GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Scott Cullen on something?

+5
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:05 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am not certain of TSN's Scott Cullen's credibility, but I am certainly questioning a bit of it, and I know projections are just that, projections based on probably some magical formula he comes up with, but however, to have Toskala with better stats than Leclaire, I declare lunacy.

Cullen has Toskala projected with there stats, 2.71 GAA, 26 wins and .905 SV% (3 SO's).

Cullen has Leclaire projected with these stats, 2.92 GAA, 28 wins, and .904 SV% (4 SO's)

I know Leclaire is coming off an injury, however, he is getting into his prime as a goalie and Toskala is coming to an end, hasn't been as effective in Toronto as he was in SJ, probably to do with the team, which is the 2nd point of my posting this, does Cullen really think the Sens are worse off than the Leafs? I would argue that one until the dawn of time.

2Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Scott Cullen writes his "articles" at the breakfast table still wearing his blue and white pajamas and his Carlton the Bear slippers.

3Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Scott Cullen writes his "articles" at the breakfast table still wearing his blue and white pajamas and his Carlton the Bear slippers.

so he has pretty low credibility then? does he still live at his grandma's?

4Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:12 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

There's a reason some call the Toronto Sports Network

5Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Scott Cullen writes his "articles" at the breakfast table still wearing his blue and white pajamas and his Carlton the Bear slippers.

so he has pretty low credibility then? does he still live at his grandma's?

No. He's a grown man living on his own. I'm not sure if that makes his attire any less ridiculous, though.

6Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

cullen is a writer for the fantasy portion i don't know how much credibility he has or needs to write on how he thinks players will preform and what they will get he probably as you said has some formula and it has probably shown him to be fairly accurate(as acurate as any thing can predict the un predictable NHL)

7Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:17 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:cullen is a writer for the fantasy portion i don't know how much credibility he has or needs to write on how he thinks players will preform and what they will get he probably as you said has some formula and it has probably shown him to be fairly accurate(as acurate as any thing can predict the un predictable NHL)

probably as much accuracy as he has predicting lottery numbers, which is why he is still doing what he does.

8Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:cullen is a writer for the fantasy portion i don't know how much credibility he has or needs to write on how he thinks players will preform and what they will get he probably as you said has some formula and it has probably shown him to be fairly accurate(as acurate as any thing can predict the un predictable NHL)

probably as much accuracy as he has predicting lottery numbers, which is why he is still doing what he does.

He picks lottery numbers from the jerseys on his favourite Leaf players.

9Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:22 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

He picks lottery numbers from the jerseys on his favourite Leaf players.

that explains a lot right there Is Scott Cullen on something? 668437

10Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:24 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Meh, the save % is the one that counts and that is about even. The GAA is more a reflection of our defence then the tender himself.

11Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

TeamRenzo wrote:Meh, the save % is the one that counts and that is about even. The GAA is more a reflection of our defence then the tender himself.

I guess that brings up another argument/comparison, is the Toronto D better than the Ottawa D? They may be a bit more physical, but they don't have much of a transition game beyond Kaberle.

12Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:Meh, the save % is the one that counts and that is about even. The GAA is more a reflection of our defence then the tender himself.

I guess that brings up another argument/comparison, is the Toronto D better than the Ottawa D? They may be a bit more physical, but they don't have much of a transition game beyond Kaberle.

Beauchemin and Kaberle are pretty good at transition, and the others will be nasty in front of the net.

13Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's losing a lot of credibility around the league IMO. There are people who are just confused by what he's saying these days.

14Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:He's losing a lot of credibility around the league IMO. There are people who are just confused by what he's saying these days.

I think Scott is just taking into the account the huge loss of Drew Fata by the Senators, only he and Paul Mcann(on Hockeybuzz) are on the ball so far Is Scott Cullen on something? 455378

15Is Scott Cullen on something? Empty Re: Is Scott Cullen on something? Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:11 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:

On paper TML defence is better than ours, we have serious question marks on our back end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum