GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gretzky steps down

+6
SensGirl11
beedub
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:51 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:Personally I see Gretzky as more of a president type than a coach. I really don't get how he got to be a coach.
Butts in seats.

17Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:58 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I thought of that too, but why buy tickets to see Gretzky behind the bench?

18Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:59 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I could see that working more in LA since he played there.

19Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:I thought of that too, but why buy tickets to see Gretzky behind the bench?
I'll bet ya a lot fewer tickets would have been sold with [insert non-hockey hero/icon name] behind the bench.

Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Icon_wink

20Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:I could see that working more in LA since he played there.

Like Robbie Ftorek and his fashionable designer sweaters?

21Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So how long before Gretzky's lawyers sue for breach of contract? The Coyotes may be in or near bankruptcy, but the NHL (if they are the new owners) are not. $8M/year, with a contract, is not something to give up without a second's thought.

Are we going to have the game's ambassador suing the league? If so, then *that* will be Buttman's legacy.

22Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is it too soon for me to say that he should never have been Head Coach in the first place?

23Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:47 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Is it too soon for me to say that he should never have been Head Coach in the first place?

no you can say it, am sure lots of people were thinking it, sounded more like a marketing/PR stunt more than sound hockey decision.

24Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Is it too soon for me to say that he should never have been Head Coach in the first place?
I think you're late to the game if anything...

Wink

25Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sacrilicious.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet in a more suitable role. Like a highly paid figurehead with some made up title. Gretzky steps down - Page 2 401599

26Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe now with a real coach this team will do something.

27Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:23 pm

They need real players too.

28Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like Dave Tippett is going to be named the new head coach of the Coyotes.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2009/09/24/11098221.html

29Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Looks like Dave Tippett is going to be named the new head coach of the Coyotes.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2009/09/24/11098221.html

Diddle...he's the best guy out there by literally a 10-1 ratio. The Yotes are gonna get a real system now and real structure to work in. They still suck, but if there's one guy that can make them suck less it's Tippett.

30Gretzky steps down - Page 2 Empty Re: Gretzky steps down Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:31 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

How about dressing less rookies to begin with?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum