it myself, maybe listening to music or something else in the background, but no commentators at all, I hate listening to their BS GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 4 668437

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:The only clue I have that the Sens game is NOT in HD is that on NHL CI it's on the SD channels and not the HD ones, although the CBC web site does show it as being in HD.

it's on MSG HD in the US in HD
Yeah, but no one in Canada is picking up that feed.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Muted? Do you have the radio on for the audio? I've tried that in the past but ran into two problems. First, the radio was interfered with by the TV (wouldn't be a problem with internet streaming of Team 1200, but the PC is upstairs). Second, the TV feed and the radio feed had different delays. I can't remember which was which, but there was about a 2-3 second difference between the picture and the audio.

I prefer no audio during hockey games, TSN has the worst commentators, but CBC is a close second, so just rather watch the game and follow it myself, maybe listening to music or something else in the background, but no commentators at all, I hate listening to their BS GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 4 668437

I wish they'd get rid of commentators, and just mic the ice, the box and the benches. I wanna hear what they're saying to each other. Rate it R or something. That would be awesome!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Aw... no Grachev on the Rangers? Damnit!!!! What a waste of a talent.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Looks like rags2riches is gonna have the game on.  Stream looks decent.
http://rags2riches99.webs.com/rags2richestv.htm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

wow I can't believe the Sens are finally going to play a regular season game

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:wow I can't believe the Sens are finally going to play a regular season game

it has been a long spread between the disappointment last season, then dealing with the Dany Heatley saga, tonight's game is a metaphorical turning over a new leaf, hopefully they can provide a solid win in MSG for the fans. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 4 88481 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 4 88481 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 4 88481 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 4 88481

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:wow I can't believe the Sens are finally going to play a regular season game

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Vandelay wrote:Looks like rags2riches is gonna have the game on. Stream looks decent.

CBC.ca has a really good stream too, but I'm not sure if they allow Brazilians to access it.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

A new era begins tonight on the Sens' blue-line. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 4 Icon_cool

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Bass Destruction wrote:
Vandelay wrote:Looks like rags2riches is gonna have the game on. Stream looks decent.

CBC.ca has a really good stream too, but I'm not sure if they allow Brazilians to access it.
Nope...and the rags one is not working anymore either.  Anyone with another link or a canadian proxy???

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the only link i can get working is the one straight from cbc

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

time to drop the puck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]