GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal

+6
PTFlea
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:
marakh wrote:
Jordo wrote:I'm not sure how anybody can say this is a bad deal.. He may be small and pussyish- but he's got a ton of talent.. I can't believe that more teams didn't get in on these sweepstakes.

800k? Wow.

Agreed. He still has potential for greatness.

And he disappears in the playoffs. "No thanks" if I'm a GM that values the real season... ATL needs all the help they can get just to make it to the playoffs. Once they're there, it doesn't really matter what they do. Which makes Afinogenov a great pickup. Don't expect much when the games matter, though..

You said it. But the games that matter for Atlanta are the 41 at home in the regular season.

This bolsters an already pretty deep attack (Kozlov, Antropov, Kane, Little, White, Armstrong and that other guy), and their blue-line is pretty good with the Kubina addition and the maturation of Bogosian.

It's all up to Lehtonen/Pavelec/Hedberg.

EDIT: To think that Kovy's linemates last season were Todd White and Rich Peverley.

Good move for an Atlanta, Pheonix, Florida, or anywhere else where people dont give a Diddle.

Maybe ATL would like to stockpile Russians and take Zubov off our hands?

Volchenkov, Kelly, Zubov, 2010 1st
for
Bogosian

Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 639591

CCgotITcovered wrote:Maybe ATL would like to stockpile Russians and take Zubov off our hands?

for
Bogosian

Sounds like a GM Sim trade to me. Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 78253

Waddell should and would be fired on the spot for making that deal imo. That's quantity, not quality. As much as Volchenkov is a great player, the rest is fluff.

hemlock wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Maybe ATL would like to stockpile Russians and take Zubov off our hands?

for
Bogosian

Sounds like a GM Sim trade to me. Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 78253

Waddell should and would be fired on the spot for making that deal imo. That's quantity, not quality. As much as Volchenkov is a great player, the rest is fluff.

ok ok ... we'll throw in Picard Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 Icon_smile

CCgotITcovered wrote:
hemlock wrote:

for
Bogosian

ok ok ... we'll throw in Picard Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 Icon_smile

I'd do it in a heartbeat. We have a logjam as is on the blueline. We'd clear that up a bit and be getting the best player in the deal. Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 301182

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

for
Bogosian

Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 48959

Not gonna happen, I'm afraid. But Bogosian is a Sens fan, so maybe in free agency some day...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote: Not gonna happen, I'm afraid. But Bogosian is a Sens fan, so maybe in free agency some day...

I was just about to say the same thing. Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote: Not gonna happen, I'm afraid. But Bogosian is a Sens fan, so maybe in free agency some day...

I was just about to say the same thing. Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 50327

Dare to dream...

Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 Img_jubilee_diamonds

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

There's another guy (Bogosian) who would make our defense generational.

Believe me: I know all about his being a Sens fan. I still have hopes for the summer of 2015, having a blueline that includes the three plus he Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 563556 Throw in Lehner and we don't even need forwards Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal - Page 2 503175

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

LOL Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum