GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shabbs steps up and into the BlackBerry universe...

+5
The Silfer Server
wprager
TheAvatar
LethalLehner
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Kaboom!

that must be the name of their explosive application, he he. Facepalm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The all-important killer app that sells hardware.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Like that "big red button" app.

Too funny.

Must have.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So many one-liners just screaming out to be heard.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Congrats! You are now a share holder in the future Hamilton ___________ . Season tickets for all CrackBerry owners!

I myself recently joined the club, got a Pearl flip. While love it, I'm not looking forward to the extra 30 bucks a month and 3 more years of Rogers.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:My friend just got an iPhone, and he loves it. Got some ridiculous data plan like 6 or 8 GB per month, but somehow just received a text saying he's used 80% of it. One of the apps he downloaded was a data tracker, and that states he's only used 150MB worth... So now he has to go battle Rogers again. They like screwing him.

Must say my experience with them has been positive so far though.

To cross 6G, you'd have to use 200MB daily - consistently. Even streaming radio continuously, I'm not sure you would use that much.

The first thing to do is to reset the data usage under Settings/General/Usage (I think - I don't have the phone with me). Then watch for 6-24h without using the phone for data. And get rid of the data tracker app - I vaguely recall somewhere that some apps actually continually leak data usage, something like a dripping faucet.

After a few hours, if the data usage has gone up at all, then there's another app that's tapping in or sending out - check the internet streaming radio/video. Sometimes, just resetting the phone is enough.

If that doesn't work, then have him keep a log of when he uses data, and what he does, for just about a week. On the next bill, you should get a detailed log of data usage (times, amounts, etc). Just confirm where they don't match, and you'll have your answer.

BTW - whomever said that BB is for business people, and iPhone is for day-to-day use, I prefer to quote a friend of mine : "Blackberries are tools; iPhones are toys". I have an iPhone, and am waiting until I can upgrade to a BB.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lovin' the new BB... check it out...

Shabbs steps up and into the BlackBerry universe... - Page 3 Hadpgaach

Slick.

Smile

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Lovin' the new BB... check it out...

Shabbs steps up and into the BlackBerry universe... - Page 3 Hadpgaach

Slick.

Smile

Yours is a Curve 8900?
How does it compare to the Bold?
Specifically 3G, etc?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Curve and the Bold are very similar with the main differences being:
- the Bold has a different keyboard (I prefer the Curve's keyboard)
- the Bold is a little longer and wider (holding it in one hand is awkward)
- the Bold has 3G and the Curve does not (it uses EDGE)
- the Curve has a better camera (3.2MP with auto focus and flash)
- the Bold's screen is a bit bigger, but the Curve's is higher res
- the Bold's CPU is a bit faster and it has more on-board memory

Both are great Smartphones. 3G was not a big thing for me. The Curve has a solid, well built feel in your hands, the Bold felt a bit plasticy and not put together as well as the Curve. It creaked and what not when you used it/squeezed it.

The Bold is a bit more pricey than the Curve 8900 and if 3G speeds are what you are primarily looking for, then the Bold is what you want.

Check out http://www.crackberry.com for reviews and comparisons. A lot of folks out there have given the Bold a spin and gone back to Curve 8900.

And I totally Diddle love this thing. Got my 4 main email addresses all being sucked into it... synched all my contacts, my calendar etc... add apps for Gmail, Google Maps, Google Latitude, Facebook, Twitter, Weather, Flickr. All my buddies that have BB's are all reachable in real-time via Blackberry Messenger, media management is pretty cool too but not as good as the iPod.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum