GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal

+2
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:59 am

http://espn.go.com/nhl/

2Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Is this a precursor to a trade or are they keeping him ????

6M a year might be a little out of our price range.

3Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A little out?

- Unknown Author

4Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:05 pm

I personally think that that is a nasty contract for a young goalie

5Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like the deal.

6Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:12 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Blazer wrote:I personally think that that is a nasty contract for a young goalie

Isnt he 30 years old?

7Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:14 pm

504Heater wrote:I like the deal.

A little high in my opinion.

8Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:17 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Has he ever won a playoff series?

9Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:28 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Niklas Backstrom is 31 years old. In three seasons he has played 150 games, has a 2.19 average, a .921 SV% and 15 shutouts, with an 84-39-18 record.

This year: 2.24 GAA, .925 SV%, 6 shutouts, 28-18-4 record.

His new contract puts him at #7 on the list behind Nabokov, Giguere, Miller, Lundqvist, Kiprusoff and Luongo.

NHL.com's statistical chart currently ranks him at #4 behind Rinne, Vokoun and Thomas.

10Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i would like to see a deal that would bring Josh Harding to ottawa :KKK: , never mind backstrom and sucha large contract.

11Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:A little high in my opinion.

Maybe, but what did they expect? 5 million would have been a bargain, 6 is a little high, but you don't let an awesome goalie walk.

12Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Has he ever won a playoff series?

No sir.

13Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm

They overpaid to keep him, I def think they could have gone with Harding... that being said, he is more than available now. (Harding)

14Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Empty Re: Backstrom resigned to 4 year deal Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm

504Heater wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:A little high in my opinion.

Maybe, but what did they expect? 5 million would have been a bargain, 6 is a little high, but you don't let an awesome goalie walk.
I think the UFAs this summer other than the absolute top end guys like JBo are going to be a little dissapointed in the offers they get. Too much uncertainty around the cap the year after next. Like I said JBo will get his but I think you may see more teams near the "Floor" next year as opposed to this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum