GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shabbs steps up and into the BlackBerry universe...

+5
The Silfer Server
wprager
TheAvatar
LethalLehner
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Finally decided to upgrade my way old cell phone and ordered me a BlackBerry Curve 8900... my first BlackBerry.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrycurve8900/

Let the BB madness begin!

Wow. You are already a MR. Montagoose. Is this really necessary? Razz

Congratulations....I guess. I don't know if Mr. Bettman will approve of you supporting the terrorist!

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Congrats Shabbs. Does it serve beer? Sarcasm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Finally decided to upgrade my way old cell phone and ordered me a BlackBerry Curve 8900... my first BlackBerry.

Now that you own blackberry, are you ready to buy a team and move it to southern ON "??

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just spreading the love!

HA HA!

If it doesn't serve beer... I'll build an app that does.

Wink

shabbs wrote:Just spreading the love!

HA HA!

Wink

Laughing3

It's all about the beer eh?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Finally decided to upgrade my way old cell phone and ordered me a BlackBerry Curve 8900... my first BlackBerry.

All you had to do was edit your signature to read "Sent from my Blackberry". Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

HA HA!

Wink

I can just see the iPhone ad: You want it to serve beer? There's an app for that.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shabbs steps up and into the BlackBerry universe... Bettman1

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Ha, that' funny, me too. Except i didn't upgrade my way old cell, i just finally got one... I've been holding out on principle that it is a luxury and not a necessity, but absolutely love my Blackberry Curve 8900... Most essential app is Google Maps. The Score Mobile is also really good though.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Oh and there are a few pay flashlight apps you can get, but what I did instead is put the flash on the video camera on "always" and whenever i need the flashlight, I just go to the video camera and i have an instant flashlight.

Also Blackberry Messenger is incredible. Doesn't count as data, thus no roaming charges. I love and am addicted to it.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you stepped into the blackberry world and I still don't even own a cell phone, I had one once, got pissed on by Rogers and haven't had one since.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:you stepped into the blackberry world and I still don't even own a cell phone, I had one once, got pissed on by Rogers and haven't had one since.

Wow, exactly my story. Got a $20/month plan (special at work), never paid less than $36/month (and that's mostly without going over minutes), and as soon as the 2 years was done I canceled. Three years ago we got a new Montana minivan and it came with On* paid ofr a year, and some free cellphone minutes, so we used that for a while (man, what a horrible, horrible implementation -- dialing consists of fighting with the voice recognition about the pronunciation of some digits, while the kids are killing themselves laughing at me in the back). Anyhow, after the free On* ran out I investigated pre-paid solutions and ended up going with PetroCan mobility. You can get $100 of air time and it lasts a full year. They use the Rogers network, and the phones are unlocked GSM (so I can easily use the phone when traveling in the US by getting a pre-paid SIM card there -- I just won't be able to use the same number as here, not a biggie for me).

Anyhow, no Blackberry or iPhone for me unless I get one for free from work.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:

HA HA!

Wink

I can just see the iPhone ad: You want it to serve beer? There's an app for that.

The newest blackberry curve (I think it's the 8900) is by far the best. Better than the Bold in my opinion.

That being said, they're more geared towards business people who are constantly sending emails over the device.

iPhone's are for everyday people- and if that's you- you'll find it a MILLION times better. Promised. There's apps for everything.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I've always had a cell phone... and before that... a pager... heh heh. Ahhhh yeah, back in the day we all had pagers. Seems silly looking back now... I remember my first Motorola Flip phone in the early 90s... holy heck it was huge compared to today's devices... and the battery was massive.

How far we've come....

From this:
Shabbs steps up and into the BlackBerry universe... Mr1

To this:
Shabbs steps up and into the BlackBerry universe... Blackberry-Curve-8900

And beyond!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum