GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

iPhone or Blackberry Bold

4 posters

Which is better and why.

iPhone or Blackberry Bold Vote_lcap250%iPhone or Blackberry Bold Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
iPhone or Blackberry Bold Vote_lcap250%iPhone or Blackberry Bold Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:26 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am thinking about buying one. I would like hear comments on which you think is better.

2iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ElliottRules wrote:I am thinking about buying one. I would like hear comments on which you think is better.
What do you think will be your primary use(s) for the device? This is the key differentiator between the two. Lay out what you'd like to be able to do with the device, and what your "must have" features are.

3iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:33 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Just for the sake of providing more info, I want to use it for texting, calling, surfing. Those are the main ones. I have an older iPod that I use for music and videos. Having the apps might be a nice thing though but they both seem to have app stores now. I am just a little concerned about the ease of keyboard use on the iPhone.

Last edited by ElliottRules on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

4iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:46 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

iPhone I believe has the advantages in terms of the apps, so if that drives your choice, then the iPhone is the hands down winner. I haven't owned a cell phone in over 6 years, have no time for them.

5iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:03 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The iPhone has a ridiculous number of apps now... Blackberry is not even close... Text entry on the iPhone is a bit odd as it's not tactile like the buttons are on a Bold. I have an iPod Touch and have been very impressed with the browsing, apps etc... When it comes to email, Blackberry is the best though.

But, if your key criteria is texting, calling and surfing... then the iPhone is what you want.

6iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Thanks Shabbs. I would be checking email too but not likely to write long winded responses. I have heard the same thing regarding the iPhone keybaord..if you want to write long emails then the BB is the best way to go but if you are looking more for browsing and texting then the iPhone is the way to go. I just wish the plans were equal in price. The BB is cheaper plan wise.

7iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:12 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ElliottRules wrote:Thanks Shabbs. I would be checking email too but not likely to write long winded responses. I have heard the same thing regarding the iPhone keybaord..if you want to write long emails then the BB is the best way to go but if you are looking more for browsing and texting then the iPhone is the way to go. I just wish the plans were equal in price. The BB is cheaper plan wise.
Yeah... with the iPhone, you're probably looking at a min. $80/month before tax when you factor in access fee, voice plan, data plan and iPhone essentials (texting etc...). And then you're locked in for three years... so over the life of the contract... you're going to drop over $3000 for the iPhone.

Too rich for my blood.

8iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Something to consider. Apple just unveiled a new, faster iPhone, and prices on the older model have been cut to $99. I have no idea of what the plans cost, as I'm so sure it's not going to fit my shrinking disposable income that I never bothered checking out. You could probably get a lot more information here:
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/

9iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes, Prager's right. If you are going to buy an iPhone, hold off until after June 19th when the new one's come out.

The old 3G iPhone will be $99 (8GB of storage) and will have a free upgrade to the iPhone OS 3.0. The new 3GS iPhones will be $199 and $299 each (16GB and 32GB storage). The new ones are faster and have a better camera, but all the good stuff is in the new OS so an "older" 3G iPhone @ $99 is the best bet.

10iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:44 am

Loooooooove my BB, it is indeed a crackberry.

11iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:52 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Loooooooove my BB, it is indeed a crackberry.
Which model do you have?

12iPhone or Blackberry Bold Empty Re: iPhone or Blackberry Bold Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:09 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:Loooooooove my BB, it is indeed a crackberry.

Do you have a Bold? How do you find the browser? I had a World Edition briefly for work and I loved it. We are not supposed to use the internet so I only tried it once or twice. I also liked having the real keyboard. N4L, is there anything that you find awkward or difficult to use on the BB?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum