GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal

+6
PTFlea
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal

overpaid

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's a lotta lettuce.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DirtyDave wrote:overpaid

Slightly, yeah. If he scores 60 points, though (which he easily may) then not a bad pick up. Am I going to regret passing him up twice in the draft?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a bargain compared to what I paid for him in the SIM Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal 50327 . Seriously though that's not a bad deal at all. A one year risk worth taking IMO.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's a bargain compared to what I paid for him in the SIM Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal 50327 . Seriously though that's not a bad deal at all. A one year risk worth taking IMO.

You should have waited. I'm pretty sure the SIM is supposed to be as realistic as possible.

Has my Tyler Myers deal been voided yet?

I wouldn't have minded if the Sens made the same gamble so I think it is a good deal. Can't teach speed and hands... he still has both.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way there was a massive earthquake (some reports say 8.3) near Samoa, resulting in a 10' tidal wave headed for Hawaii.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm not sure how anybody can say this is a bad deal.. He may be small and pussyish- but he's got a ton of talent.. I can't believe that more teams didn't get in on these sweepstakes.

800k? Wow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle ing bargain. What the diddle? 800K...and no one else would take a chance? Some teams will be laughing until Atlanta is knocking on the 8th seed - then it won't be so funny.

And if Maxim gets knocked until next year, it's a tiny little amount that comes off the cap and goes onto the LTIR, so he can be replaced easily and within the org.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:I'm not sure how anybody can say this is a bad deal.. He may be small and pussyish- but he's got a ton of talent.. I can't believe that more teams didn't get in on these sweepstakes.

800k? Wow.

Agreed. He still has potential for greatness.

marakh wrote:
Jordo wrote:I'm not sure how anybody can say this is a bad deal.. He may be small and pussyish- but he's got a ton of talent.. I can't believe that more teams didn't get in on these sweepstakes.

800k? Wow.

And he disappears in the playoffs. "No thanks" if I'm a GM that values the real season... ATL needs all the help they can get just to make it to the playoffs. Once they're there, it doesn't really matter what they do. Which makes Afinogenov a great pickup. Don't expect much when the games matter, though..

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:
marakh wrote:

800k? Wow.

And he disappears in the playoffs. "No thanks" if I'm a GM that values the real season... ATL needs all the help they can get just to make it to the playoffs. Once they're there, it doesn't really matter what they do. Which makes Afinogenov a great pickup. Don't expect much when the games matter, though..

You said it. But the games that matter for Atlanta are the 41 at home in the regular season.

This bolsters an already pretty deep attack (Kozlov, Antropov, Kane, Little, White, Armstrong and that other guy), and their blue-line is pretty good with the Kubina addition and the maturation of Bogosian.

It's all up to Lehtonen/Pavelec/Hedberg.

EDIT: To think that Kovy's linemates last season were Todd White and Rich Peverley.

Good move for an Atlanta, Pheonix, Florida, or anywhere else where people dont give a Diddle.

Maybe ATL would like to stockpile Russians and take Zubov off our hands?

Volchenkov, Kelly, Zubov, 2010 1st
for
Bogosian

Afinogenov a Thrasher $800,000 1 year deal 639591

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum